Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ordering shisha to my dorm

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM
montgoej
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to montgoej Send a message via MSN to montgoej Send a message via Yahoo to montgoej Send a message via Skype™ to montgoej
Default Ordering shisha to my dorm

My campus(University of Kentucky) has a smoking/tobacco ban. The smoking ban, as far as cigarettes, cigars, etc. are concerned is rarely ever upheld by the campus police and things, however the dorm staff(or at least a few select people in my dorm) do uphold it, to the effect that people have been written up just for being seen with cigarettes. What vendors do you know of that have very discrete shipping on their shisha? Any mention of smoking/tobacco on the package _might_ get it intercepted by my dorm and me written up

I don't go home often enough to simply order it to my house as I did with my hookah(spring break) but I also don't have anywhere else to order it to so far in Lexington. There are a few local head shops and a hookah lounge that sell shisha, but some are quite expensive and I'm really wanting to try some of the rarer brands like DM. It really sucks that my university wants to be this strict. Anyone else in this situation or have experience with it?
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:30 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Ordering shisha to my dorm

Order it, they can't claim a package, and they won't inspect it. Do you have any friends living off campus? Get it shipped to their house if they don't mind.
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

Wow I'm sorry to hear this. Simply ask the vendor in an email or in a note attached to your order and explain your situation. I'm sure that they would help you meet your needs. Do you possibly have a friend or fellow employee that you could send it to their house?
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:59 PM
montgoej
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to montgoej Send a message via MSN to montgoej Send a message via Yahoo to montgoej Send a message via Skype™ to montgoej

Hmm.. I may email one of the DM vendors and see if they can discretely ship it. For the price and how good I've heard it is, I definitely can't pass it up on a college student budget.
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Dude it can't be against school rules to be in possession of tobacco order it and you should be fine.
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:34 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Right on manjaco! I believe the bans at school and work cover actively smoking something. I would believe it to be against your civil liberties for them to write you up for just having something, and especially opening or confiscating a package! The ACLU would be all over them for those tricks!
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
roe3210
Hookah Newbie

Damn idk bro. i just ordered some from socialsmoke. when i get my order i'll let you know if its descreet enough for a campus.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:04 AM
montgoej
Hookah Nut

@manjaco
Nah, it's against school rules to be in possession, even though its a university where pretty much everyone can legally possess and use tobacco.
@thomas_j_smith
That's definitely an idea. I dunno if anyone has ever challenged them for citing people for possession but I personally know people who have been in trouble for being seen with an unlit cigarette.
@roe3210
Definitely let me know. Hopefully it's discrete enough, they seem like a solid vendor.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:12 AM
RedbullZ
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RedbullZ

My orders from Hookahhookah are a plain brown box with no markings other then the shipping label. Just ship it to the local UPS or FedEx store and go pick it up.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

I would do what was suggested, ask the vendor to label/not label the package. If anything label it as potpourri lol since it'll smell like something fruity. heh
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Montgeoj first off i got an order from hookah john yesterday and it was sent from his name not hookah john so it just looked like a personal package. But about the tobacco thing CAN'T be legal to write someone up for having a cig. Do people get written up for chew? And even if you do get caught which I doubt you will I bet you'd have a lot of room to argue to get them to withdraw your fine.