Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My New Stove

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 30th, 2008, 01:32 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default My New Stove

Well I am moving into my new apartment and the stove is one of those electric stoves minus the coils. It has like a glass flat top and it shows where to put the pans and such. Will take away from coal lighting abilities? Will I have to buy a coal lighter? I would appreciate if anyone can disperse their knowledge all over this topic .
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:38 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: My New Stove

I know you can light your coals inside a cheap frying pan, but I would caution against directly on the glass stove top. There has been another similar discussion about this type of stove. Most of the "newer" types should be able to handle the heat, I've heard the older ones may be iffy and shatter.

A cheap coil stove is only like $10-12, portable and easier to clean. Well worth the small amount (and will pay back) you put into it.

If you use QL's, a cheap 3 torch lighter will do - naturals, you'll need a stove top/propane torch (Benzo).
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

lol, it's funny you ask this. I just finished making a thread on this a couple of weeks ago because I was in your same position. Go to your local walmart or CVS and by a portable stove. I bought one at Navarro for $12 and it works perfect. It's small, lightweight, and effecient at what it does. You can also look online for some different variety.
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Doh, I should have searched around the forums a little to an answer to this problem. Ill head over to walmart later today! Thank everyone for your help .
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Go to the camping section of Wal Mart and get a little stove....Works perfectly.
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
I know you can light your coals inside a cheap frying pan, but I would caution against directly on the glass stove top. There has been another similar discussion about this type of stove. Most of the "newer" types should be able to handle the heat, I've heard the older ones may be iffy and shatter.

A cheap coil stove is only like $10-12, portable and easier to clean. Well worth the small amount (and will pay back) you put into it.

If you use QL's, a cheap 3 torch lighter will do - naturals, you'll need a stove top/propane torch (Benzo).
Normally I would just use some quicklights but I want to try the Coco Nara Coals you did that review on. In that case I would need a coil stove . Should I go with an electric one or a butane one?
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast
Normally I would just use some quicklights but I want to try the Coco Nara Coals you did that review on. In that case I would need a coil stove . Should I go with an electric one or a butane one?
If you have an outlet near by, get an electric. With butane, you're gonna have to keep on refilling it ever so often. Which would be a pain, because it's more money in the long run, and you have to go out any buy the butane. Just get electric, it's much easier...
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

The cost would be debatable. With electric, the cost gets hidden in your electric bill.

My $12 Coleman stove uses three dollar gas bottles. Even with daily use, one bottle lasts me almost a month.

Old January 30th, 2008, 03:02 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
electric would be cheaper and all you need is an outlet - unless you do alot of camping and such not
Old January 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Not too sure, but I've been hearing lots of bad things about coals and glass tops. I've heard the glass has cracked or something, but don't quote me on that :P All I know for sure is that its gonna mess up your stop top permanently if it gets too hot :\
Old January 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Quote:
electric would be cheaper and all you need is an outlet - unless you do alot of camping and such not
Yeh I like to go camping my house is in the foothills of these mountains and I take the Toyota up into the mountains and camp out so, that being said, I might go for a butane one .
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

order some tobacco and get it from mahir instead, a little more but what walmart carrys hookah tobacco.
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Funny you should mention that because I wanted to try some HH Hazelnut because you talk of it like it is ohhhh so awesome :P. Kidding I guess we will see what happens when I move!
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker
The cost would be debatable. With electric, the cost gets hidden in your electric bill.

My $12 Coleman stove uses three dollar gas bottles. Even with daily use, one bottle lasts me almost a month.
You would still waste more money on the butane one, for the simple reason, that you have to go out (to a store) and waste gas in order to get a bottle. The waste of gas combined with the price of the bottles wil undoubtely be more than if you just plug it in for 2 or 3 minutes to an outlet. Besides that, I just find it much more easier and convenient to stay at home and just plug it in. If I had to go out of my way ever so often to go buy refill bottles, I think I'd just use quicklights instead...
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

There are electric coil portable ovens that go for pretty cheap, better then the gas ones. Also the consumption of electricity is very slight. Maybe a few bucks extra if that.
I wouldn't use the glass top if I were you, especially if it is an apartment; don't want the coal ruining the glass some how and it come out of your pocket.

/root
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Yeh, there is no way I am going to risk it on the glass top stove. For one, the stove looks really pretty and I don't want to mess it up. Two, I want my deposit back if I decide to move out . As for three, I can stay in my room and light coals .
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:11 PM
hookah_connoisseur
Hookah Newbie

I have one and I light coals on it but it does take longer to light that on one of the coil stoves....
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:15 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Yeah, dude I think shelling out almost a grand for a oven because you want to smoke is a little retarded. So yeah portable cheapy is the best bet. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookah_connoisseur
I have one and I light coals on it but it does take longer to light that on one of the coil stoves....
Yeah but the cans of gas add up, and the electrity consumption is far less then what you pay for a can. I dunno, it might be different in the US, just cans of compressed gas get pricey.

/root
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Yeah go buy one a camping stove or something like that from kmart or walmart....should work like a pro...lol
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:20 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I found a coil stove in my garage.
lol
if you have any korean supermarkets nearby, you should try and go there because they have portable butane stoves at nice prices
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:04 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
order some tobacco and get it from mahir instead, a little more but what walmart carrys hookah tobacco.
exactly. mahir from nazar hookah is selling a premium single coil stove that you plug in. boomhauer brought his over to my house and i fell in love with it. i have my own coming to me in the mail (maybe here today or tomorrow).

dont bother buying a butane stove or going to wal mart or whatever. just go to nazarhookah.com and buy the stove on there, you wont be disappointed. and if youre worrying about not getting your package for a while, dont worry because mahir tends to be VERY fast with sending out packages.
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Nah im not worried about that. I live closer to Mahir than yall do
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:36 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
even better. im hoping mine will be here today when i get home, or tomorrow. my dad will probably kill me if he finds out i have a stove in my room heh. ill probably have to hide mine or something.
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
Quote:
even better. im hoping mine will be here today when i get home, or tomorrow. my dad will probably kill me if he finds out i have a stove in my room heh. ill probably have to hide mine or something.
Awe hiding stuff from parents sucks lol...cant they just be chill about stuff :P
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM
antouwan
Hookah Newbie

i've heard that the glass top will get damaged. I used to use a camping stove with the propane tanks to light my coals, i used that for a couple years but now i use a portable coil stove and I'm not going back, it lights naturals and my precious coco naras very quickly and efficently...that's what i would recommend
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook