Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Warden...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 26th, 2010, 01:28 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith
Default The Warden...

Ok HP, help me out with "The Warden?" As some of you may know I'm in prison (joking, my bad for kidding about being married). My wife watches my debit and credit card orders like a hawk, and she DOES NOT support my hookah interest (OK, with my OCD and addictive personality, who can blame her). So in an effort to defeat this, I have managed to save some cash I wanna use towards hookahs, shisha and other related items (yes I know it's hard to hide a hookah, but the other items I can... sad yes I know). My question to you all is how can I purchase off websites and keep it on the down low? I know there are some great minds out there... so HELP!
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:32 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: The Warden...

Well I do not recommend hiding things from your wife, that's not a great practice to get into... but for the sake of minding my own business and getting you the info you need... use your cash to buy a pepaid debit card.

Amex, visa, mastercard (gift cards)... just make sure you got enough for your purchase on there or it won't go through.... like $100.00 visa gift card for a 70.00 purchase. Then use the other 30.00 for groceries or a gift for her (but not on gas unless it's prepaid inside)

I'm pretty fluent in gift cards, but because I get them from my coupon shopping.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:34 AM
kingboyb
Banned

+1 to prepaid debit cards.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:35 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

talk with her and be honest
save you trouble if you get caught
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:38 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Well I do not recommend hiding things from your wife, that's not a great practice to get into...
She's only saying this because she IS a wife! LOL Seriously though, prepaid cards will be your best friend in this situation.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:45 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Question: Anyone have problems with certain vendors now accepting the prepaid cards? Is there an issue with a prepaid card not having a name on it like a debit or credit card? I've never used one, let alone for a internet purchase?
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:47 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
She's only saying this because she IS a wife! LOL Seriously though, prepaid cards will be your best friend in this situation.
Prepaid debit cards are your best bet. Being in the doghouse with the wife/gf/significant other isn't fun.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:52 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Never had a in issue with it. Just do it like you would a regular cc / use your regular billing address/ your regular name/ everything regularly. If you have one declined, just call the vendor and they can manually run the card.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:57 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Prepaid debit cards are your best bet. Being in the doghouse with the wife/gf/significant other isn't fun.
I'm sorry but I keep hearing men say "it's better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission" and that's not how I roll in my house.... You'd be in the doghouse longer if you hid it from me. That also makes women weary about what else you're hiding from them : /
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:05 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I'm sorry but I keep hearing men say "it's better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission" and that's not how I roll in my house.... You'd be in the doghouse longer if you hid it from me. That also makes women weary about what else you're hiding from them : /
Hey thanks for the advice on the issues (gift cards and hiding the purchase)! With that said, another question: Are there cards that you can "load" for various amounts ($100, $200, $300) or set amounts? Can they be "reloaded?"
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:11 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Mmhmm! QFT
Maybe she'll let you smoke in the doghouse

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:17 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Hey, I'm always in the doghouse! KKs gonna kill me for saying this, but marriage can stress ya out... I smoke to relax, but the wife hates me smoking, so she bitches more, so I then have to smoke more to relax! LOL She got my first humidor as a gift, then regretted my cigar hobby (moderation is the key). OK, this is a hookah forum and not a marriage forum, so I'll stop. Just adding some humor without the ladies on HP coming down on my bad!
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:17 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
I really wasn't correlating those 2 statements, it was more a if you have the money and don't want to use a CC or debit card. The pre-paid cards are your best bet for that. I know from experience its not fun doing either, asking for permission to be forgiven for screwing up. Really there is no need to hide it or ask for permission, if it's something you want to do then they should be willing to accept that.
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:18 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
Hey thanks for the advice on the issues (gift cards and hiding the purchase)! With that said, another question: Are there cards that you can "load" for various amounts ($100, $200, $300) or set amounts? Can they be "reloaded?"
Prepaid gift card Visa's are usually reloadable, Amex should be able to be reloadable, and greendot visa is reloadable (sold @ cvs)
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:21 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Quote:
You know KK the "it's better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission" really made me laugh! I'm sorry... And yes I can understand the part of being weary about what else is being hidden.

I just need a "man cave" or "men's crisis center" that I can lock down and keep all my "man-stuff" safe from the "why is that there?" LOL
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

why the pre-paid cards? open up a secret bank account. Or if u have friends that are willing, use their cards and give them the cash. have it shipped to their house as well. That way you can get the shipment in secret and store it wherever it may be needed.
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
You know KK the "it's better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission" really made me laugh! I'm sorry... And yes I can understand the part of being weary about what else is being hidden.

I just need a "man cave" or "men's crisis center" that I can lock down and keep all my "man-stuff" safe from the "why is that there?" LOL
it's called the garage

I guess I've gotten spoiled with the new gf since she enjoys hookah every once and a while and doesn't mind if I smoke it everyday
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

My girlfriend smokes with me.. >.>

I just have to say.. Being a woman, You really shouldn't hide this from your wife. If she has a problem with you smoking, you need to sit her down and talk it out. Find a happy medium, like you only smoke in certain places or times of the day. Its not going to be worth it when she is pissed at you.
Wife > Hookah. In my opinion.. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a woman. Lol.
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:40 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Just a slight warning hell hath no fury like a woman that feels slighted.

Just talk to the missus and sort things out for you got married for better or worse.

Been married 27 years yes I know it is difficult and certain sacrifices was made but still in the end it is worth it. My missus and I still have our disagreements but we normally sort it out and compromise goes from both sides.
Share with your friends on facebook