Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problems with SarahSmoke.com from Georgia

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Thumbs down Problems with SarahSmoke.com from Georgia

I would just like to share with everyone how I was screwed by this website and to save other people from wasting money with them. I have been smoking hookah for a few years now, and have figured out that you get what you pay for. So I spent 200 plus dollars on Sarahsmoke.com's website and bought all the extra accessories, a nice big 30 plus inch hookah from them. This company sent me a hookah where the base did not fit the stem. The base was not the same one in the picture online. The stem had a leakage in it, and the valves leaked to. They talked up this vortex hookah bowl on their website, so I bought that to, HORRIBLE. I called numerous times to complain to them spoke with management and everything. They said they could not refund it because I had already smoked out of it, so after 4 or 5 phone calls arguing with them, they decided that they would give me a 10% coupon on shisha to make up for my loss of 200 DOLLARS! Please do not use this site. F Saraha Smoke.

Trying to save some people money, use hookah-shisha.com
Justin

Last edited by Jhawks240; May 30th, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Problems with SarahSmoke.com from Georgia

Interesting first post. Welcome to Hookahpro.
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

Do you mean Sahara Smoke??
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:22 PM
shredxcam
Hookah Newbie

i smell ban stick
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
caveman
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to caveman

I know how you feel I have a SS and it is rusting out and has all kind of air leaks. SS do make real shity hookahs.
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:32 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I'm sorry that you feel that way about your purchase but I do have to say that if you didn't like the base and you didn't like how it fit, and had issues, you should NOT have smoked out of it. People have to realize these hookah stores are NOT walmart and they will not return your money when you have used the rig...... a simple rule of thumb for everyone here is this: *IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR NEW HOOKAH PLEASE CONTACT THE SELLER FIRST, AND DO NOT SMOKE OUT OF IT*

I've always had great customer service from Jonathan and the rest of Sahara Smoke. Sorry that you did not Also... welcome to the forum...
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Is it customary to test for leaks before smoking? How would you do that?
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

put water in the base put the stem in the base and then put your hose in the hose port. Plug the top up the stem with the palm of your hand then take a pull.
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

And that doesn't violate the smoking thing? Vendors should make a list of things to do before smoking in your hookah to check.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:36 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

No no smoke will go through the hookah all your doing is putting the downstem in water which they'll never know you did.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:05 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

When you got the hookah and realized that the base didn't fit the stem (a grommet problem maybe?) and that the base was not the one you thought you were getting why didn't you contact the guys at Sahara Smoke immediately? If I understand you correctly it seems like regardless of the problems, you went and smoked with it anyway?

P.S. Please don't insult the Vortex bowl. If you've been smoking Hookah for several years then I assume you've been using a standard egyptian bowl? The Vortex is a different animal and requires a bit of practice and the right packing method before awesomeness prevails!
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:35 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I was always satisfied with the service of sahara smoke and I really liked their customers service, but i can understand your worry. if there is something wrong with the hookah, they have to change it, no matter if already used. thats at least for europe, dont know about the american laws, but i think they should change it anyway.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:33 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Don't worry guys... I went to this "SarahSmoke.com" and you know what... "Server Not Found"! Capitalism wins again! Apparently so many people had similar experiences that this company went out of business. Such a happy ending to a sad story.

But now in all seriousness... I have a vortex bowl, as well as a Phunnel, and a Crown Jewel... the vortex has been my go-to bowl for a long time before the crown jewel came along. I find this bowl to be amazing but I will admit it takes some practice... may be going to the video section (http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video.php) and searching for some of the packing videos might help you perfect smoking out of it? Now there have been situations documented on here where the holes in the spire are occluded with glaze or not properly punched out. This is a manufacturing defect and should be dealt with as such. (Send pictures, they send a replacement) But, other than that specific situation, remember, this is not Math or Science... things don't exactly work the same way each time for each person.

For vase, if I had ordered a hookah and gotten a different vase than what I was expecting I would have, as I was unpacking the box, been calling/e-mailing the company about the issue. I can understand SaharaSmoke's stance on this one. Its not something that would have taken Inspector Clouseau (Google Him) to figure out from the get go.

As for the stem... this gets a bit tricky in my opinion.

The Gasket fitment may be a function of the wrong base, it may be a function of a bad/wrong grommet. I know I have a KM I got in Chicago and its well documented that the gaskets can be WAY tight. This should have been a simple fix of sanding the grommet or getting a new one. But this may have gotten lost in your overall displeasure in the situation.

The leaks are something that make me really uncomfortable either way. I am not sure if I would have thought to Leak Test my new hookah either as I would expect a new hookah not to leak. If it is an actual leak in the stem (where parts are soldered or screwed together) I would expect the company to be more understanding. That would be like a car company expecting you to notice a transmission or brake noise with out driving off the lot.

But in the end, the fact that you are saying every part of your order was a complete and total *FAIL* puts me a bit on the hesitant edge. I just don't know how an order could have absolutely everything wrong with it. I am not doubting it can happen, but I would assume they are rare.

I wish you luck with your situation and I hope that your posts #2 and #3 can be a bit more of a pleasant experience for you here on HookahPro.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:42 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Don't worry guys... I went to this "SarahSmoke.com" and you know what... "Server Not Found"! Capitalism wins again! Apparently so many people had similar experiences that this company went out of business. Such a happy ending to a sad story.
Huh? The site is just fine dude.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:45 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Sarah smoke is not a real site, sahara smoke on the other hand.. is legitimate.
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

How is it you lost $200? I would assume you have $200 worth of products you arent happy with, but you didnt LOSE it. Always Always call the company first if there is a problem. You never should have smoked out of it if it wasnt right, and I assume you knew it wasnt right immediately upon unpackaging the base. I am going to take a wild guess and assume that even though the base was wrong that you decided to just keep it, therefore you attempted to smoke out of it, therefore ruining any chance of returning it. Then you decided you didnt really like it and wanted to return it and they refused due to the product being used. That is all just a guess, and if I am way off track I apologize. Maybe your next post can be a nice introduction post and you can start off on a different foot around here. I lend very little credibility to a first time poster whom comes onto this forum and bashes a vendor in the wrong section might I add, with shady circumstances surrounding it. I am climbing down off my soapbox now and going fishing with 2 old friends for the weekend. You guys have a good one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
I would just like to share with everyone how I was screwed by this website and to save other people from wasting money with them. I have been smoking hookah for a few years now, and have figured out that you get what you pay for. So I spent 200 plus dollars on Sarahsmoke.com's website and bought all the extra accessories, a nice big 30 plus inch hookah from them. This company sent me a hookah where the base did not fit the stem. The base was not the same one in the picture online. The stem had a leakage in it, and the valves leaked to. They talked up this vortex hookah bowl on their website, so I bought that to, HORRIBLE. I called numerous times to complain to them spoke with management and everything. They said they could not refund it because I had already smoked out of it, so after 4 or 5 phone calls arguing with them, they decided that they would give me a 10% coupon on shisha to make up for my loss of 200 DOLLARS! Please do not use this site. F Sarah Smoke.

Trying to save some people money, use hookah-shisha.com
Justin
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Dreamer1917
Hookah Nut

Notice we have not seen another post from this person yet.
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer1917 View Post
Notice we have not seen another post from this person yet.
RAGE POST RAGE POST!
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

has anyone else smoked sarah? i thought she was all mine. damn, im never smoking sarah again...hrmph
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiToKiRi View Post
Huh? The site is just fine dude.
I was trying to be funny since "SarahSmoke.com" the site that was referenced throughout the entire post doesn't exist. That is why I even put it in quotes. I am sure we all can be fairly certain he was referencing "SaharaSmoke.com" but I was trying to use satire (sarcasm?) to point out that the OP didn't reference the correct URI. This, in my book, takes away from some of the credibility of the post.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Immediately after opening the package, I noticed the wrong base. I called, and they said that they use "high powered lights of some sort" so the bases appear to be different colors then what they really are. The base on their website was a baby blue colored, and when I received it, it was a deep purple color. They said I could return it but I would have to pay my own shipping, so then I proceeded to "Deal with the color", and test it out. Also who thinks to test a BRAND NEW HOOKAH from a somewhat credible site for leaks. So we tested it out and of course it disappointed me more than anything. After 4 phone fights with this company and them offering me 10% coupons I realized they don't care about their customers.

On a positive note, I live in Orlando, and they just opened up a new Hookah shop called Lit. They have some very good prices for Hookah's. In this shop they have a HUGE Ed Hardy hookah and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The details around the stem is unreal. It is listed for $300, I am just scared to purchase another expensive hookah that might not work. Anyone had experience with this ED HARDY hookah?

Also I realize my mistake of Saraha and Sahar.
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Also I do have a life, a job, and I am a full time student, so it is hard to reply instantly to the posts. Give this new user some time.
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Ed hardy hookahs are for fist pumpers not hookah smokers
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:09 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
Ed hardy hookahs are for fist pumpers not hookah smokers
Or One Pump Chumps.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
Immediately after opening the package, I noticed the wrong base. I called, and they said that they use "high powered lights of some sort" so the bases appear to be different colors then what they really are. The base on their website was a baby blue colored, and when I received it, it was a deep purple color. They said I could return it but I would have to pay my own shipping, so then I proceeded to "Deal with the color", and test it out. Also who thinks to test a BRAND NEW HOOKAH from a somewhat credible site for leaks. So we tested it out and of course it disappointed me more than anything. After 4 phone fights with this company and them offering me 10% coupons I realized they don't care about their customers.

On a positive note, I live in Orlando, and they just opened up a new Hookah shop called Lit. They have some very good prices for Hookah's. In this shop they have a HUGE Ed Hardy hookah and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The details around the stem is unreal. It is listed for $300, I am just scared to purchase another expensive hookah that might not work. Anyone had experience with this ED HARDY hookah?

Also I realize my mistake of Saraha and Sahar.
From leaky stem to Ed Hardy stem... from bad to worse.

PS - Sahara may have issues with the vases on their site looking 10x better than they do when you get them but they're still a solid company, I've had nothing but positive experiences

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook