Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

non-washable hoses.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 31st, 2008, 10:13 PM
sugacaneshane88
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to sugacaneshane88
Default non-washable hoses.

is there anyway to get the taste out of a non-washable hose??
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:26 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: non-washable hoses.

Not unless you want it to rust. Best bet it to home depo it, buy some hose clamps and rubber hose/tubing and replace the tubes.

/root
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

depends on the hose really... the more expensive mya hoses that are non washable hold up pretty well in regards to rusting....

If you dont want to buy another hose or modify one then clean it with whatever method you wish, run some air through it (I do it with a compressor) and hang them to dry.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:04 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayver
depends on the hose really... the more expensive mya hoses that are non washable hold up pretty well in regards to rusting....

If you dont want to buy another hose or modify one then clean it with whatever method you wish, run some air through it (I do it with a compressor) and hang them to dry.
Thats an awesome idea...kool thanks rayver
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:05 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

OR! you can just buy a Razan or Nammor hose and never have to worry about rust!! That is what I am going to do. It is probably a good investment in the long run.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:38 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

nammor all the way! I've got one for melon flavors and another for berry flavors and they are friggin awesome! I'm a car guys so I'm used to spending $100-$500 on parts so $40 for a couple of great hose was a bargain. They barely fit in my cheapy hookah though.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:43 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishdrftr
nammor all the way! I've got one for melon flavors and another for berry flavors and they are friggin awesome! I'm a car guys so I'm used to spending $100-$500 on parts so $40 for a couple of great hose was a bargain. They barely fit in my cheapy hookah though.
Save some money for a month and instead of buying parts load up on a sick hookah and some shish! Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? That is what I would do personally
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:43 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

no washable hoses imo are bad.
just get a nammor.
they're awesome, and washable.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:49 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast
Quote:
Save some money for a month and instead of buying parts load up on a sick hookah and some shish! Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? That is what I would do personally
Oh well i actually just bought a KM second hand! I was just stating that my nammors dont fit well in my cheap hookah (I like it and all). As far a shisha I spend a handful on that as well. I always have AF grape on hand....really I mean always!
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:55 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast
Quote:
Oh well i actually just bought a KM second hand! I was just stating that my nammors dont fit well in my cheap hookah (I like it and all). As far a shisha I spend a handful on that as well. I always have AF grape on hand....really I mean always!

NICE! I have yet to try AF grape. Is it more like a natural grape or like a cool-aid artificial grape?
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:58 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Like others have already siad. Get a Nammour hose! It'll be the last hose purchase you ever need to make. Every other non-washable hose out there is just a ticking time bomb to rust. Eventually the inevitable will happen, even if you don't run water through it. I have a "top of the line" Mya Cloissonne hose that rusted without ever coming in conatct with water. Miami's humidity got to work pretty fast and rusted it only a couple of months into ownership.

Then again, I did store that hose inside my car 24/7, so that probaby wasn't such a good idea. But now that I have a Nammour, I can leave it in my car 24/7 and not have to worry...
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:58 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

There is only 2 ways, pretty much.

1 is to blow through the hose really hard about 10-15 times. If that doesn't really get rid of it, a couple of bowls will make it go away.
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:12 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

here are 3 great washable hoses:

the first one is a razan, its from nazarhookah.com. its cheaper than the next hose and you can choose a different colour for the handle, and the mouthpiece detaches. other than that its pretty much the same thing as this hose...

this one is from hookah-shisha.com. its a few dollars more expensive than the razan. the handle and the hose are the same colour and the mouthpiece also comes out. this next one is alot different than these 2 first ones..

this one is also from the same site as the nammor. its ENTIRELY washable (its made out of all plastic). its very light also! and although its not as wide as the nammor or razan, it does have a fairly good pull to it (just ask sambooka!). the sad thing though, this hose doesnt look that stunning or nice to look at so a hose cover would be a good addition. also its alot cheaper than a razan (21 bucks), or a nammor (23 bucks), this hose costs only 7 bucks.

Old February 1st, 2008, 08:00 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Although washable hoses are nice, I can undersand the use of non-washable. There are some very nice leather hoses out there. If you hose has 1 major "flavor" to it, assign only that flavor to smoke through it and purchase a new hose. I have 2 Nammors, 1 MYA (supposedly washable) and 2 Syrians. The Mya is general use, but the Syrians only get MINT flavors run thru them as they aren't washable.

If worse comes worse, remove the end tips and puchase some tubing, see the How-to section (http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=337.0) and modify your hose till you can purchase a new one.

Good luck.

PS: if you do try running a liquid through your non-washable, use warm lemon juice and blow dry like rayver said.
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra

this one is also from the same site as the nammor. its ENTIRELY washable (its made out of all plastic). its very light also! and although its not as wide as the nammor or razan, it does have a fairly good pull to it (just ask sambooka!). the sad thing though, this hose doesnt look that stunning or nice to look at so a hose cover would be a good addition. also its alot cheaper than a razan (21 bucks), or a nammor (23 bucks), this hose costs only 7 bucks.
True, I am a fan of this hose! I just added a hose cover (made by sammniamii) and I use this hose 90% of the time! If you look in my videos you will see that I am using this hose. I like it! I use to wash it, but I haven't in almost a year! I just blow out the smoke after immediately after each use. It does not appear to retain smoke odors ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook