Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I'm mostly back

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Default Re: I'm mostly back

Welkom terug my antieke friend Hoop dat jy vinnig sal aansterk.

Welcome back Hajo missed you my friend here in Zuma land all is going as usual sent you my e-mail addy.

John
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Welcome back. have a quick and speedy recovery. And I would gladly sample some The Pride of Al-Qamishli

Last edited by Zech Lyter; March 30th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Hajo, welcome back, i have not crossed paths with you yet, but I have heard you mentioned quite a few times, and from what I understand your a fellow tradionalist. I look foward to getting to know you in the community
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am very comforted by all of the posters that wish me well and the interest in my well being. I think that something is going on that has permitted me to keep muddling along although I can't say what it is exactly or why I am still sucking air when I clearly shouldn't be. Anyway, it's good to be moving around again and well I can't say I like going back to the routine of haggling with politicos, bureaucrats and banksters about contractual crap it's infinitely better then my recent existence.

One neat aspect of my recent internment was that I got to spend some time with a tough as nails Syrian Coloneland got to talk about pan Arabism, Ba'athism and military life from a perspective totally different then mine which is good to have. I also got to talk with a big shot politico guy in the next bed over and found out that he reads HP and listens to Bo Diddly, The Yardbirds and Bevis Frond which is so far out I can't find words to describe it. I also got to learn a bit about the Alawite people since my chief surgeon is one ethnically but religiously is an Orthodox Christian which is odd to say the least. He's married to a Circassian which is an ethnicity you hear about but never encounter. My surgeon was also the fellow that introduced me to "The Pride of Al-Qamishli" moassel and is one of people that helps make it. He even had me help out in making some which was a very cool way to get a bit of tobacco lore under my belt.

I also got to met the cultural legend Sabri Moudallal (not at the hospital) and chap named Shaoubi that plays an amazing instrument called the jza which is new to me.

Oh, i'll have a post about The Pride of Al-Qamishli and how a few of you all can get a bit of it in the near term.
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Man you must have the memory of an elephant! I love to hear of your travels and you seem to recall them so vividly. Glad you are on the up and up.
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Dude! If this keeps up you're gonna have to trade yourself in on a newer model!
Glad to see you're on the mend.
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:21 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

wow, that is such a great story, i need to do some traveling on my own when i get out of college!!!
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

One thing that I wish I was conscious for was that an Orthodox priest and few of his followers showed up and did some chanting for the Christians in the ward. Apparently Syrian Christian chants are a more rhythmic variant on the Western styles of old and done modes just like we do it.

One thing i've learned is that id that if the pain intense enough you stop hurting for brief moment before you bass out and you just kind of get hit with sensory overload. The sensation is basically what I can only call electric. I also know that hospital food is uniformly banal that you know you have a good surgeon when he invites you into his office to smoke jurak.
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:57 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
One thing that I wish I was conscious for was that an Orthodox priest and few of his followers showed up and did some chanting for the Christians in the ward. Apparently Syrian Christian chants are a more rhythmic variant on the Western styles of old and done modes just like we do it.

One thing i've learned is that id that if the pain intense enough you stop hurting for brief moment before you bass out and you just kind of get hit with sensory overload. The sensation is basically what I can only call electric. I also know that hospital food is uniformly banal that you know you have a good surgeon when he invites you into his office to smoke jurak.

Wow, that's awesome!! Doesn't smoking raise your blood pressure for a period, how could he mend you if you have hypertension!!

Glad to see you back Hajo - "They Can Rebuild Him, They Have The Technology!"
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Gloster my friend, it's great to see the language of the old homestead in use! Thanks!

ZS, my Surgeon doesn't subscribe to moassel or tobacco in general as anything other then as a thing that makes life better. He smokes all the time while in his office and once my condition got stable and not so dire he invited me in for a smoke now and again. That is what I call the pleasurable way to recover!

As to rebuilding me, well, all the king's horses and all the kind's men can't put old Hajo back together again!
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:52 AM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

well if they couldnt put you back togetter,they came damn close,its great to hear your storys and know that a fellow HP member is doing well and recovering,and has a great doc thats taking care of you,and learning so much about different things
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook