Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Hookah Lounges in Chicago

What are the best ones? I will be going to Columbia College in the fall. Are there any Columbia College students on Hookah Pro?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:46 AM
TerryAki's Avatar
TerryAki
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,123
Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

im from the chicago suburbs to be exact and their are a lot of hookah lounges in Schaumburg. I've never been to a hookah lounge in chicago but i heard of one called Guess hookah. They say its pretty good there, they have a nice outside lounge as well as a store. Plus the place is BYOB so you can bring your own alcohol, refreshments, as well as food.
When in doubt, google my friend
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CBEQtQMwAA


As far as ones in Schaumburg. I like going to this place called Fumare (before i purchased my own hookah) off of Golf road. It's really laid back there, music isn't so loud. Very chilled environment and nice employees. One of the employees popped in Big daddy on the tv and we all just chilled and watched it and smoked. If you are in the area and decide to go, id suggest that place. I would stay away from "Hookah Lounge" on golf road. Very noisy and cramped environment. Service was great but the ambiance and everything was unpleasant.

Last edited by TerryAki; March 10th, 2010 at 05:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Sleepdeprived12's Avatar
Sleepdeprived12
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 210
Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAki View Post
im from the chicago suburbs to be exact and their are a lot of hookah lounges in Schaumburg. I've never been to a hookah lounge in chicago but i heard of one called Guess hookah. They say its pretty good there, they have a nice outside lounge as well as a store. Plus the place is BYOB so you can bring your own alcohol, refreshments, as well as food.
When in doubt, google my friend
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CBEQtQMwAA


As far as ones in Schaumburg. I like going to this place called Fumare (before i purchased my own hookah) off of Golf road. It's really laid back there, music isn't so loud. Very chilled environment and nice employees. One of the employees popped in Big daddy on the tv and we all just chilled and watched it and smoked. If you are in the area and decide to go, id suggest that place. I would stay away from "Hookah Lounge" on golf road. Very noisy and cramped environment. Service was great but the ambiance and everything was unpleasant.
unfortunately guess hookah no longer has a lounge, just a store, and their location on google maps is incorrect, go to guesshookah.com to get their new location. Most hookah lounges are on the north side, quite a few by belmot and clark. Mostly I just chill at home and haven't really been to any of the lounges in chicago. I plan on hanging out at the city parks more this summer with my hookah. Maybe you'll see me
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

I knew about guess, but I just want to know if anyone has been to the lounges and has any recommendations.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:10 AM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

http://www.hookah-bars.com/IL.htm

Click on the individual lounges and there are some reviews in there. I hope that helps, it's better than nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
http://www.hookah-bars.com/IL.htm

Click on the individual lounges and there are some reviews in there. I hope that helps, it's better than nothing.
Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

No problem. That's what we're here for!

Find any you like/got good reviews?

I just looked through some of them and the comments don't seem to be very helpful...


Go to Google and type in 'hookah lounges in Chicago area'. Google Maps should pop up, click on it. On the left, there are all the lounges that are on the map, they're all rated and it seems like they have better comments.
I'd send the link to you, but I have German Windows Vista on my Laptop so I can only use German Google, it sets the language automatically.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
No problem. That's what we're here for!

Find any you like/got good reviews?

I just looked through some of them and the comments don't seem to be very helpful...


Go to Google and type in 'hookah lounges in Chicago area'. Google Maps should pop up, click on it. On the left, there are all the lounges that are on the map, they're all rated and it seems like they have better comments.
I'd send the link to you, but I have German Windows Vista on my Laptop so I can only use German Google, it sets the language automatically.
House of Hookah seems one of the best and it seems to be close to the campus. I will be heading down there next thursday to check out my dorm and stuff like that. I won't actually be attending class until the fall. Maybe I can talk my parents into going to a hookah bar before we head back to Green Bay.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

haha well good luck with that dude!

Just tell em it's a Mediterranean Restaurant and then, when you walk in just be like "Ooooooooops! Oh well, might as well stay now..."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
haha well good luck with that dude!

Just tell em it's a Mediterranean Restaurant and then, when you walk in just be like "Ooooooooops! Oh well, might as well stay now..."
hahaha! will do!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Sleepdeprived12's Avatar
Sleepdeprived12
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 210
Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
haha well good luck with that dude!

Just tell em it's a Mediterranean Restaurant and then, when you walk in just be like "Ooooooooops! Oh well, might as well stay now..."
except the lack of food may be a bummer, since chicago is smoke free, hookah lounges aren't allowed to serve food or alcolawl. Most places are byob to get around this though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:58 PM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Well let's just hope his parents don't know that...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Ashton's Avatar
Ashton
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 114
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
Well let's just hope his parents don't know that...
My dad smokes with me, so he would be down with smoking. lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:59 AM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

hahah well then there you go! Problem solved!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
iMaD's Avatar
iMaD
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Outside Chicago
Posts: 560
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

This Illinois law banning hookahs from restaurants really sucks and put a damper on one our favorite night outs. There is place in chicago called Alhambra, an awsome nightclub that we used to hangout on the weekend. Excelent food and bellydancers but without being able to smoke a nice flavored shisha after a nice dinner is kind of a bummer. We stopped going and so did many people and the place is half empty on the weekends. Anyway, if you happen to be in the city check this place out. It is awsome. http://www.alhambrapalacerestaurant.com/
Here is a couple of pics:
Attached Thumbnails
alhambra01.jpg   alhambra06.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Tweaked1409's Avatar
Tweaked1409
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Tweaked1409
Default Re: Hookah Lounges in Chicago

Samah hookah lounge is really cool and relaxed. I went there not too long ago and It is by reservation and you get a room depending on your party size. You either sit on pillows in a nice curtained section or in the couch are. You should definitely try it out. They have a large variety of flavors and shisha to choose from too.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hookah Lounges in WI? Ashton Hookah Discussion 4 December 27th, 2009 05:04 PM
Hookah Lounges in NYC Lu1gi Hookah Discussion 5 April 3rd, 2009 03:43 PM
Hookah Lounges HookahGuru Comments & Suggestions 3 November 28th, 2008 06:54 PM
hookah lounges knivesreturns Hookah Discussion 12 July 9th, 2008 01:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.