Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Starbuzz vs Starbuzz Exotic

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 24th, 2010, 01:55 AM
hookahfire
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Starbuzz vs Starbuzz Exotic

Then they just add the name for marketing strategy probably
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAki View Post
I was fine with what you posted. I was just merely stating that i would appreciate if people didn't make unnecessary negative comments. And yes i would appreciate input from others, on the topic that is stated. This isn't a thread for peoples reviews and opinions on starbuzz. That would be located over here http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55 . This thread was posted with a question which i would appreciate people to answer.

It's not a matter of who loves or hates what, it's a matter of are you answering my question or not? Or even is your post relevant?
Funniness trumps relevance. It's part of the Coyote code.

To answer your question: The others are right. It's all marketing. Starbuzz is run by some very savvy people who I'm sure are making a killing by selling crap tobacco at hugely inflated prices. It's all part of the smoke and mirrors that are carefully arranged to make the consumer think they're purchasing something special, premium, exotic. In the end it's really just a can of cellulose, glycerine, refined sugars, chemical flavor additives, and dye. The combination of fancy names (Blue mist, X on the Beach) titles (Premium, exotic) and flashy packaging keeps people paying $15+ a can for it.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:04 AM
hookahfire
Hookah Nut

nicely said Coyotero,... i couldn't agree more.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:06 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

thank you for your input coyote. And i agree it is pricey, but i enjoy their selection as to why i would pay $11 for a 100g. But i think we all can agree that it could be worst *cough*ed hardy*cough*
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryAki View Post
thank you for your input coyote. And i agree it is pricey, but i enjoy their selection as to why i would pay $11 for a 100g. But i think we all can agree that it could be worst *cough*ed hardy*cough*
Well, you've got me there.

Have you tried Fumari, Terry? If you like starbuzz you should give it a try. It's a similar, but much higher grade product. The flavors are very natural tasting and smoke output is huge. If I get some more anytime soon I can send you a sample.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Well, you've got me there.

Have you tried Fumari, Terry? If you like starbuzz you should give it a try. It's a similar, but much higher grade product. The flavors are very natural tasting and smoke output is huge. If I get some more anytime soon I can send you a sample.
sure, ever tried soft black? im expecting it anytime this week, i'd be willing to do a trade. The biggest reason i purchase things such as Fantasia, or starbuzz is because i hate ordering online and paying shipping and handling + waiting for my shisha. And starbuzz and fantasia are the best ones being sold in my local stores. My only other option would be Layalina or afzal which are crap.
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Looks to me like new labels. If you go to http://www.starbuzztobacco.com and go to their shisha section, you will notice that all the tins in there have the new label. Also, if there was a difference in the shisha I would assume that they would separate their shisha based on the "group" in which they fit; by price or "specialty blend"(exotic) to help customer pick between their different lines of tobacco.
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Think the label might have just changed cause I didn't see or experience a difference.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:18 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I dont understand, why they changed the labels. I liked the old ones more, than the new ones now.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Fumari ambrosia is awesome, huge clouds, tastes amazing, pick some up, better than any SB I have tried IMHO
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
I dont understand, why they changed the labels. I liked the old ones more, than the new ones now.
It's psychological. Companies change the look of the package their product comes in, and comsumers will automatically think that this in some way improved the flavor. That's why Pepsi & Coca-Cola bring out special designs every so often.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook