Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Acclimating in NJ

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Acclimating in NJ

Well I decided to finally buy some noir tangiers new lime. This being my first time trying to acclimate the shisha I knew it was going to be bad.... but I didnt think this bad.

I have been acclimating for almost 2 fruckinngggg days! How long does it usually take for you tangiers smokers in New Jersey?

As soon as I got the shisha I put it in a long tupperware, I spread it evenly and every hour I gave it a stir and respread it. I did that for about 5 hrs and I still got the bbq smell. Then I just left it over night since I was going to bed. Check in the morning and still a bbq smell. Still till this very hour it got a bbq smell.

EPIC FAIL!!!
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Green_Hookah
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Acclimating in NJ

You may have gotten one of those legendary bad batches. I just ordered a good batch and it worked for me even though im in a dry climate. I think the best way to acclimate is to lay it out on some tin foil so that it is all spread evenly. Not sure what else you can do........
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Einherjer
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
Well I decided to finally buy some noir tangiers new lime. This being my first time trying to acclimate the shisha I knew it was going to be bad.... but I didnt think this bad.

I have been acclimating for almost 2 fruckinngggg days! How long does it usually take for you tangiers smokers in New Jersey?

As soon as I got the shisha I put it in a long tupperware, I spread it evenly and every hour I gave it a stir and respread it. I did that for about 5 hrs and I still got the bbq smell. Then I just left it over night since I was going to bed. Check in the morning and still a bbq smell. Still till this very hour it got a bbq smell.

EPIC FAIL!!!
Man I live in Tennessee, and it started raining this week, and I have had this Tangiers Horchata open for close to 4 days. I'm about to give up and smoke this oatmeal bbq shisha.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:57 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

I say just try some and smoke it. I had some and I smoked it even though it smelled like BBQ sauce, tasted fine to me.
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:59 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

yea.. same happened to me.. tangiers = pure fail.. tried acclimating for like 2 or 3 days.. nothing.. so to the trash it went lol...

some batches refuse to acclimate.. its retarded that you buy something and you have to wait for the tobacco to be ready for you to smoke it.. it's like paying a hooker and she refuses to do her job until she is nice and purdy LOL

ewwwwww
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:47 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

honestly the only reason I bought the noir line was because I wanted to buy a different flavor. The noir line has such a wider selection of flavors compared to the lucid.

Does anyone know if there will be new lucid flavors comming? Or at least will some of the noir flavors also be produced in lucid... Eric is kindof a jerk for doing this. lol
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Nj has been a monsune the last few days
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

lol MH

Yeah dude good luck acclimating, I don't know if it's the humidity on the east coast during the summer or it being damp in the spring or fall, but I've had the same experience with alot of tangiers flavors, only a few have come through for me.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
yea.. same happened to me.. tangiers = pure fail.. tried acclimating for like 2 or 3 days.. nothing.. so to the trash it went lol...

some batches refuse to acclimate.. its retarded that you buy something and you have to wait for the tobacco to be ready for you to smoke it.. it's like paying a hooker and she refuses to do her job until she is nice and purdy LOL

ewwwwww
Funniest thing I read all day, Mad!

Send KingBoyB a message, he knows everything there is to know about Tangiers!
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:18 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

what flavor? because ive had blue gumball twice and it smelled weird always and smokes fine.
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:23 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

The flavor is New Lime. I had blue gumball before in the lucid and it did have a weird smell also.

I am just going to take mykas advice on this and just load it up and smoke. We'll see what happends. lol
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:44 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Quote:
The flavor is New Lime. I had blue gumball before in the lucid and it did have a weird smell also.

I am just going to take mykas advice on this and just load it up and smoke. We'll see what happends. lol
Haha, let me know how it goes. If it doesn't taste good just empty the bowl and let it sit out again. It's not like tangiers burns easily and you won't be wasting any tobacco.
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:

my new lime was kind of greasy and i didnt even acclimate it and it worked fine. i mostly go by look if it isnt runny and the juices arent running off the tobacco you should be fine
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post

ewwwwww
I lmaoed at the last part of this. I wouldn't think of cracking open a bag of Tangiers today, cool, damp, and raining.
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

I don't understand why they sell a product that isnt ready yet... Maybe its just me?
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:45 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheezanator View Post
I don't understand why they sell a product that isnt ready yet... Maybe its just me?
Well the products ready, it's just how it's made. You have to let it get used to your climate (humidity) before you smoke it. I guess it's kind of like a cigar in a way?
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
Well the products ready, it's just how it's made. You have to let it get used to your climate (humidity) before you smoke it. I guess it's kind of like a cigar in a way?
Ehhh, not really, a cigar has to be kept in humidity close to it's home climate. No acclimation there, it just needs to be kept wet.
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
That seems silly to me, lol. But I have no intention of ordering Tangiers anyway.
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:50 PM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Try keeping it uncovered stirring it every 1/2 hour and keeping it covered 20 hours and then 4 hours open stirring it again every half hour. Someone told me this and I'm on long Island so we are the same climate and it's humid now so try this. I didn't think it would work but it did and in 3 days it was perfect but even when I take it out now I stir it and I smell something off but I let it sit for up to an hour after stirring uncovered then I smoke off the top and it's been excellent. Maybe I was lucky and if this doesn't soud right then don't try it but it did work for me.
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:32 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

nj almost went into state of emergency due to the weather. i was out of power for over 12 hours and evacuated to the high school. anyway to acclimate it, spread the motherfu--r out on a piece of aluminum foil. spread it out so each tobacco has its own section on the foil and not ontop of each other like in the Tupperware.

let it sit @ room temperature between 67-72. I keep mine in the basement to acclimate.
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:50 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheezanator View Post
ya its also bull shit that they sell cars that need regular maintenance and gas and food that i have to cook. like what the hell
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
ya its also bull shit that they sell cars that need regular maintenance and gas and food that i have to cook. like what the hell
lol all i have to say is awesome and i love tangiers its worth the wait and the learning
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Local Tangiers Fanatic checking in !

First question, what flavor did you order ?

Second, if its been acclimating for more than 2-3 hours, just put it back in the container, never needs to sit out that long.

Just remember when you smoke it to pack tangiers heavier than you would other tobaccos, and use less heat.

What kind of coals do you use ?
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
Local Tangiers Fanatic checking in !

First question, what flavor did you order ?

Second, if its been acclimating for more than 2-3 hours, just put it back in the container, never needs to sit out that long.

Just remember when you smoke it to pack tangiers heavier than you would other tobaccos, and use less heat.

What kind of coals do you use ?
I got Tangiers New Lime.

It has been acclimating for like 3 days now LOL It still reeks of bbq.

I had one session with it and it was horrible. I know how to pack it because I have been smoking the lucid version and I have had no problems with that.

I use coconaras.

It is raining like crazy over here. I now have it spread on a big a$$ piece of foil, hopefully this will work out.
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

i forgot to add that I acclimate mine for 8 hours and it does the trick.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook