Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Lung problem

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 9th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Mende
Hookah Nut

Location: Hometown: Severin,Romania| Living in Manchester, UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Mende
Exclamation Lung problem

Hey guys! Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this discussion but here goes.
Recently, I've been having some lung problems. No changes in my smoking habits, or to my rig . .not the charcoal, tobacco, water, new hose etc.
When I wake up in the morning I start coughing bad. If I try to smoke before I stop coughing, my lungs sting and hurt and I start coughing worse. If chill for a couple of hours, suck on a medicinal piece of candy etc . . .I can have a nice session . .and I'm okay.
Same thing with before I go to bed. I get shortness of breath and I start coughing bad - smoking is out of the question.
Anyone know what this is and how can I stop it? pls don't tell me to stop as I can't/won't .. . just some tips to heal myself.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:22 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Default Re: Lung problem

have you considered seeing a Dr first? maybe you have an infection or something and the smoking is making it worse. when it comes to your health you should never hesitate to get check out.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:25 AM
-jordan-

Yikes, that doesn't sound normal at all. I'm with Bigpoppa on this one. You need to go see a doctor
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:30 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

like BP said, j go to to the doctor.. get that checked out before it becomes worse then there will be no going back
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:35 AM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

If nothing about your setup changed then I recommend you go to the doctor and get checked out. Don't wait it off you don't want your condition to worsen.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:59 AM
MilwaukeeHookah
Hookah Nut

Don't hesitate, go to the doctor right away. About 6 months ago i woke up one morning and had pain on my left side of my chest all the way to my back and up my shoulder. I put it off throughout the day, went to class, at 2am i started hearing noises coming out of my chest when i was trying to go to sleep. I ended up driving 20 miles to the nearest ER and found out i had a pneumothorax (Hole in my Lung). I live on campus an hour away from my house so it was a pretty interesting drive trying to find the place, especially at 2 clinching my chest, trying to shift gears. I'm 18 years old and never saw it coming, you don't want to put it off, the doctor said if i would have waited till morning my lung may have fully deflated, possibly causing death.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:26 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Doctor.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:59 AM
BDP
Hookah Nut

Dr. time. I'd also try to not smoke later in the evening or smoke a few hours before you go to bed. If I smoke a few hours before I fall asleep I wake up with serious chest pains.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

ya you got the crabs. Nahh but really go see a doctor they are all right. its no joke especially if your going to or at least attempt to continue smoking. really this happened to a buddy of mine, didnt think it was anything and he wound up having a severe ******* bronchitis and was hospitalized.. no joke.

..oh and when you go to the doctor dont BS him, tell him exactly what ur smoking and how much.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:14 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Most respiratory infections can be seriously agitated if not complicated by irritants like smoke/smog. Also if you smoke with friends many respiratory infections are either airborne or fluid based precautions and can be very easily transfered through the interactions that you have when sharing. It also sounds like you might have something like pneumonia because the mucus seems to be settling when you're lying down which is most likely why you have these coughing problems when you're trying to sleep or waking up.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:21 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

sounds like what i had when i had bronchitis. have fun with it because it sucks ball. i was also coughing up crap in the shower. that ranged from dark brown to clearish. it was also the start of allergy season which made it even more fun
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Jessica
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica

See your physician as soon as possible and stop smoking until you do. You could have a respiratory infection that becomes irritated by the smoking which can worsen the condition and if it is left untreated it may cause irreversible damage to your lungs and in severe cases can cause respiratory arrest leading to death. Your breathing is not something to be taken lightly. If you notice your having a difficult time breathing do not wait, go to the emergency room immediately.
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:38 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

+1 on the upper respiratory infection!

+10000 on going to see the doctor.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:56 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I am also agreeing with everyone here. See a Doctor. Pronto.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:58 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

HP members are so smart. I agree go to the doc. OR if you are the courageous type, you can self diagnose at web md, but I recommend against it.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Chest x-ray FTW!!!!!!! Trust me, I speak from experience.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Jinzx
Hookah Nut

can't believe nobody told him to see a doctor, this guy is clearly not well!
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

I am a doctor, and my recomendation is GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!! Don't fail to mention you smoke to him/her.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
I am a doctor, and my recomendation is GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!! Don't fail to mention you smoke to him/her.
I am not a gynecologist but I'll take a look...
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:48 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Nice to see a MD also smoking shisha! I'm a nurse (ER RN) and sometimes feel "my bad" for smoking, but I also figure something's gotta kill ya right? LOL I always tell my female friends, just to get them going "If the cancer don't get me... the women drivers will!" Plus, who wants to live the last 10-20 years of their lives in a nursing home right? LOL
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Go see a doctor
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Alright, the Doctor is in. What seems to be the problem?
Old March 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

definitely refrain from hookah in the meantime, I would suggest maybe a filtered ciggy for a nicotine substitute. also, what is your smoking environment like? I spent a summer in eastern France extremely humid and these sweaty water droplets were dripping and running down the inside of the windows...every morning I hacked up this watery red phlegm...sometime the smoking environment can be a factor.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook