Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Khalil Mamoon Americana Hieroglyphics

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 9th, 2010, 03:58 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default Khalil Mamoon Americana Hieroglyphics

I've been considering purchasing a KM since my hookah from dirtcheaphookah isn't producing much of a flavorful experience for me. As many of you know i am one stingy mofo. Since im leaving at the end of the year i figure why the hell not and spend some money.

I'm still being cheap about it so i decided on the cheapest KM they have. Although it is the cheapest, i have to say it is one of the sexiest.

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-307.html

After the discount and everything the total comes to $70.79. Thats includeing (3) 50g Shisha, 2 rolls of quick lights, and 10 mouth pieces

I've noticed a lot of people posting things about purchasing KM Americana series. Will i be able to expect the same results since it's the same series even though its a different model?

Last edited by TerryAki; March 9th, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:09 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: Khalil Mamoon Americana Hieroglyphics

all KMs smoke great.. either mini, full sized, etc.
all are high quality rigs
all will treat you well

you will be happy with your purchase
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:15 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
all KMs smoke great.. either mini, full sized, etc.
all are high quality rigs
all will treat you well

you will be happy with your purchase
thanks man. im really considering it. Unless someone can find me a cheaper KM hookah haha.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:19 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

DO it! THis looks like a great pipe and will smoke like any other km would. Check out the review forums and video forums.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:22 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

i don't think you will find it any cheaper.. i say DOEET lol
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:26 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

haha thanks guys. Yeah im thinking of buying this. I'm giving myself a $100 spending limit since im getting like $1,169 back from income tax. So i think i deserve to splurge a little.

This is in my shopping cart so far
Khalil Mamoon Americana Hieroglyphics
Phunnel Bowl (Black)
XL Egyptian Wind Cover
Total (including shipping and discount code)= $91.54
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:26 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Look at this review http://www.youtube.com/user/hookahpr...22/JR8zhwgfw2g hope this helps! Good Luck
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:33 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbondok View Post
Look at this review http://www.youtube.com/user/hookahpr...22/JR8zhwgfw2g hope this helps! Good Luck
thanks for the video. that really disappoints me about the hose being too heavy for the hookah. One of the reasons i really wanted to buy this KM is because of the hose that came with it. =[. Plus it worries me that if i decide to purchase a different hose for it like a nammor

Last edited by TerryAki; March 9th, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:48 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

how bout this sucka

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-253.html

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-326.html

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-140.html
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:55 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

im greatly considering the 2nd one. But i found a dilemma.

I went onto Hookah-shisha.com and remembered they have a deal. Spend $100 and get a free mini mya hookah. I know i dont really need 2 hookahs. But i am all about getting free things! Problem is the cheapest KM's they have isn't really to my liking. Mainly because there's a pharaoh on it =T.

But like the KM from Hookahstore.com. This hookah is 23 inches. So im afraid of the whole hose being too heavy problem with this one as well =T

This costs $60

My hookah-shisha.com shopping cart would consist of
Khalil Mamoon Tefnut (above) - $59.95
Nammor Hookah Hose - $18.95
XL Wind Cover - $12.95
Phunnel Hookah Bowl - $10.95

Mini Mya Clearance Hookah - FREE
Total (including shipping + discount) = $113.89

So the main issue is. Pay less and get less, but get the hookah i want. Or pay a bit more and a lot more, but not the hookah i want.

Last edited by TerryAki; March 9th, 2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Jessica
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica

Heya Terri I almost bought the heiroglyphs one because i thought it looked super awesome. From the research I did it seems the general saying is anything over 22" doesnt really effect the smoke. I know your going away but why not enjoy the hell out of the time you have before you go? And if you LOVE hookah, then get one you love and you can always have it shipped to you when you get a more permanent station! (BTW my other comp crashed so i am re loading it hence why i am not on messenger) XOXO!
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:34 AM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15870
take a look there. i bought this rig in the end and it smokes really well for a one person session, but once u get people moving and things being bumped it can tip and coals can drop. i would say stay away from this rig, but if you are willing to spend a few extra bucks deffinately get the 30 incher!
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Dont get sucked in by the free mini hookah, you will only be disappointed in the end. I had an awesome buying experience with www.hookahstore.com Alvin was the best! They carry a full line of KM's and their website is clean and easy to navigate. Best of all, they provide awesome customer service during and after the sale. I got the KM shooting star chiller hookah and I must say that thing is nice! My KM Amer has been shelved for a while LOL check out my videos on the shooting star.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Dont get sucked in by the free mini hookah, you will only be disappointed in the end. I had an awesome buying experience with www.hookahstore.com Alvin was the best! They carry a full line of KM's and their website is clean and easy to navigate. Best of all, they provide awesome customer service during and after the sale. I got the KM shooting star chiller hookah and I must say that thing is nice! My KM Amer has been shelved for a while LOL check out my videos on the shooting star.
well the main reason i wanted to get the free mini maya was for my sister. mostly so she'll stop bothering me and not touch my new KM lol
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAki View Post
well the main reason i wanted to get the free mini maya was for my sister. mostly so she'll stop bothering me and not touch my new KM lol
So your willing to sacrifice getting what you really want so you can get a mini for your sister? You did say they KM they had was not to your liking. Here is the link to my new KM http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-617.html He has a ton of others to choose from. If you cant find a KM here then they dont make one you like hehe.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

They also have a $39.99 pumpkin hookah for your sister
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

And dont forget their discount for HP members:
Hookah Store
Hookah Pro Member Discount 20% - HS20
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
So your willing to sacrifice getting what you really want so you can get a mini for your sister? You did say they KM they had was not to your liking. Here is the link to my new KM http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-617.html He has a ton of others to choose from. If you cant find a KM here then they dont make one you like hehe.
There are just so many things blocking me from what i want to buy. Let me try to break it down

Hookahstore:
Pros:
- Hookah i want
- Cheaper overall payment
Cons:
- They don't carry a nammor hose (if i buy from another place, thats extra cost for shipping)

Hookah-Shisha:
Pros:
- Overall i get more
- I get a free hookah
- They carry Nammor hoses which i really want.
Cons:
- Costs more overall for final total
- I won't be getting the hookah i want (within price range)

Also im not trying to purchase a hookah for my sister. I just figured if i got it, it would be a nice gesture. I'm not gonna go out of my way to actually pay for one lol
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:18 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Hookah-Shisha also provides great customer service. They are actually one of the best I have dealt with when it comes to that. You can chat with them, email them, and call them if you need to.

After I switched the base for the Mini Mya I got free from them I have started liking it more. It hits just as well as my KM and holds any hose I put in there. I do not believe it is a rig for his sister. Once he tries it he will like it. I actually find I have to force myself to use the KM's over the mini Mya I have.

Now if you don't want any KM's H-S has then that is a different story. However I can tell you from experience that the Mini Mya is awesome. If weight is not a factor check out the Nammor line hookahs. They come with a nammor hose and are great hookahs as well.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

When it comes to a quality rig, get what you want the first time or else you will end up paying for 2. I am sure you come out about the same if you get the rig you want from 1 place and purchase the nammor seperate from another. Heck, you could wait on the nammor for a couple of weeks and put together a nice shisha/coals/hose order, besides the KM house is pretty decent and will get the job done. I used the stock hose for the first vid and it worked perfectly, I am going to reserve it for my DM chocomint, I suspect that flavor will ghost.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:21 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Hookah-Shisha also provides great customer service. They are actually one of the best I have dealt with when it comes to that. You can chat with them, email them, and call them if you need to.

After I switched the base for the Mini Mya I got free from them I have started liking it more. It hits just as well as my KM and holds any hose I put in there. I do not believe it is a rig for his sister. Once he tries it he will like it. I actually find I have to force myself to use the KM's over the mini Mya I have.

Now if you don't want any KM's H-S has then that is a different story. However I can tell you from experience that the Mini Mya is awesome. If weight is not a factor check out the Nammor line hookahs. They come with a nammor hose and are great hookahs as well.
I really had my heart set on getting a KM just because of the reputation they have. Maybe ill look into getting a nammor instead. Mostly cause it comes with the hose that i so desperately want lol. Plus its more affordable considering i wont have to pay extra for the hose
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I really had my heart set on getting a KM just because of the reputation they have. Maybe ill look into getting a nammor instead. Mostly cause it comes with the hose that i so desperately want lol. Plus its more affordable considering i wont have to pay extra for the hose
I did a video comparing KM and Nammor hookah. No difference besides weight to be honest. Draw is a tad tighter in Nammor than KM, but still a good quality rig.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:32 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
I did a video comparing KM and Nammor hookah. No difference besides weight to be honest. Draw is a tad tighter in Nammor than KM, but still a good quality rig.
i notice you have a nammor giza. i was actually looking to purchase it. You say its very light. Have you had any trouble with it tipping? It looks like the bottom is pretty flat and sturdy so it shouldn't be a problem. Just curious.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
i notice you have a nammor giza. i was actually looking to purchase it. You say its very light. Have you had any trouble with it tipping? It looks like the bottom is pretty flat and sturdy so it shouldn't be a problem. Just curious.
Never have any tipping problems. It is sturdy, just light compared to the KM's I have.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

if you call and speak with someone at hookah store they might be able to switch the hose out for one that doesnt cause it to tip as easy.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook