Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

in need of help....

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 25th, 2010, 12:28 AM
hookahsmoketeam
Hookah Newbie

Default in need of help....

trying to find a four hose hookah for me and friends to smoke. when we have our sessions it normally consists of the 4 of us fighting over the 2 hose econo qt we have now. and most of the time there are more people other than us 4 and they need their share to. its just frustrating fighting over the 2 hoses. we were looking at the mya paragon but i'm not sure if it is the right choice...
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:36 AM
sebal
Hookah Nut

Default Re: in need of help....

idk if u like this 1 but been reading some good reviews on it
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-139-s...se-hookah.html
or
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1744-...se-hookah.html

dont know if that's in your price range tho

here's a km as well but it's a 3 hose
http://**********.com/KM-BLUE-Pearl-...okah-20752.htm
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:55 AM
hookahsmoketeam
Hookah Newbie

im not to sure i like the rotating hookahs and that mya gyro is a little bit more decorative than we would like... we smoke outside all the time mostly around a fire and we need a steady base that wont tip (which is why our mya qt econo is still around) and the km's just look like they r dying to get tipped over
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:58 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

Vortex Mya Saray Hookah - 4 hose
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1772-...se-hookah.html

My friend has this hookah and it smokes amazingly! The coolest part about this hookah that i like is the fact that the stem screws on the base. So you don't need a grommet for this hookah.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM
we are sharks
Hookah Newbie

Hookah-Shisha.com is generally overpriced. Chinese hookahs are great if you're just starting out but once you smoke an Egyptian or Syrian you will never look back.

The one question I feel is necessary to ask is this: do you really feel that having 3+ hoses on your hookah is a convenience? Without auto-seal hose ports, you'll need to plug the ends of the hoses not being smoked to get optimum smoke out of the hose you're smoking from. If you think about it, well, in my opinion at least, it's much less effort to just pass the hose around. If you're a mysophobe, I'd recommend buying hose tips you can switch out.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:16 AM
hookahsmoketeam
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are sharks View Post
Hookah-Shisha.com is generally overpriced. Chinese hookahs are great if you're just starting out but once you smoke an Egyptian or Syrian you will never look back.

The one question I feel is necessary to ask is this: do you really feel that having 3+ hoses on your hookah is a convenience? Without auto-seal hose ports, you'll need to plug the ends of the hoses not being smoked to get optimum smoke out of the hose you're smoking from. If you think about it, well, in my opinion at least, it's much less effort to just pass the hose around. If you're a mysophobe, I'd recommend buying hose tips you can switch out.
i believe having another 2 hose hookah just bigger might be an alternative but most of the time those 3-4 hoses would almost always be in use...
and for the Egyptian/Syrian hookahs i just cant see myself with one when we are always outside... i just dont think they will be stable enough for us... its all cobble stone back yard and the cracks and dips just do not make it easier
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:23 AM
we are sharks
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahsmoketeam View Post
i believe having another 2 hose hookah just bigger might be an alternative but most of the time those 3-4 hoses would almost always be in use...
and for the Egyptian/Syrian hookahs i just cant see myself with one when we are always outside... i just dont think they will be stable enough for us... its all cobble stone back yard and the cracks and dips just do not make it easier
You have to keep in mind that the vase isn't made of paper. They're very stable considering most of them hold 1-1.5L of water, which is 1-1.5kg on top of the weight of the glass, so unless your bowl weighs more than 1kg the center of gravity on the rig is going to be low enough where nothing short of gale force winds are going to knock it over.

The main reason I argue against multi-hose hookahs is because the first two I owned were chinese 2 hosers. I smoked with a good friend of mine all the time, and one of us would forget to cover the hose with our thumb fairly often. It caused lots of annoyances.

Again though, I'm not trying to talk you out of any purchases, just trying to keep people informed.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

IMO Personally i say dont smoke will so many people at one time.

I rather Horde the hookah al to myself maybe share with one other. if anything get a second 2 hose and have them both going at once.. then you have have 2 flavors going.
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:24 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

I got a Mya Paragon that I gave to a buddy here. I can't speak to longevity but the setup is cool. I got this one used but it came with 4 auto sealing ports, 2 plugs, 1 purge, and one "normal" port. This way you could use the normal port + 2 plugs + purge for when it was a solo or low number session and then just add on all the way up to 4 hoses with either 3 auto sealing + 1 "normal" or 4 auto sealing depending on your preferences.

Not to mention I got it on the cheap anyways...
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM
HookahKev
Hookah Pro

here is the hookah i was looking at getting for when my buddies come over, right now i have a cheap 3 hose, this one is a 4 hose and a KM at a great price i think...... with that said, i think it only comes with the one hose to that might be an issue.

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...okah-p-80.html

i really wanted this one but went with another KM for myself