Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

friend disagreement

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 27th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Default friend disagreement

So my friend and i have a disagreement. He has a habit of leaving shisha in the bowl after we are done smoking and waiting to clean for a day or 2. I think it is making the bowls break down faster.. is this true? we have had 2 bowls break recently, not from being knocked around, but while cleaning and such. Am i wrong? or is laziness actually causing us to go through bowls faster?
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:22 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default Re: friend disagreement

i dont know about it breaking faster but why the hell would you wait a day or two to clean it? Thats like eating off a plate and saying "ill wash it in a few days"
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:55 AM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

I don't see any reason why waiting to clean them would cause this problem. I have quite a few bowls and tend to clean them all at the same time (once a week). They are vortex bowls. It doesn't seem that they are harder to clean and I've never broken one. I guess the rule should be suggested that a clean bowl be available to you when you want to smoke so you don't have to clean one at the start of your session.
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

This should have no impact on the integrity of the bowl. It will ghost the bowl pretty good if you dont clean it as soon as possible though.
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

I hardly ever clean my bowls out after a session and instead wait till the next time i smoke. Now granted that most of the time that is less then a days time but sometimes its a few days and I have never had a bowl break
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
HookahKev
Hookah Pro

right now i only have one bowl, i clean it after every session just because i would like a clean bowl not sitting there with left overs in it. I also clean off the tray, top of stem and bowl grommet with hot water in the sink when i clean my bowl.

waiting for my new vortex to come in, cant wait to try it and clean it
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
caveman
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to caveman

I sometimes can't clean mine for a day or two and I have never had a problem, I dont think it would damage the bowl.
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:13 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

doesnt matter, clean it, dont clean it

just clean it well when you do clean it
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:14 AM
ryon
Hookah Nut

It cant damage anything truthfully
No ghosting or anything.
Ive done it a few times
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM
mitchard
Banned

I have had a couple normal Egyptian bowls just crumble in my hands. Even though I took good care of them, they were just made out of shitty clay and it didn't take much stress to make them give out.
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

I do this all the time and have never had a problem. Don't be so rough with your bowls
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:59 AM
erok623
Hookah Nut

yah im not too sure if leaving in for a couple days would break down the bowl... my guess is if you leave the shisha sitting in the bowl for a couple days you would have to scrub a little bit harder because the juices had dried up on the bowl. so maybe if your scrubbing the bowl harder you could be wearing it down a bit. i rather just clean it right away just cuz the juices are much more easier to clean off when its still warm.

26"KM Kafae / 28"MZ Oracle / 17"Egyptian / 10"Blueberry Hookah / MYA Bambino
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok623 View Post
yah im not too sure if leaving in for a couple days would break down the bowl... my guess is if you leave the shisha sitting in the bowl for a couple days you would have to scrub a little bit harder because the juices had dried up on the bowl. so maybe if your scrubbing the bowl harder you could be wearing it down a bit. i rather just clean it right away just cuz the juices are much more easier to clean off when its still warm.
I find that to not be true either. I had a little juice from some Mizo that some how landed on my desk, and I forgot to clean it right then an there (as I would have normally :X). And then I didn't use my desktop for about a week, therefore I didn't see or think about it. And just about an hour ago I wiped it up :3 there is no residue and it wasn't solid. I think it's because the sugars don't have any solids to solidfy, unless frozen.
TL; DR Being lazy here is okay.

Last edited by Scarcity; March 27th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

well i guess we have had the vortex bowl for quite some time.. i guess i was due for it to break anyway... lol.
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

I've had my vortex bowl since November, haven't used another bowl since, and more often than not I don't get to clean my bowl out right away. One time it sat for three days.. Obviously I cleaned it out extremely well before I used it, but mine is fine. Doesn't feel like its going to break anytime soon.
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarcity View Post
I find that to not be true either. I had a little juice from some Mizo that some how landed on my desk, and I forgot to clean it right then an there (as I would have normally :X). And then I didn't use my desktop for about a week, therefore I didn't see or think about it. And just about an hour ago I wiped it up :3 there is no residue and it wasn't solid. I think it's because the sugars don't have any solids to solidfy, unless frozen.
TL; DR Being lazy here is okay.
Dunno, but I find that nakhla really gunks up the vortex (including mizo) after just one sesh, more so than any other tobacco and that I really have to scrub it to get the bowl clean.

And to the OP, yea I doubt that it matters much, I've had one seating for god knows how long after each time I'd smoke and it's fine and still used.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook