Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

NO SMOKE AHH!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Dalton2510
Hookah Newbie

Default NO SMOKE AHH!!!

so today i found out i had a smoke shop 40 min away and i went there to stock up on shisha i bought a bunch of al waha and 1 romman i smoked the al waha grape awhile ago and it had some smoke but tasted terrible just like i was sucking in the charcoal and the romman is doing okay but not what i would expect and it tastes like dawn dish soap smells to me i was wondering why i cant get any smoke i am using a new coal called vivi and they are log shaped i didnt know this when i bought them but would that be why cause the coal is no like laying flat on the foil? thanks sorry for grammar i was in a hurry

Last edited by BIGPOPPA; March 9th, 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: terminology used not allowed on hookahpro
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:46 AM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

Default Re: NO SMOKE AHH!!!

Al Waha in my experience needed more coals to heat up and smoke "I got the bounty flavor" Al waha is not known for big clouds of smoke but it does give you a huge buzz since its 0.5% nicotine. Romman is great and does give off nice big clouds so you are either packing the tobacco too tightly and not sprinkling it in the bowl or you are not giving it enough heat.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Dalton2510
Hookah Newbie

hmm i will try to do it differently and give an update tomorrow i also forgot i am trying the vortex bowl for this first time i heard you werent suppose to fill it like you would a regular bowl only like half way is this true?
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:57 AM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

Nope. Fill it up but dont fill it to the point where the tobacco is touching the foil "Romman" however you can fill it all the way up with Al Waha since it takes more heat. Also if you are still a beginner at smoking, Al Waha is not such a good idea because of its high nicotine percentage so, it might make you sick.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:56 AM
BDP
Hookah Nut

Yeah all of the above or you may have an air leak.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:04 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

No Smoke=Not enough heat

Did you light the coals all the way? The coals you described are are natural logs and light best when put on a electric coil stove, they can not be lit with a cigarette/Bic lighter. It takes a solid 8-15 minutes to light them, flip them over as needed. Perhaps your coals were not all the way lit and thats whey you were tasting the coals.

Have you recently cleaned your hookah? You said it tasted like soap, perhaps it actually was soap from whenever you last cleaned it. Give you pipe a nice washing with hot water and be sure to dry it.

Invest in a wind cover, it really helps to heat the bowl evenly.

read up on how to properly pack those different types of tobacco and see if that helps. The real test would be if you can get it to smoke properly using quicklights(ql). If you use Ql's and it smokes like a champ then you will know for sure that you didn't get enough heat to your tobacco.
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

I know some like it but al waha and romman are gross to me. Bad Flavor, Bad Qaulity, Bad Cut, Bad Smoke, Bad Shisha. But thats not the point I agree with everyone sounds like a leak or not enough heat. Hope it works out!
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Dalton2510
Hookah Newbie

so i tryed it again and i am getting smoke but the flavor of al waha is just unbearable to me i dont know if shisha gets old but this is not worth my money i feel like i have to smoke it cause i spent 30 dollars on it im fairly irritated haha. i enjoy my HOOKAH-HOOKAH!it smokes like a beast but the flavor isnt that intense but its not harsh..... since i got my hookah i havent had one good smoke yet does anyone know any places i can order shisha with free shipping or low shipping every where it seems im going to have to spend just as much on shipping as all the shisha i order and im kinda strapped for cash right now

but as far as i can see it seems to be going good now just need some good shisha i guess thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited by Dalton2510; March 10th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Hookahset has crazy low nakhla prices, and ********** has flat rate shipping.
And alwaha is pretty bad :X
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
SLEEPINGSHALL
Hookah Newbie

ya im not a fan of al waha. Well i really hate it. i buy my shisha off the web.
Old March 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

get some Nakhla sweet melon
Old March 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

I recommend Al Fakher and Nakhla MIZO. The original Nakhla is not really for beginners and since you like Hookah Hookah, you will probably not like Nakhla. Al Waha in my opinion is just horrible. You should always read the reviews on here about the different brands/flavors of shisha before making your purchase online that way you can have a good idea of what you're getting.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook