Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah mythbusters ?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Default Re: hookah mythbusters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebal View Post
i have seen a video online. google search hookah vs cigarettes, some 1 did a cotton filter to see how much crap came out of it.
Really? It proved how you can get half a carton worth of smoke out of 20g of tobacco?
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Kazz
Hookah Newbie

in the video it showed that the hookah smoke cotton filter was still white, but when the cigarette was run through the filter (with new cotton) it was yellow and brown.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:42 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

also what was the deal with the copyright violation on the sound?personally id use a p99 particle filter over the same size opening but thats just me
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Kazz
Hookah Newbie

they probably used a copyrighted song
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:50 PM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
about 3 days ago my and my friends went to the lounge and got a milk base,and blueberry shisha,i thought i was eating breakfast,and it gave thicker smoke for us,i have done it like 3 times and it always does for me
thats an interesting idea, so did they just put milk in the base or what? you'd think after about an hour or so the milk would kinda get warm & make it taste weird
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey void View Post
thats an interesting idea, so did they just put milk in the base or what? you'd think after about an hour or so the milk would kinda get warm & make it taste weird
I could see that happening.. the other issue is you need to clean your hookah right after smoking.. because i would not want to leave warm milk sitting in my hookah for any amount of time.
But anyway i think the idea of taking time to test out many factors such as bowl difference, foil/screen, foil hole patterns, warm water/ice water and the significant amount of other differences that need to be debunked.. would be AWESOME. I should have done this for the science fair back when i was in school.. they might not have approved though... lol. But seriously, i think the best thing to do would be to get 2 of the same hookahs (or more for even more accuracy and do side by side testing. Perhaps my friends and i should approach the Federal Bureau of alcohol tobacco and firearms and ask for a grant to do some research into the subject. Or propose the idea to a local college to study, but that would also mean i don't get to participate in the study.. unless i volunteer, which of course i would.
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

You can only compare such things if you have EXACTLY the same hookah, almost exactly the same water level, same bowl, same foil, same packing method, same hose, all the same, except the thing you want to compare
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineal View Post
I don't think that would actually be possible to do. There was a kid in Malaysia who had a cigarette and a lighter in his locker. When it was found his teacher made him smoke 42 cigarettes in over two hours and he couldn't eat for five days. Even when I smoke fast it normally takes me about 4-5 minutes to smoke a cig which would be about 12 cigarettes in an hour. Unless you smoke more than one at a time I don't think that anyone could do it.
Years ago, a lot of them, I had a professor that walked into class each day with a plastic bucket and a carton of lucky strike unfiltered cigarettes. He'd say a few words, suck down a whole cig in a single drag and speak a minute or so before inhaling another cig. In the course of a two hour lecture he went through roughly four or five packs. When I went into the editing lab he'd easily go though a carton in the course of four or so hours. Apparently he smoked about one and a half cartons a day and it never ceased to amaze me that he wasn't dead every time I saw him. The guy listened to Blue Cheer, The 50 Foot Hose and Randy Holden solo stuff all the time and was a totally far out film maker inspired by Stan Brakage, Maya Deren and people to weird to describe.

Bottom line is that the dangers of cigarettes are wildly over stated and if my old prof couldn't smoke 5 packs in an hour I don't think anyone could. Obviously nothing you put in a hookah could be the equivalent of 100 cigarettes since moassel isn't burned and all of the countries that have narghiles as part of the local culture would have been depopulated hundreds of years ago if the hype was real.
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

might be a dumb question (and i completely agree with everyone that hookah is no way close to being as bad as cigs) but from what i understand cigs turn ur teeth yellow? will constant hookah smoking do the same?
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
hookahfire
Hookah Nut

Ice in the vase will definitely help for a smoother draw.
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz188 View Post
might be a dumb question (and i completely agree with everyone that hookah is no way close to being as bad as cigs) but from what i understand cigs turn ur teeth yellow? will constant hookah smoking do the same?
Nope hookah wont do the same. The tar in cigs turns your teeth yellow but there is no tar in hookah so your teeth wont turn yellow.
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey void View Post
we where there for 3 house and it tasted the same at the end as it did in the start,i m going to get it again when i go back,i highly recommend it
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:45 AM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories View Post
I could see that happening.. the other issue is you need to clean your hookah right after smoking.. because i would not want to leave warm milk sitting in my hookah for any amount of time.
But anyway i think the idea of taking time to test out many factors such as bowl difference, foil/screen, foil hole patterns, warm water/ice water and the significant amount of other differences that need to be debunked.. would be AWESOME. I should have done this for the science fair back when i was in school.. they might not have approved though... lol. But seriously, i think the best thing to do would be to get 2 of the same hookahs (or more for even more accuracy and do side by side testing. Perhaps my friends and i should approach the Federal Bureau of alcohol tobacco and firearms and ask for a grant to do some research into the subject. Or propose the idea to a local college to study, but that would also mean i don't get to participate in the study.. unless i volunteer, which of course i would.
yes right after you are done,turn in the hot water and clean the hookah,the milk would dry and making it all nasty
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:06 AM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
we where there for 3 house and it tasted the same at the end as it did in the start,i m going to get it again when i go back,i highly recommend it
awsome! so it's just plane ol vitamin D milk you can get at the store? nothing special like ice or anything added? i may hafta give that a shot, maby do a vid review on it
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:20 AM
pirashoes
Hookah Newbie

wouldnt recommend washing your base with hot water right away. shifting from extreme cold to extreme hot is definitely gonna make your base crack faster
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook