Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problems with SarahSmoke.com from Georgia

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Problems with SarahSmoke.com from Georgia

Ed Hardy? Really about $220 of the price is for the Ed Hardy name, the hookah would be worth 60-80 bucks. Is the name that important?
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
Immediately after opening the package, I noticed the wrong base. I called, and they said that they use "high powered lights of some sort" so the bases appear to be different colors then what they really are. The base on their website was a baby blue colored, and when I received it, it was a deep purple color. They said I could return it but I would have to pay my own shipping, so then I proceeded to "Deal with the color", and test it out. Also who thinks to test a BRAND NEW HOOKAH from a somewhat credible site for leaks. So we tested it out and of course it disappointed me more than anything. After 4 phone fights with this company and them offering me 10% coupons I realized they don't care about their customers.

On a positive note, I live in Orlando, and they just opened up a new Hookah shop called Lit. They have some very good prices for Hookah's. In this shop they have a HUGE Ed Hardy hookah and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The details around the stem is unreal. It is listed for $300, I am just scared to purchase another expensive hookah that might not work. Anyone had experience with this ED HARDY hookah?

Also I realize my mistake of Saraha and Sahar.
Ed Hardy is about as bad as you can get. Spend some time on the site and read up on hookahs and their use before you make any more purchases.

Regarding the hookah...

It's pretty customary to check for leaks when you get a new rig and make adjustments as necessary. Many leaks are just stuck ball bearings and ill sitting seals.

The vortex bowl is very different from a normal bowl. How was it bad? What was wrong? If you explain we may be able to help out and get it smoking the way it should.

Is this your first hookah?

SS hookahs are not really known for being great rigs in my experience. I have never dealt with them myself. The review section of our frum will help you avoid situations like this in the future.

How did you smoke from it if the base did not fit?
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymatingcall View Post
Ed Hardy? Really about $220 of the price is for the Ed Hardy name, the hookah would be worth 60-80 bucks. Is the name that important?
dude more like 280 of that is the ed hardy logo... you think it cost them 60-80 to build that chinese piece of rhinestoned crap?

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Your rant is invalid to my ears right when the part came up about the vortex bowl being horrible.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

ED HARDY STEMS are chinese junk. Everything with his name on it is shit. Go to **********.com and get yourself a Khalil Mammoon, you won't be disappointed. BTW, you should have done your hookah homework before making a purchase like that. There's no end of threads in here about the quality (or lack thereof) of SSC stems. IMO they make shitty shisha as well. In fact the only good thing I've heard about them is that they make good bases.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

Oh yeah, leave the vortex bowl out of it! Kudos to hookah hookah for that monumental contribution to my smoking enjoyment!
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
dude more like 280 of that is the ed hardy logo... you think it cost them 60-80 to build that chinese piece of rhinestoned crap?
True, I guess I was thinking market value of a Chinese hookah and wrote price to manufacture (stupid cost accounting class, getting me all confused about what I am thinking about). From what I remember the EH was a relatively large hookah, and the price goes up exponentially (or so I would figure). I bought an 18" chinese for 20 (on sale and of lower quality (more than likely) of the EH). So with the increase in size and quality, the price could be 40-55 for the hookah and the packaging is rather "extravagent" from what I recall (and not a huge benefit but it does take money to create it)
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymatingcall View Post
True, I guess I was thinking market value of a Chinese hookah and wrote price to manufacture (stupid cost accounting class, getting me all confused about what I am thinking about). From what I remember the EH was a relatively large hookah, and the price goes up exponentially (or so I would figure). I bought an 18" chinese for 20 (on sale and of lower quality (more than likely) of the EH). So with the increase in size and quality, the price could be 40-55 for the hookah and the packaging is rather "extravagent" from what I recall (and not a huge benefit but it does take money to create it)
You are making the critical mistake of assuming that bigger hookahs are automatically made better.
Old March 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

So I purchased a Mya yesterday at Lit. Couldn't have made a better choice. It rips and is so smooth
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Glad to see you avoided the EH. How is Lit?
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I can't find much online about LIT, you have a website or anything?
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Their grand opening was last Saturday, so I do not think they have a website up and running yet. I am very impressed with their store though, and the quality of hookahs. The vortex is working like a champ after I watched a few you tube videos on how to pack it.
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
Their grand opening was last Saturday, so I do not think they have a website up and running yet. I am very impressed with their store though, and the quality of hookahs. The vortex is working like a champ after I watched a few you tube videos on how to pack it.

I'm glad you got your Vortex working my friend. Welcome to the forum, as a belated welcome from my lazy behind.

Make sure that before you buy a hookah from this store, to check to see if you may be able to get a better deal (unless convenience is super important to you). I almost payed 200 dollars for an 85 dollar hookah from Hookah John. Mya was a good choice with what you are looking at. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience with SS. They have done some pretty rotten things to me in the past (I too have had the vase color issue and a subpar stem issue). It sounds like the stem you got might have been a freak accident. May you smoke happily with your new purchase.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook