Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

**********s Mini Alien Officially for sale!

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old March 25th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Marco Poko

Default Re: **********s Mini Alien Officially for sale!

Just ordered...now waiting

Old March 25th, 2010, 11:40 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Am I just missing something here or what? When exactly was Sambooka accused of making unbiased reviews?? The original comment by Oceana to Sambooka's post didn't accuse him of being bias as far as I understand...
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM
MeeNerS
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MeeNerS

I just ordered mine this afternoon
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:05 AM
mitchard
Banned

It doesn't look like a personal attack aimed towards Sambooka. I think it was more saying that in general, people who actually pay for an item rather than receiving it for free are willing to give a more unbiased review. When you pay your own cash for something and it sucks, you don't have a looming cloud over your head expecting you to say its cool and express gratitude since it was a free gift. Its happens, and I have seen it with reviews all over the internet.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:07 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchard View Post
It doesn't look like a personal attack aimed towards Sambooka. I think it was more saying that in general, people who actually pay for an item rather than receiving it for free are willing to give a more unbiased review. When you pay your own cash for something and it sucks, you don't have a looming cloud over your head expecting you to say its cool and express gratitude since it was a free gift. Its happens, and I have seen it with reviews all over the internet.
Ya, but if you have heard of the endowment effect, when you own something you place more value on it than before you owned it. IE you want a xbox 360 and you are in lottery, 50/50 shot you get that or the ps3, and you get the ps3, if someone wants to trade you will likely reject bc you won the ps3, at least it works on smaller scale examples, maybe items less than $5
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:10 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchard View Post
You've made some good points Mitch. But in this particular circumstance I'm comfortable w/my statement. There's alot in play right now that some of you aren't aware of. There's no doubt in my mind this was a jab at Sam and I've got his back. Trust me! Now let's move on to discussions of the mini funnel and keep things on topic as best we can.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:19 AM
mitchard
Banned

WELL THEN.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:38 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

I have learned so many things on HP, and am thankful for the knowledge base and fine people on here, but become disappointed when anyone is disrespected. Sometimes I guess people forget that opinions are very subjective, with a percentage of people who will love or hate anything and anyone. Guess it comes down to being adult, and being able to agree to disagree with respect. Communicating in the digital age is very impersonal, and we often say things in text we would never say in person! As Americans we believe we can be free thinkers and question authority respectfully, realizing we all have opinions. Someone once said "you can please some of the people some of the time... but you can never please all of the people all of the time." Throughout history there have been figures that were both loved and hated, despite their actions and words, largely in part to subjective opinions. I really love HP, and find it troubling when a simple thread becomes so hurtful over agendas or clicks. Even our great country once suffered a civil war, but became united. Can't we all just get along over something we all love?

Last edited by thomas_j_smith; March 26th, 2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Typos
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:50 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
I have learned so many things on HP, and am thankful for the knowledge base and fine people on here, but become disappointed when anyone is disrespected. Sometimes I guess people forget that opinions are very subjective, with a percentage of people who will love or hate anything and anyone. Guess it comes down to being adult, and being able to agree to disagree with respect. Communicating in the digital age is very impersonal, and we often say things in text we would never say in person! As Americans we believe we can be free thinkers and question authority respectfully, realizing we all have opinions. Someone once said "you can please some of the people some of the time... but you can never please all of the people all of the time." Throughout history there have been figures that were both loved and hated, despite their actions and words, largely in part to subjective opinions. I really love HP, and find it troubling when a simple thread becomes so hurtful over agendas or clicks. Even our great country once suffered a civil war, but became united. Can't we all just get along over something we all love?
Amen brother!!
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:02 AM
ShishaSteve
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to ShishaSteve

Already ordered an alien phunnell bowl today with my new hookah. I can't wait to smoke out of it!!
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

The HJ Mini Alien Phunnel threads (2) had about 200 replies and 3200 views to date. Hot subject and discussions?
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:25 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Yes and no Mitchard and Dasebsch,

My personal feelings on the matter:

A lot of people are taking these attacks personally, including the mods and Admins. There has been a lot of "insinuation"over the past few days/ weeks that SamB (and others) are being biased in their reviews. I take offense to this, as I am sure SamB and the other mods do too. Who cares if you paid for a product or not. . Just be HONEST and bam! Wallah! and nobody would care if you purchased it or received free product. This "show your receipt movement" is laughable, not going to get into it why, except to say "Methinks, Thou doth protest too much"....

Andplusalso... Who say's a receipt can't be fabricated?
Or even better, how about real receipts and discount prices? Where does the line of "show me your invoice, so that makes you unbiased" going to be drawn? " Hey KK, Here's your receipt to show how legit you are!!!111!"....... . Will I still be considered unbiased if I have a 10, 20, 45, 60 , HELL 90% discount? I PAID for it didn't I? So do we as a public get to see your Paypal or CC statement so we can then calculate the suggested retail price on the site to your invoice price and then verify that's what you paid? NO, that's freaking ABSURD! Do you get my point?

This is also making me wonder about "fan boys" who sing the praises of inferior products just because they love a particular vendor? Will fan boys get their credibility questioned as well?... I digress.

It all boils down to two things: Either you have integrity or you don't. You can be bought off, and paid for your reviews like banned vendors have done in the past to certain youtube reviewers, or you can be honest about what you have and what you've got. If it tastes like crap, say so. If it is awesome say so. If it's so- so, then SAY SO!

We have NEVER encouraged/ asked / insinuated/ implied/ or other wise- ANYONE to lie, or fabricate a review for free product. We have BEGGED and PLEADED in the past (and recently) to not do this. THIS HELPS NOBODY BUT THE VENDOR TO SELL A SHIT PRODUCT.

We are a community for hookah smokers, NOT a community for vendors to try and shoot fish in a barrel.

You can look at my reviews like this. I'm not going to waste my time and my credibility to post up a review, if it's not the truth. Neither would SamB, or the rest of the mods.

I have too much going on in my life, and in my daily grind to screw with liars and drama. So in a nut shell:
1. take responsibility for your reviews and what you say
2.This isn't a vendor driven forum, it's a enthusiasts driven forum.
3. If you don't like what your using/ getting/ whatever say so and be done with it. Vendors are not going to come hunt you down because you don't like a product....
4. We all have different tastes. Different strokes for different folks. It's going to happen, so please don't judge people just because YOU have a problem with a product. And don't call them "biased" because they liked it and you didn't. I like Mya and AF. I really dislike Nakhla, and KM. That doesn't mean they put me up to saying it.

So please, lets stop with this drama, get this thread back on track and get back to smoking, shall we? and sorry this took me what seemed to be hours to type up at work.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:27 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
The HJ Mini Alien Phunnel threads (2) had about 200 replies and 3200 views to date. Hot subject and discussions?
I really don't think its solely because its a new product that these threads have become so popular...
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
I really don't think its solely because its a new product that these threads have become so popular...
Rather ambiguous. Care to elaborate?
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:45 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I think he means Drama, Abu
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I think he means Drama, Abu
Yes KornKitten, I'm thinking back to a certain post in a certain section about a certain subject, and these threads brought that out into the open indirectly.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:58 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Drama?! Never heard of it! LOL
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:23 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Drama?! Never heard of it! LOL
Drama(n)- when people cause unnecessary hardships in others lives just for amusement... or because they are stupid and their personalities are seriously lacking.

Drama llama(n)- drama brought along on internet communities, mainly of the ridiculous type.

Last edited by hookahman1988; March 26th, 2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I can see why a new product by John (well, a re-make and re-design of an existing product) wouldn't be supported much here, but I do think that Mods do have quite a bit more influence when it comes to their opinions, and regular (mostly newer) members reading these posts will tend to lean towards moderator and admin posts. Look at all of Sambooka's video reviews, and even the comments, for example.

Also, this product hasn't even been used by a consumer yet, and I know John isn't a supporting vendor anymore, but I don't see how his product can be put down by our forum leaders when he's not a banned vendor.

I do look forward to trying this bowl out, hopefully it is as good as I hope.

> Mines coming in tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by ZenSilk; March 26th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I can see why a new product by John (well, a re-make and re-design of an existing product) wouldn't be supported much here, but I do think that Mods do have quite a bit more influence when it comes to their opinions, and regular (mostly newer) members reading these posts will tend to lean towards moderator and admin posts. Look at all of Sambooka's video reviews, and even the comments, for example.

Also, this product hasn't even been used by a consumer yet, and I know John isn't a supporting vendor anymore, but I don't see how his product can be put down by our forum leaders when he's not a banned vendor.

I do look forward to trying this bowl out, hopefully it is as good as I hope.

> Mines coming in tomorrow!!!!
Never put down the product. Just the price.
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

so i wake up and check this thread and wtf is going on here? i saw a bunch of stuff and read back to my last post and i dont see what this is all over. was a thread deleted or something? also back on topic i was drinking after work and i was running my mouth for like 45 minutes about wanting my bowl
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:39 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Yes and no Mitchard and Dasebsch,

My personal feelings on the matter:

A lot of people are taking these attacks personally, including the mods and Admins. There has been a lot of "insinuation"over the past few days/ weeks that SamB (and others) are being biased in their reviews. I take offense to this, as I am sure SamB and the other mods do too. Who cares if you paid for a product or not. . Just be HONEST and bam! Wallah! and nobody would care if you purchased it or received free product. This "show your receipt movement" is laughable, not going to get into it why, except to say "Methinks, Thou doth protest too much"....

Andplusalso... Who say's a receipt can't be fabricated?
Or even better, how about real receipts and discount prices? Where does the line of "show me your invoice, so that makes you unbiased" going to be drawn? " Hey KK, Here's your receipt to show how legit you are!!!111!"....... . Will I still be considered unbiased if I have a 10, 20, 45, 60 , HELL 90% discount? I PAID for it didn't I? So do we as a public get to see your Paypal or CC statement so we can then calculate the suggested retail price on the site to your invoice price and then verify that's what you paid? NO, that's freaking ABSURD! Do you get my point?

This is also making me wonder about "fan boys" who sing the praises of inferior products just because they love a particular vendor? Will fan boys get their credibility questioned as well?... I digress.

It all boils down to two things: Either you have integrity or you don't. You can be bought off, and paid for your reviews like banned vendors have done in the past to certain youtube reviewers, or you can be honest about what you have and what you've got. If it tastes like crap, say so. If it is awesome say so. If it's so- so, then SAY SO!

We have NEVER encouraged/ asked / insinuated/ implied/ or other wise- ANYONE to lie, or fabricate a review for free product. We have BEGGED and PLEADED in the past (and recently) to not do this. THIS HELPS NOBODY BUT THE VENDOR TO SELL A SHIT PRODUCT.

We are a community for hookah smokers, NOT a community for vendors to try and shoot fish in a barrel.

You can look at my reviews like this. I'm not going to waste my time and my credibility to post up a review, if it's not the truth. Neither would SamB, or the rest of the mods.

I have too much going on in my life, and in my daily grind to screw with liars and drama. So in a nut shell:
1. take responsibility for your reviews and what you say
2.This isn't a vendor driven forum, it's a enthusiasts driven forum.
3. If you don't like what your using/ getting/ whatever say so and be done with it. Vendors are not going to come hunt you down because you don't like a product....
4. We all have different tastes. Different strokes for different folks. It's going to happen, so please don't judge people just because YOU have a problem with a product. And don't call them "biased" because they liked it and you didn't. I like Mya and AF. I really dislike Nakhla, and KM. That doesn't mean they put me up to saying it.

So please, lets stop with this drama, get this thread back on track and get back to smoking, shall we? and sorry this took me what seemed to be hours to type up at work.
Ah, okay. I didn't know that this kinda stuff had been going on elsewhere. I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up, KK.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

cant wait to make a decent order and get one of these!!
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

i have to wait 7 days!,it got shipped this morning
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
MeeNerS
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MeeNerS

Moved

Last edited by MeeNerS; March 26th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook