Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Just ordered some DM

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
HookaHnutNathaN
Hookah Newbie

Default Just ordered some DM

So after all this talk about DM I decided to order some. I ordered 300g of Strawberry Milkshake can not wait for it to come in!!

How long does it take for it to ship though? I live in Southern Indiana and when I check on Hookah1.com it says my order is still pending ! I ordered it on the 18th so idk just was wondering if it takes a while for it to come in or what not.

Also I have been hearing that you should let Tobacer cook for 10-15 min? why is this, do you do this with all of your Moassel (hope i said it right) or just DM cuz I never do it lol. What I do is light up my coconaras straight from the stove and put them on and I smoke? should I let them ash over and bake it for a while or what?
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Just ordered some DM

HAhaha! Another convert to the dark side! Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Desi Murli likes to be hot, if you leave your coals on the bowl for a few minutes (More like 2-5) it will smoke better. Otherwise you'll just be pulling air. It takes a bit to start up.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
HookaHnutNathaN
Hookah Newbie

Ok cool stuff so three Coconaras should cut it then?
And what about the shipping? Does he take a while to get it out?
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

It'll probably take a few days longer due to the prep time.

I usually use a large egyptian or funnel and start with three coals, knock one off once it's going good. The stuff likes heat, but it's also kinda sensitive to too much heat.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Kamal makes your order fresh, so give him time to mix it up, he will send an invoice with the tracking in a about 4 days.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

I ordered 5 lbs and it took him 4 days, it shipped today. I called asking the same question and Kamal said: "It is fresh and we have a lot of orders but do not worry, it will go out tomorrow." Sounded like a great guy and sure enough it shipped only moments ago.

Last edited by DRMALIKIA; March 26th, 2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Took them 2 days to prepare my order, and trust me, it's much better than doing yourself, and it even tastes better.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
HookaHnutNathaN
Hookah Newbie

haha ya I can not freaking wait to try this
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Kamal is a great guy... i always feel like a kid at christmas when I place a DM order
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Takes them a few days to prepare, but well worth the wait. Give it about five minutes, and don't expect thunder clouds, but awesome taste! Comes in plain plastics bags or containers... Enjoy. Strawberry Milkshake is awesome.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

this sounds amazing... and i want in. never tried DM (honestly never heard of it before i joined this forum), but based solely upon on the rave reviews here, i'm seriously considering taking the plunge. now, question time:

1) how much do i have to buy (i know i can easily find this out on my own, but that's what forums are for). i'm talking price and mass here.

2) what is a first experience like. my girlfriend and i are used to AF. we get a blend locally called Tropic Thunder (i'm a little inebriated atm, so i can't think of the exact mix but i know it's orange, pineapple, something else tropical, and a hint of mint that makes it so smooth). basically, i introduced her to the "hookah culture," if you will, and i don't want to end up with a large brick of something she's going to hate and i end up smoking alone whenever she's at work and i'm for some reason not. i've tried everything we can buy locally (AF, al waha, some herbal blends that make me feel like i'm smoking mulch, Hookah Hookah shots which we found difficult to smoke at best, and starbuzz which has that glycerin feel that neither of us enjoy too much) and have settled on AF basically for flavor and smoothness. comparisons?

3) i guess this sort of part 2 of question 2. i know there will be a noticeable nicotine buzz difference between DM and AF. personal experiences? basically, am i going to pack a bowl of this and make her sick and never want a round 2

4) what kind of bowl is going to give me the best experience her? i have a large and small egyptian, but am thinking of trying out the phunnel or vortex in the very near future

ok, i think that's about it, unless there's something else awesome or negative i should know. thanks in advance
Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

AF is nothing and I mean nothing like DM

AF is washed tobacco and fruity and sweet, being washed means there will be little to no buzz

DM is traditional, spicy, not fruity, complex, and has a buzz to it.

They really should not be compaired

dm is sold in 300 grams and up

it can be smoked out of anything
I use a phunnel, others here use an Egyptian and many use a vortex
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:29 AM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

well DM isnt really all that fruity at all compared to AF, its more of an earthy taste to it. now i will say if your into the less sweet flavours like coffee, and cinnamon than i would recomend DM. now although most people wont believe this i actually dont get a buzz from DM i actually get more of a buzz from AF, and nakhla than i do from DM. also since DM isnt all that wet you could get away with using an edgyptin bowl, but i like using a vortex, bc you can use allot more tobacco, and for me that tends to concentrate the flavour better
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:31 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

1: Hookah1 has it in 300 grams, 500 grams, 1 kilo and 2 kilo sizes.
2: DM has subtle flavors and is not the candy store shisha! Traditional and awesome, unless you are hooked on fruity stuff. Also don't expect big clouds, but awesome taste.
3: I got used to DM pretty quick, but I have a high tolerance for nicotine since I smoke cigs. Many people warn new users not to hoover it... I really don't think there is buzz to it, but everyone is different.
4: I haved smoke DM in many types of bowls, and have never been disappointed! It needs heat and time to start, then back off on the heat and expect 2-5 minutes to start.
There are tons of forum and video reviews of DM. Chat with Husky, CaptHowdy and HonestPuck! These DM jedi are full of knowledge...

Last edited by thomas_j_smith; March 25th, 2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: smoked not smoke (missed a "d").
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:42 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

From my personal experience with dm I can tell you that it is wonderful. Idk if your gf will enjoy it but my fiance hates the stuff. she likes the "in your face" candyish flavors. But it works out for me because we work opposite shifts a lot and so when she is at work and I am not I smoke dm and when we are both home we smoke more af and nakhla mizo. Its a really good balance for us. Also I would highly recommend the vortex bowl. for dm you can smoke it out of anything but a vortex is great to have in your arsenal for virtually all shishas because it provides great flavor and smoke and its virtually fool proof. I currently have 3 vortex bowls in my collection
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I ordered 2300g Tuesday, I can't wait
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

2300 g? I'm jealous... great order! Like CaptHowdy suggested, I hope we don't kill Kamal with all the orders from HP members, or he just may hire help and raise the price? My first order was 1500 g, and I already wanna order more flavors!
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:09 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Ya, I kinda picked up 300 of everything that I wanted at first the 500 of roohafza, which I know I like. I thought I would spend more to reduce shipping, since shipping starts about $9 but is only 11 at 2300 grams, so the extra 2000g cost $2 extra over the minimum order of 300g
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRpunx14 View Post
1) how much do i have to buy (i know i can easily find this out on my own, but that's what forums are for). i'm talking price and mass here.
300 grams for about $6. It's as cheap as the dirt it resembles.

Quote:
2) what is a first experience like. my girlfriend and i are used to AF. we get a blend locally called Tropic Thunder (i'm a little inebriated atm, so i can't think of the exact mix but i know it's orange, pineapple, something else tropical, and a hint of mint that makes it so smooth). basically, i introduced her to the "hookah culture," if you will, and i don't want to end up with a large brick of something she's going to hate and i end up smoking alone whenever she's at work and i'm for some reason not. i've tried everything we can buy locally (AF, al waha, some herbal blends that make me feel like i'm smoking mulch, Hookah Hookah shots which we found difficult to smoke at best, and starbuzz which has that glycerin feel that neither of us enjoy too much) and have settled on AF basically for flavor and smoothness. comparisons?
First Experience? Remember the first time you had sex? It's like that... Kinda awkward and strange and you're not entirely sure you're doing it right, but still wholesale awesome.

My first thoughts on trying it were that I wasn't doing it right. It takes about five minutes to warm up to smoking temperature. Even then it doesn't smoke a whole lot. Don't try to get big, milky AF-style clouds out of it.

As far as the flavor... It's floral (But not bad perfume floral), Spicy, earthy, natural... If I could sum it up in one word it would be "Exotic". My first thoughts is that this is what I always imagined Hookah would be like before I ever smoked hookah. The flavor conjures images of Bedouin Nomads puffing waterpipes in their opulent tents... I never imagined those guys smoking something flavored like grapes or a pineapple... I imagined them smoking something like this.

Quote:
3) i guess this sort of part 2 of question 2. i know there will be a noticeable nicotine buzz difference between DM and AF. personal experiences? basically, am i going to pack a bowl of this and make her sick and never want a round 2
The buzz is nicely mellow. Treat it right, don't suck the stuff down like a hoover. Take a nice, long draw, then pass it. Don't hold the smoke in, and take breaks between puffs. Keep a drink near by and some fresh fruit (I like grapes or berries- The sugar helps your body process the nicotine.)

All of these things you really should be doing anyways, but it's more important with the high-octane stuff.

Use naturals and take your time and you'll do fine.

Quote:
4) what kind of bowl is going to give me the best experience her? i have a large and small egyptian, but am thinking of trying out the phunnel or vortex in the very near future
I've used all of these bowls and I find myself going back to large egyptian more and more often. The phunnel works great but it tends to burn too easily. The Vortex seems to work great when my buddy comes over. If I owned one, it would probably be my preference.
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:23 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rivers View Post
From my personal experience with dm I can tell you that it is wonderful. Idk if your gf will enjoy it but my fiance hates the stuff. she likes the "in your face" candyish flavors. But it works out for me because we work opposite shifts a lot and so when she is at work and I am not I smoke dm and when we are both home we smoke more af and nakhla mizo. Its a really good balance for us. Also I would highly recommend the vortex bowl. for dm you can smoke it out of anything but a vortex is great to have in your arsenal for virtually all shishas because it provides great flavor and smoke and its virtually fool proof. I currently have 3 vortex bowls in my collection
I guess I'm lucky. My wife has started to hate candyish tobacco. The sweetest she will smoke any more is Nakhla and Salloum.

To your vortex comment, while I love my vortex and use it for just about everything, an Egyptian bowl is all you need. She may leak at times, but she always treats you right.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

You need to let the bowl heat up for 10-15 mins before smoking DM or else you wont get any flavor for a while. BTW......I just received 12 more flavors yesterday, gonna be doing teh video review marathon soon.
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreno14 View Post
well DM isnt really all that fruity at all compared to AF, its more of an earthy taste to it. now i will say if your into the less sweet flavours like coffee, and cinnamon than i would recomend DM. now although most people wont believe this i actually dont get a buzz from DM i actually get more of a buzz from AF, and nakhla than i do from DM. also since DM isnt all that wet you could get away with using an edgyptin bowl, but i like using a vortex, bc you can use allot more tobacco, and for me that tends to concentrate the flavour better
My DM was drenched and siting in moisture.

I did not get a buzz either.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook