Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah problem

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
jmz
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah problem

I purchased a Cyclone something-or-other from SaharaSmoke a while ago and I've been having a problem that has been getting worse and worse lately. The hose port has fused to the stem for one, so it's very hard to address this problem... any ideas on how to get these two apart would be great. I haven't tried much on that front so maybe it just needs some hot water and hard lovin', heh...

Anyways, the big thing is the ball bearing in the hose port. Taking huge hauls on this hookah is alright for the most part but if you have someone with baby lungs or that doesn't inhale hard enough the ball bearing will get stuck almost everytime.

Had a few friends over last night and we got to talking about what it could be and possible fixes. One asked if the ball bearing was once grooved with a spiral design or something so that it wouldn't stick and I'm not really sure. I did have the ball bearing rigged with some tin foil for a while but I'm looking for a more permanent fix.

I think the first problem might solve the second as it may just need a real good cleaning, but I remember this problem being around long before the hose port stuck.

I'm damn near ready to give up on this friggin' thing and get a KM from **********. I've only ever heard great things.

Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
whordehey
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hookah problem

You could try replacing the purge BB with a plastic airsoft one. Clean the BB everytime you clean your hookah....which should be fairly often.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Colter
Hookah Newbie

for the cleaning i have a friend with a SS hookah and he took a torch to it and boiled it and it cleaned it very well and if you get a KM you will be very happy with it
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:57 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

I had a similar problem with a purge valve... I pulled the BB out and used a pair of pliers to scrub it against a green *** scrubby pad. Then i used the same green scrubby pad and a retractable pen body to scrub inside the fitting where the ball bearing would sit. And in your case I would clean inside the hose adapter where the ball would get "sucked up" into.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
NickSalemi
Hookah Newbie

Forget the ss and get a km... At any expense lol. I have an ss, and I thought it was worth it until I got my first km... Now it just collects dust
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

the purge ball does not get sucked up into the purge cap only Auto seal type ports has a bearing that must be lifted with lung power when smoking. how many hoses does your hookah take and does it have autoseal.
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz View Post
<snip> Anyways, the big thing is the ball bearing in the hose port. Taking huge hauls on this hookah is alright for the most part but if you have someone with baby lungs or that doesn't inhale hard enough the ball bearing will get stuck almost everytime. <snip>
Yep... auto sealing hose ports!
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:44 PM
jmz
Hookah Newbie

It's not the purge that sticks, guys.
It's the ball bearing in the hose port. The removal is a problem because it has a small metal rod that goes across the hose port to keep the ball bearing in place (in the lower portion of the port).
Is this ball bearing even necessary? Do I need it to autoseal since it's only a single hose hookah? I don't want to snip it and then find it doesn't smoke.

I was reading about the airsoft bb fix but don't think I can apply it here in this case with much luck since the ball bearing does not come free from the hose port.

@Colter: How did your friend torch it? And did he have a similar problem with the hose port threading fusing in place or is this just a general suggestion for these garbage SS pieces?
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:21 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Autoseal is useless on a single hose pipe, the ssc only puts it on because their mod stems are expandable to 4 hoses, if you'll only be using one hose take the bb out, it'll smoke better.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:25 AM
jmz
Hookah Newbie

That's strange.
I'll do that this weekend unless I get any other suggestions/comments on the contrary.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook