Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Who is your favorite vendor?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Default Re: Who is your favorite vendor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Thats the criteria she uses, why question it Gnu? Its her perogative as to who she likes and what criteria she uses. But I do believe what she was saying is that she supports supporting vendors, that means more to her than you I guess.
because its my nature to figure out why people do things and not just go "lol ur dum".
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

In no particular order:
Hookah-Shisha
HookahStore.com

I've recently made more orders from Hookahstore due to their pricing and discounts.
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Well I'm a newbie, so I'm trying them all, starting with the ones with the best reviews, but still learning from my own experience. To date, my favorite is John from www.**********.com Can't beat a guy who returns e-mail with an e-mail or call within minutes!
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I go for three things when looking for my vendors, I like several but :
1. Do they support HP?
2. Who has the best prices/ deals.
3. Who's closest to me so I can get my stuff quick.

I've had positive experiences with almost every vendor here at HP and they are all my favorites depending on what I need to buy and when.
I always try to look for HP supporting vendors, because not only do you get discount codes, but you know they are here to support the community. From there i usually look at selection from a few vendors based on what i want to order, and then compare price points(and i try to factor in shipping). I had been using **********.com and Hookah-shisha.com.. which are both excellent vendors IMO, i recently wanted to try the hookahhookah brand, and while Hookah-shisha.com is in the process of implementing it and other new products, they don't have the shots. so I picked through several vendors and stumbled on urbanhookah.com.. i haven't recieved my order yet, but the prices were very reasonable. While i think you may find vendors other ways, a supporting vendor for this site is the best way to go (unless you live in another country perhaps) because you will get a better deal with discount codes, and they can't be a terrible vendor without people here giving them terrible reviews.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Lately the only thing I look for is if they sell DM. Why can't H1 support HP ;-;
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:50 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarcity View Post
Lately the only thing I look for is if they sell DM. Why can't H1 support HP ;-;
Gotta love Hookah1 I thank God for their DM selection. I'm sure at the price they sell DM for, the profit margin is slim? I believe if you mention you are a HP member they throw in a 50 gram of Cleopatra!
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_j_smith View Post
Gotta love Hookah1 I thank God for their DM selection. I'm sure at the price they sell DM for, the profit margin is slim? I believe if you mention you are a HP member they throw in a 50 gram of Cleopatra!
It's like their just giving money away!
:3
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

True, H1 makes pennies on a 300g of DM. They sell it because Kamal believes in the product and likes it himself. Thankfully he doesnt jack the price up to $20 per 300g so he can be a supporting vendor. He has other business ventures and H1 is a side deal for him. But we are talking and hopefully will work something out in the future.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Hookah1.com is who I've been buying my tobacco from lately. I love Desi Murli with a bizarre passion and Kamal has the best selection and the best prices. I decided a few months ago that I need to broaden my choices as to who I purchase my hookah supplies from. I usually stick to HJ, but I feel the need to explore the other vendors and see what they have to offer, it's only fair, how can you say Vendor A is the best if you've never tried Vendors B-F
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
True, H1 makes pennies on a 300g of DM. They sell it because Kamal believes in the product and likes it himself. Thankfully he doesnt jack the price up to $20 per 300g so he can be a supporting vendor. He has other business ventures and H1 is a side deal for him. But we are talking and hopefully will work something out in the future.
Give Kamal a great big old THANKS from all of his DM & Hookah1 fans at HP! I'm very thankful he offers such a great product at a hard to believe price. Thanks to all of you at HP for getting me into DM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
pampinboy0815
Hookah Newbie

i would say my top five are
**********.com
Hookah-shihsa.com
texashookah.com
hookahcompany.com
socialsmoke.com
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:12 PM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1

I dont have much patience so when i make an order I want a vendor who will ship same day or the next day. So far from the vendors ive ordered from ********** is the only one who has done this. Fastest Shipping.
Ive ordered from

Hookahhookah
Hookah-shisha
NazarHookah
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

SocialSmoke
Hookah-Shisha
Hookahstore
And TexasHookah have all treated me well
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

hookah-shisha.com i like the point system.
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

hookahset 1
hookah1 2
college-vendor 4
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

i'd say hookah-shisha first then hookah-john, those are really the only two vendors i've ordered from enough to have an opinion on. HS sent me the right flavor but wrong brand once and credited me for the box of shisha and sent me a free box of whatever i wanted (one of the freebie boxes with my KM...i wouldn't normally complain but it was Al Waha), and i love their points system. John is great, and his CS is normally pretty good, but i've had at least one email fall through somewhere which led to a slightly incomplete order (not a huge deal, was just a base that i wanted...didn't need, just wanted to replace my wobbly one), and there wasn't much of an offer to reconsile, i would have been more than happy to snag it from him, but i really didn't want to have to pay for shipping again
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

My favourtite vendor is Shishabuzz.com. Great customer service, good selection of products that are hard to get in Europe and excellent prices. Can't beat that combination.
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

best for me so far is Hookahstore.com
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM
denali7432
Banned

my favorite is
hookah john
hookah company
hooka1
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I only buy from vendors who conduct themselves in a professional manner and support Hookah Pro. I also buy from Hookah1, because they are the DM hookup.
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
so if some random vendor donated 50% of his profits here and costs 10x more youd use them? i dont see how the top 3 arent price/selection of what you want, not screwing up orders, and customer service

Obviously, you need to go back and re-read my post. Since you apparently pick and choose what you read and went off the deep end with it. Anyone who knows me, knows I am very cheap and frugal when it comes to my money.

(Shit, this is coming from a girl who hasn't paid actual cash for beauty products, soap, shampoo, drinks, photobooks, whatever in well over two years because stores PAY ME to take it off their shelves. Go to "http://iheartsavingmoney.blogspot.com/ and see my blog and my stockpiles of free stuff I get using coupons and deal planning) If it's free, it's me.

1. I primarily support vendors who support us. If they give discounts to our members, our elites, and donate to help keep this site running why shouldn't I give them a some of my hard earned cash and support them? They don't HAVE to support us, Just like I don't HAVE to support them, but I choose to do so, because it's the right thing. I like our supporting vendors and want to keep them in business and show them, that their time, effort and investments are worth imputing into this community.

2. Which you missed* my 2nd line of qualifications... PRICE. If their prices are outrageous, or not on par with the rest, I'm not going to use them. If they are a fraction higher, I will support them if they have the items I need. 9/10 out of 10 with their promocodes on this site, I don't pay retail. I take advantage of their free shipping offers in conjunction with their promocodes.

3. I see what I need, when I need it and how long it will take to get to me. I usually order from those closest to me. I live in FL and I hate when my order takes forever to arrive. I am impatient like that and 9/10 when I order I'm close to being out of supplies.

So, I factor in ALL three things when ordering. There are non supporting vendors I support who have items I need/ want/desire and order from them when I have extra cash lying around, but it's not often.

Customer service is a factor,but I don't think I have used anyone's customer service in MONTHS, if not years because all of the vendors are primarily great vendors. I don't call and chat about my orders, I usually place them on line @ 2 am in the morning and then my junk gets sent out, it's right, and that's that. ......
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

hookah-shisha
hookah1
hookahstore
hookah john

Great service and great products and great sites and they always treat me with respect. I agree "most" of the popular vendors are always good. And is it just me or are people acting really pissed off on the forums. Well anyways Ive also heard good things about texas hookah, and nazar hookah.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:53 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

so far im liking hookah-shisha.com
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

oh you take them all into account. i assumed that they did it like tie breaker criteria. like in the bcs how if they are tied then they go to the first thing. and if they are tied they go to the next until one is better than the other. because thats what i do and some times its come to bite me in the ass when i get a box with the wrong stuff in it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook