Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Community Pride

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Community Pride

I'm a member of a lot of online forums for all kinds of different things. I just wanted to take a minute to commend this community in particular. Of all the boards I belong to, this is the only one with such a rich sense of community pride and camaraderie. For the most part, this community is patient and respectful (something most others lack) as well as extremely informative and helpful.

The 'Elite' status is especially telling. Near as I can tell, there are no functional perks or incentives to becoming an elite, yet many have donated and become elites anyway; simply to help improve and support the community they love.

In a world that provides us a digital smoke screen to let us do any say whatever rude, immature and disrespectful things we may be thinking or feeling about other people, HookahPro rises above that and functions, in many ways, like a real-life community that helps and cares for one another.

So, I just wanted to say kudos to HookahPro and its members for helping to make a really enjoyable place to interact online. Kudos especially to Sam and the mods for not abusing their position simply because they can, but rather engaging like everyone else, helping and being helped daily.

Very cool. I feel privileged to be a member here.

That is all.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Community Pride

Yeah, I have tried other forums and things, but when it comes down to disagreements it seems like it explodes into slamming each other with creative, but vulgar insults. I think part of what makes this a great community is that most people who smoke hookah have a fairly laid back personality, but like you said i think a big thing is that the Mods/Samb actively participate in the forums and they try to fairly and quickly diffuse problems so it doesn't take away from the community.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

Well said bpetruzzo!
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Very nice of you guys to say. I decided on making Hookah Pro my home site for everything hookah after a short comparison. The members of this community are much more helpful and friendly than those I found elsewhere. I was honored when I was asked to be a Moderator. Being a Moderator is not a thankless job. Sometimes members make a thoughtful post like this that make dealing with a few rulebreakers seem not so bad. LOL
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

It really is nice to hear such compliments. I have been to other forums and none compare to Hookah Pro. I was very honored to have been asked to become a Moderator and let me tell you its a lot of responsiblity!
Sometimes people might not understand at first why things are done and they get upset and question our actions but eventually its shown that its done for the benefit of the community. Praise such as this really does make our work worthwhile! But dont forget, you all deserve as much praise too, you are Hookah Pro, and WE are the BEST Hookah community out there!

Old March 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
nerfherder
Hookah Newbie

I totally agree. My wife is a member of another forum. When she saw I did an intro post in the Introduction area she laughed. She said on her boards a person posted an intro, just an intro and got banned for it,because the main members are so jaded they think their lame.

I also wanna give a big kudos to their being no grammar Nazis. My writing skills are poor and has kept me from posting to their boards. I really appreciate that I am not being corrected after every post.
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
In a world that provides us a digital smoke screen to let us do any say whatever rude, immature and disrespectful things we may be thinking or feeling about other people, HookahPro rises above that and functions, in many ways, like a real-life community that helps and cares for one another.
I think I am going to throw up. That was too much brown nosing in too many words.

I come here for the vile comments, outright honest commentary whether good or bad, and general asshattery that makes HP fun.

/end sarcasm

Last edited by DRMALIKIA; March 11th, 2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: I do hope you know I am kidding, lol.
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
It really is nice to hear such compliments. I have been to other forums and none compare to Hookah Pro. I was very honored to have been asked to become a Moderator and let me tell you its a lot of responsiblity!
Sometimes people might not understand at first why things are done and they get upset and question our actions but eventually its shown that its done for the benefit of the community. Praise such as this really does make our work worthwhile! But dont forget, you all deserve as much praise too, you are Hookah Pro, and WE are the BEST Hookah community out there!

You and Kalutika(sp?) are doing a damn good job at it! I raise my hose to you and all the other mods and Sam tonight. Cheers!
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:09 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

CHeers guys. It's good to know that what we do here is appreciated. We appreciate all of you! You guys are what makes hookahpro, HOOKAHPRO! The mods and admin here are very proud of you guys and what you have helped us create.

Thank you guys! You're awesome!
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeahhh.. i even come on here to chat, i dont even chat with my friend on the computer anymore, im always on here
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:57 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Hookah Pro your Home away from Home says it all
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

This forum is the only reason I turn a computer on , well that and to get my hookah stuff. But thanks to hookahpro and their great advice I get it from the best people on the best sites. Becoming an elite was a no-brainer, you guys rock!
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
roe3210
Hookah Newbie

Well really its a reflection of how calm and peaceful the hookah community is as a whole. Honestly, why join a forum for the mere point of connecting with others if you're gonna be disrespectful. I don't know any of you personally but i would be happy to share my hookah with you and have a chat. When you find a place full of people that you fit in with, there's no reason to be rude. no matter our hobbies, interests, occupations we all have thing in common, and it holds us together. I'm very proud to be apart of this community :]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook