Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

If your going to Chicago you need to try these places out

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Tweaked1409
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tweaked1409
Default If your going to Chicago you need to try these places out

I had spring break last week so me and a couple of my friends decided to take a trip to Chicago. We got there and decided to look up some hookah stores in the area. We found a pretty good hookah store that I am very glad we found. The place was Guess hookah and it was lined with shisha and coals and had amazing prices. They had a huge selection of romman, starbuzz, tangiers, layalina, nakhla, and al fakher, fantasia, and two other brand that I was not sure about. The good part about them was 250 nakhla mizo was only $8, 250 starbuzz was 18.99,250 Romman was 17.99, 250 al fakher and layalina was 10.99. The guy was friendly and nice seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I bought about $80 dollars worth of stuff and got quite a bit. They have an online site that has the same prices, but they do not sell tangiers or Romman online. So the trip is well worth it. I also went to a very cool hookah bar. I am from the suburbs of Indianapolis and there are only a few hookah bars near me and they are not all that great. So we just randomly picked one from google to visit and I am glad that we did. It was called Samah and you have to make reservations. The set up is really cool and alright pricing. You get to go into these private rooms where you can adjust the curtains. There are pillows lining the floor and it is really chill. The smoke session was descent and I finally got to try tangiers schnozzberry. They also have an extensive menu around 80 flavors and different brands. I recommend anyone try these two places out if you go to Chicago. If you guys have any other experiences it would be cool to hear about them so I can start planning my next trip there.
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:22 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: If your going to Chicago you need to try these places out

Sounds like an awesome trip dude, congrats on the great buy and having an awesome smoke sesh. What was the name of the website you were talking about. I wanna pick up some new stuff.

Thanks
-AP
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Yeah I go to CHI twice a year and i really hope I can check this place out. It would be great to have a good store and bar thats even relatively close.
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Tweaked1409
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpeterson68 View Post
Sounds like an awesome trip dude, congrats on the great buy and having an awesome smoke sesh. What was the name of the website you were talking about. I wanna pick up some new stuff.

Thanks
-AP
Yeah its a pretty good deal. The hookah bar was just so cool compared to everything here in Indy. By the way the site was guesshookah.com. They charge 7 dollars for shipping on every order and free after 100.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Much better stores, not too far from Guess, and much cheaper. Cleopatra on Keddzie and Wilson, Arabica, AlKhayyam are about a block or so north. Prices vary a little between the stores but they average the following: AlFakher, layalina, havana== 7.99, SB=15.99, Nakhla= 4.99-5.99, Mizo==6.99, Fusion, Golden Layalina=$12.99, BlackSnow 360 ==$10 and much more. ALso, Cleopetra has nice selection of Hookahs (including KM) for dirt cheap prices and the guy lets you mix and match vases/hoses....Arabica which is a HUGE hookah store has hundreds of shiny hookahs and every brand of shisha at very good prices ( you can always bargain for a discount if buying multiple items).
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:11 AM
VanMeets
Hookah Newbie

Im going friday for a tattoo appt and will be heading there after hopefully!
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:15 AM
ataneja
Hookah Newbie

Agreed on Cleopatra. Have mentioned before on this forum, but I got my KM (see link below) for $55 out the door. Very solid prices on everything there. Guess is still a good store, but Cleopatra is just amazing.

http://www.**********.com/Khalil-Mam...Inch-15012.htm
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataneja View Post
Agreed on Cleopatra. Have mentioned before on this forum, but I got my KM (see link below) for $55 out the door. Very solid prices on everything there. Guess is still a good store, but Cleopatra is just amazing.

I know. These stores are great they reflect the REAL prices for these products vs. online vendors which are way overpriced in my opinion. They inflate the prices on everything so much when in fact should be lower. Here is my latest purchase, a 32" solid brass heavy Syrian from Arabica next door to Cleo for $60 out of the door. I was even able to pick a nicer hose and bigger bowl.
Attached Thumbnails
hookah1.jpg  
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaD View Post
I know. These stores are great they reflect the REAL prices for these products vs. online vendors which are way overpriced in my opinion. They inflate the prices on everything so much when in fact should be lower. Here is my latest purchase, a 32" solid brass heavy Syrian from Arabica next door to Cleo for $60 out of the door. I was even able to pick a nicer hose and bigger bowl.
That is beautiful. Nice buy.
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Tweaked1409
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataneja View Post

Wow that hookah is great I will definitly have to go check this place out. I only chose Guess hookah because it was close to where we were eating at. But thanks for the suggestions I am really looking forward to getting some good prices at these places. In Indy I pay a price inflated about 25% or more for my purchase. Starbuzz is around 26 and layalina is 17 and nakhla is 10.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook