Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Coconara Shape

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Default New Coconara Shape

Has anyone gotten a new box of cocos? If so what do you think about the new shape? Also it my opinion that they give off less heat then the original design anybody else agree or know if this is a fact?
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
hookah vad
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: New Coconara Shape

i have the new coconaras, i dont know why they changed the shape, has no benefit .
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
DiS oNe GuY
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DiS oNe GuY

Yeah, I have the new box. The shape of the new coals are a little smaller compare to the ones that came in the rectangular shape box. I don't notice that they burn less hot and burn more quickly, I don't really pay attention to them until they start to go out. But it wont make me stop continuing to buy more (:
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:03 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

I like the new design a lot. They produce the same amount of heat its just the shape, they cover less of the bowl which means that you might have to throw on an extra coal. They light up faster and last a lot longer. I was smoking for a good two hours outside last night and I didn't have to change the coals once.
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:25 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
I like the new design a lot. They produce the same amount of heat its just the shape, they cover less of the bowl which means that you might have to throw on an extra coal. They light up faster and last a lot longer. I was smoking for a good two hours outside last night and I didn't have to change the coals once.
2 hours? Wow, that's crazy. The "old" Coconaras barely last 50 minutes.
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:27 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I don't suppose someone could post some pics of the new shape compared to the old for those of us that don't use Coconaras?

Old March 21st, 2010, 06:20 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
2 hours? Wow, that's crazy. The "old" Coconaras barely last 50 minutes.

Yep 2hrs on one round of coals ....coco's alwaysed lasted this long for me
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:58 AM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

I usually get around an hour and fifteen minutes from the old ones; Ididn't even know there was a new recipe.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:58 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Here is a new picture of the coals side by side with the older model. What i meant when i said "less heat" i really meant that because of the shape regardless of bowl choice i need 1 extra coal. Either way attached is side by side for you guys
Attached Thumbnails
coal.jpg  
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
PhantomICEMAN
Hookah Newbie

Im actually very disappointed with coconaras in general... I heard very big things about this coal..every where i searched everyone was giving them 9.8's and 10/10 and i thought these would be the holy grail to my sheesha experience and you know what i was duley disappointed. I havent tried the old batch but got these cubes and and well first about the heat their emit not alot i think the amount of smoke they produce isnt vast ive tried two and three and on both occasions either the smoke is too weak or the sheesha is too harsh.Before we use to use isntant lights..fair enough they have the chemical taste to them but the amount of smoke they produce is far more even right now ve just had a session we had two coconara on the go as were useing thinner foil weak smokes.. we put an instant light with them and boom the rooms full of mist .. Also i dont know how the peeps here managed get them burning for 2 hours within one hour these things are the size of a rasin and are producing weak smokes.. so far for me and our friends the instant lights win in all catergories besides one and that is taste obviously the cocnaras are generally taste less but besides that the instant lights cost a 3rd of the price takes a minute to light and produce more smoke than the coconara. Now im not too sure if im doing something wrong here and maybe you guys can point it out im using a standard egyptian hookah nothing snazzy like a KM, were using the stock hose with an egyptian bowl we have tried both thick and thin foil. we only use al fakher tobacco as that produces the best smokes. us guys dont have windcover and i dont know if that our down fall but right now im very skeptical about wether all this hype about coconara is what it is.. only hype...
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:55 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

I've now tried 5 different naturals and coconaras are the best
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Cadrian
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Cadrian

Someone gotta explain how to get 2 hours out of these.... I get 50mins Top and they are tiny. At 50mins I usually add two more.
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:26 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
Someone gotta explain how to get 2 hours out of these.... I get 50mins Top and they are tiny. At 50mins I usually add two more.
I've been having trouble too. My last box I got between an hour and an hour and a half out of them. This box, they only lasted about 30-45 minutes.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
SKKG
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
I think it really depends on the amount of pulls you are taking. I think they burn quicker if you take more hits
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomICEMAN View Post
Im actually very disappointed with coconaras in general... I heard very big things about this coal..every where i searched everyone was giving them 9.8's and 10/10 and i thought these would be the holy grail to my sheesha experience and you know what i was duley disappointed. I havent tried the old batch but got these cubes and and well first about the heat their emit not alot i think the amount of smoke they produce isnt vast ive tried two and three and on both occasions either the smoke is too weak or the sheesha is too harsh.Before we use to use isntant lights..fair enough they have the chemical taste to them but the amount of smoke they produce is far more even right now ve just had a session we had two coconara on the go as were useing thinner foil weak smokes.. we put an instant light with them and boom the rooms full of mist .. Also i dont know how the peeps here managed get them burning for 2 hours within one hour these things are the size of a rasin and are producing weak smokes.. so far for me and our friends the instant lights win in all catergories besides one and that is taste obviously the cocnaras are generally taste less but besides that the instant lights cost a 3rd of the price takes a minute to light and produce more smoke than the coconara. Now im not too sure if im doing something wrong here and maybe you guys can point it out im using a standard egyptian hookah nothing snazzy like a KM, were using the stock hose with an egyptian bowl we have tried both thick and thin foil. we only use al fakher tobacco as that produces the best smokes. us guys dont have windcover and i dont know if that our down fall but right now im very skeptical about wether all this hype about coconara is what it is.. only hype...
Its not just hype, chances are you didn't get them hot enough to produce great smoke
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

I'm almost through my second box of the new, cubed, coco's and to be honest they work flawlessly for me. I get great heat, they last about an hour, give or take, as some of the cubes are slightly smaller than others but they are fairly uniform. I usually use two, sometimes three, coals per session. After letting them heat for about 7 minutes or so on the burner I place them around the bowl roughly evenly and they do their thing. Just my experience. I'm sorry to hear that others have had such poor experiences with them. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:31 PM
PhantomICEMAN
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildebrand13 View Post
Its not just hype, chances are you didn't get them hot enough to produce great smoke
i Just read your reply right now we had a session earlier.. this time i paid attention at making sure each side of the coal was properly glowing.. packed some nakhla. with a thin foil and 3 coals and you know what the smoke was just.......AWESOME..

i think its a combination of how the coal is but also how loosely the tobacco is packed as im using the an egyptian bowl so this time i ensured i left it loose to allow good air flow...and it worked an absoloute charm
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Laimis

Ive got few boxes of them already and I don't like the new shape, takes longer to heat up and they don't cover as much area so tobacco doesn't heat as much, old cocos were better in my opinion
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Laimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
Yep 2hrs on one round of coals ....coco's alwaysed lasted this long for me

You gotta teach me how to make them last so long lol
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomICEMAN View Post
i Just read your reply right now we had a session earlier.. this time i paid attention at making sure each side of the coal was properly glowing.. packed some nakhla. with a thin foil and 3 coals and you know what the smoke was just.......AWESOME..

i think its a combination of how the coal is but also how loosely the tobacco is packed as im using the an egyptian bowl so this time i ensured i left it loose to allow good air flow...and it worked an absoloute charm
It took me a while to figure them out as well. Now they're a regular in my stash.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook