Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cigarette breaks?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM
NickSalemi
Hookah Newbie

Default Cigarette breaks?

My group of friends that I normally smoke with are all cigarette smokers, including myself, but when I am smoking hookah, I don't have much of a desire to smoke a cigarette. My friends on the other hand take cigarette breaks during the session! Anyone else like this?
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Ashton
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Cigarette breaks?

Nope. We never take cigarette breaks!
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

When I used to smoke, hookah never satisfied a cigarette craving. I'd smoke hookah, finish the session and light a cigarette a couple of minutes later.

But then again, I wasn't addicted to the Nicotine, I was addicted to the feeling of inhaling the smoke into your lungs when smoking cigarettes.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
When I used to smoke, hookah never satisfied a cigarette craving. I'd smoke hookah, finish the session and light a cigarette a couple of minutes later.

But then again, I wasn't addicted to the Nicotine, I was addicted to the feeling of inhaling the smoke into your lungs when smoking cigarettes.
Same here. Glad I quit though.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
Same here. Glad I quit though.
Same here.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

I'll turn 30 soon and I'm thinking about taking up cigarette smoking even though no one else in my family smokes cigs anymore (they died), but I probably will refrain from cigs while smoking hookah and light up afterwards
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Got a few friends that do it, i've wanted a cigarette while smoking hookah before. It's one or the other though, the hookah passes you if you're smoking a cig.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I would advise you against cigarettes. STRONGLY.

Depending on your personality and will power, it will be almost impossible to quit after a while.
I was lucky since I don't have an addictive personality and my girlfriend was a motivational factor in quitting. I smoked my last cigarette one night and ever since the next day, I haven't smoked a cigarette since. That was almost 3 years ago and I had been smoking for 6 years. I had no kind of withdrawal symptoms, I only kept thinking "Man, it would be nice to have a cigarette right now". But I didn't NEED to have one...

Most of my friends still smoke to this day and a lot of them have tried quitting but just can't.
And unless you're already married or otherwise taken, cigarettes are a turnoff with the girls 90% of the time....
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

All my friends that smoke do that. I dont get it i would rather have good flavor the ash.
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
forecastle
Hookah Pro

back when I was a cigarette smoker I used to light up right after smoking a hookah. Most people look at smoke as nothing more than that, just smoke. Dosent matter how you get it as long as you get it. However shisha while it does have additives, does have nearly the chemicals that cigarettes have. All of which are streamlined to do nothing but keep you smoking over and over. Comparing the tobacco of cigars, pipes, hookahs to that of cigarettes is like comparing a lean beef gourmet dinner to a fat burger from mcdonalds. the argument could be made that all red meat is bad for you... But most everyone would agree that overprocessed fat filled beef is horrible for you.
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

When I used to smoke cigarettes I would smoke while the coals were lighting up and then after I'd put them out but I didn't smoke them during a session. Although a lot of my friends would smoke their cigarettes and then take a drag or two from my hookah since it was at the designated smoking pavilion at college.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:15 PM
6StringShredder
Hookah Nut

I sometimes take a cig break durring a session.. Usualy i just wait till the bowl is out tho
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
I had no kind of withdrawal symptoms, I only kept thinking "Man, it would be nice to have a cigarette right now". But I didn't NEED to have one...
Quite Fucking True!
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Green_Hookah
Hookah Nut

if i smoking with friends i will usually light up a cig and pass it around. Taking a hookah draw and finishing off with a cigarette drag is sooo satisfing!
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Guido
Hookah Nut

When I use to smoke cigs I smoked one right after. Now I just smoke nakhla to get my nicotine fix.
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Some of my friends don't really need to take a cig break when we smoke hookah but thats when we smoke Nakhla, but for SB they always take breaks.
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

I never smoke a cig during a shish session, but admit I have lit up a cig afterwards. I just wonder if cigarette smoking kills the taste buds and reduces the taste of shisha? Some reviewers of shisha have a very keen sense of flavor description... I wonder if they also smoke cigs, or just shisha?
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
forecastle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
I never smoke a cig during a shish session, but admit I have lit up a cig afterwards. I just wonder if cigarette smoking kills the taste buds and reduces the taste of shisha? Some reviewers of shisha have a very keen sense of flavor description... I wonder if they also smoke cigs, or just shisha?
Cigarette smoke is thought to reduce both taste and smell. You will hear from alot of people that when they quit the coffin nails they can both taste and smell alot better (I know that this was true for me). So your statement could be completely valid
Though i'm sure alot of hookah smokers on these forums who do reviews smoke cgarettes as well
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook