Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Social Smoke hookah bag

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Default Social Smoke hookah bag

I searched but didn't find anything... Have any of you ever purchased/used a social smoke hookah bag? Their advertising on their site makes it look like a good buy. But I'm a little hesitant to buy it, since the bag I recieved from H-S was total garbage(and it's advertising looked appealing too). The last thing I want to do is to buy a bag that's too wide and completely useless.
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Social Smoke hookah bag

Ehh IMO, just get a regular gym bag. It works just as good or even better since most of the gym bags nowadays have compartments and good padding.
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Yeah, but the problem with a gym bag would be that it's too wide to hold the hookah firm in place. This is what happened with the H-S bag I was sent, and since it was so wide it was completely useless. The hookah would fly around everywhere in there and eventually my vase would've broken. That's why I was looking at the social smoke ones, because they seem to be tighter and better designed.

The hookah bag I had recieved for my 33" Egyptian is pefect! It holds the entire hookah firmly in place and leaves no space for it to move. The only problem with this one is that a wide vase like on my Mya (pyramid shape) doesn't fit. A smaller Egyptian vase does but not a wide one like on most Mya's and J and R Syrians.

I've got a Syrian arriving soon, so I want to find something qualified to protect it...
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

That is pretty true. But the downside is, is that if you do end up getting the bag, it may or may not fit. It's gonna suck if you end up buying a bag that doesn't fit. Hehe maybe you should get another smaller bag the the gym bag, put your hookah into that one, and then put it all in your gym bag. You'll get more padding for your hookah and then you'll have room for accessories
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

I thought the HS bags had the straps on the inside to strap your hookah in...
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
cast1e06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to cast1e06

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinthecity
when i got my hookah from HS it came with a bag that had straps and its seemed to have worked fine for me so far
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

I've got my KM in a tool box lol
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
They do...They're COMPLETE GARBAGE! USELESS...I had made a thread of this situation not too long ago. They had sent me a shitty bag for my $200 Mya that I had just finished purchasing. They were supposed to send me a hard case like all Mya's get, but ended up sending me this shitty bag under the excuse that "supposedly" my specific Mya was to tall for a hard carrying case. Which in the end was total BS since I eventually purchased a Mya case myself, and it fits just fine.

I don't want to have to go through all that drama again just to protect my hookah, so I wanted to see if anyone could tell me if the social smoke ones are worth buying or not...

And yeah, those straps....so ridiculous it's not even funny. They're made out of cheap and weak velcro. I tried straping my Mya in them but two problems appeared. First, the hookah was too short to reach the top strap. So this means the hookah would've been flying everyhwere since the top and entire mid section of the stem was just free floating. Mind you, this is a 30 inch Mya we're talking about.

Then the bottom strap was so cheap and weak that the slightest tug or tilt of the hookah would make it come apart. Now try to imagine a hookah that has to be carried inside this kind of a bag on a daily basis to smoke outdoors. The inevitable would eventually happen, which is broken vase. Vases are expensive nowadays, specially for Mya's...
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

If anyone is interested in the original "crappy hookah bag" thread go here:

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index...11665#msg11665
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

I just can't imagine how much bouncing around you're going to put this hookah through when carrying it...

IMO, if you can't be sure someone else can do something for you, do it yourself. Go to UPS or FEDEX and buy some big bubble wrap and make yourself a base pouch with bubble wrap and tape. Then when it's in your carrying case, it will be more protected. Unless you are throwing the bag from person to person, I think a normal gym bag would be fine.

If not, GL with the SS bag, it looks a lot tighter and also adjustable.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:44 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I just can't imagine how much bouncing around you're going to put this hookah through when carrying it...

IMO, if you can't be sure someone else can do something for you, do it yourself. Go to UPS or FEDEX and buy some big bubble wrap and make yourself a base pouch with bubble wrap and tape. Then when it's in your carrying case, it will be more protected. Unless you are throwing the bag from person to person, I think a normal gym bag would be fine.

If not, GL with the SS bag, it looks a lot tighter and also adjustable.
That's a good suggestion, but seems like too much work and too ghetto...I also transport my hookah in my car (obviously). Do you know how many *** holes and uneven roads there are in Miami? Plenty to break a fragile glass vase in the trunk and then some! I can tell you don't smoke outdoors...
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:48 AM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster

That's a good suggestion, but seems like too much work and too ghetto...I also transport my hookah in my car (obviously). Do you know how many *** holes and uneven roads there are in Miami? Plenty to break a fragile glass vase in the trunk and then some! I can tell you don't smoke outdoors...
I never have, but I plan on it soon. It may be a little more work, but I think I'm going to go the toolbox route for my KM.

My rough layout in my mind is: (from bottom of toolbox to top)

egg crate foam (points up)
lay stem diagonally
egg crate foam (points down)
then I'll lay the base on top of that and just wrap it in bubble wrap.

I plan on carrying a cheap "bookbag" (one of the ones that is just a pouch and two strings to go around your arms) for supplies, but I think that will keep my hookah pretty safe. Plus, when I'm not carrying it, the 2 foam layers and bubble wrap will just stay in the box..
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:49 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Acrylic base FTW.
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Buy another Mya hard case
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:39 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Buy another Mya hard case
Actually, I have an extra one laying around. But the problem I think I'm going to run into, is that the Syrian base won't fit. Due to it being a much taller vase than the short (but wide) pyramid Mya base. I will certainy test fit it, and see if I have some luck.

Still, nobody in here has ever seen/used a social smoke hookah bag? I thought there would've been at least a few people who had used it...
Old February 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
I searched but didn't find anything... Have any of you ever purchased/used a social smoke hookah bag? Their advertising on their site makes it look like a good buy. But I'm a little hesitant to buy it, since the bag I recieved from H-S was total garbage(and it's advertising looked appealing too). The last thing I want to do is to buy a bag that's too wide and completely useless.
Where did you order your syrian from? You should send us pics
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast
Where did you order your syrian from? You should send us pics
I ordered it from Jimmy over at J and R. What I really like about it, is the fact that he basically did a custom set up for me. The stem is gorgeous and I think it's the most beautiful Syrian I've ever seen. Jimmy was really cool throughout the whole process as well. He answered all of my questions quick and helped me get the type of Syrian I was looking for.

I will be posting a detailed review both on the Syrian as well as J and R as a vendor once it arrives. I think it's only a few more days till it gets here. And I'll definetly post pics...
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
High_Society
Hookah Newbie

I got a bag from SS when I ordered their rotator. I like it alot. it keeps the hookah tight in there. There is nice padding around it and of course has the SS logo on it. The only issue that I have for it is that there is only a small pocket in the inside to hold a bowl but other than that there is no room for coals or shisha.

I works well though I used to have my hookah in the trunk of my car and it still looks new.

Hope this helps
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Hookah master....any luck on finding a compatible bag?
Old February 9th, 2008, 01:20 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Thank you High_Society, that's exactly what I wanted to hear... I wanted someone with actual experience to comment on its quality. Well, I think I might give it a shot and order it within the next few weeks.

HookahETC: I still haven't found anything else other than the social smoke bag, but High Society said it was pretty good, so I might just try it. I wish more hookah companies would make quality carrying bags, I think it would sell well.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook