Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
vB is a great front end, and is the software allows it, that would be a solution IMHO, and would go a long way towards helping people not feel as if they are walking on eggshells just for posting their opinion.
Like all the mods have said you are not walking on eggshells, they will issue you a friendly warning first.
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
jboffill
Banned

I FEEL LIKE IM BACK IN CUBA. WHERE MY PARENTS OR I COULD NOT TALK OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE ENEMY (HJ) THIS IS SUH A DICTATORSHIP. I WONDER WHERE THIS "COMMUNITY" IS GOING.

AND WHERE IS SAM IN ALL OF THIS. EVERY OTHER MOD HAS SOMETHING TO SAY BUT HIM?

Last edited by jboffill; April 4th, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

The main problem with the ban is( i believe he should have been banned for the SS remark on its own and when you put the rest of the rule breaking in, no doubt he deserves to go) that his such a great vendor, his business ethics might be in questions but to his customers his top class, and most of the people on here like him and order from him regularily.

But i feel when i recommend someone i would recommend him or Alvin(hookahstore) but that wont be possible, so new people on here might get refferred to other sites that dont have products that they want or arent as good as John, its a complicated situation since he was so active and well known here, but hope Mods and SamB come up with a good solution, and hope to see John back

Patel done in this thread, way too much drama, dont know how the Mods can stand it
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboffill View Post
I FEEL LIKE IM BACK IN CUBA. WHERE MY PARENTS OR I COULD NOT TALK OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE ENEMY (HJ) THIS IS SUH A DICTATORSHIP. I WONDER WHERE THIS "COMMUNITY" IS GOING.

AN WHERE IS SAM IN ALL OF THIS. EVERY OTHER MOD HAS SOMETHING TO SAY BUT HIM?

Jboffill...SamB will say something when he feels it is needed (not trying to speak for you SamB) He might be away for the holiday weekend. He does have a life outside of Hookahpro. And as far as not mentioning HJ, it's one of the rules you agree to when you sign up for the forum. We all know the rules, we all agree to them...members, Mods, Vendors, Admin. We all have to follow them. Even the rules that say we can't mention banned vendors.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
LemonJPooding
Hookah Nut

Wow this is crazy! In all honesty it saddens me that a hookah vendor that was an active member would do something like that. But it makes me happy and proud that hookahpro has the balls to step up and take care of the problem instead of just letting it go by. Good job Sambooka and all the mods who helped take care of this problem!
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
The main problem with the ban is( i believe he should have been banned for the SS remark on its own and when you put the rest of the rule breaking in, no doubt he deserves to go) that his such a great vendor, his business ethics might be in questions but to his customers his top class, and most of the people on here like him and order from him regularily.
John wasnt wrong in his statement. SS tobacco is not made entirely in the USA. Thats all he said.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Jride
Banned

BTW, Everyone sticking up for Sam saying "respect him because he pays for this site with his own money". Heres a newsflash.. How much is server fees a month for a website like this?

I recently talked to John and he said hes been paying aprox $150 a month for 2 years. Wow, Im almost positive that would cover server costs alone (and then some). And look how many other sponsoring vendors and banner ads we have on the site.

Sam is making money, aint no question about it. MODS, feel free to stick up and defend. Unless you personally know Sam and seen his bank statements. You honestly cant defend him. If you honestly can prove me wrong, then feel free.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:

AND WHERE IS SAM IN ALL OF THIS. EVERY OTHER MOD HAS SOMETHING TO SAY BUT HIM?
First off, do not make this out to be a military dictatorship. Second, we have had vendors banned before, and John was aware of them and how they are ignored, and honestly he supported the way they were treated. John then broke many rules and was warned about all of them, each time being told, her cannot do that anymore and that if he does, he'll get in trouble. Guess what, it finally caught up to him and he finally did.

Third, Sam has a personal life and doesnt exactly make a living paying for us to use his bandwidth on this website.

---

In summation, just read this:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showp...&postcount=193

....and realize that it wasnt one small thing, it was several things, and at one point:

you can allow
1)yourself
2)your investment (this site)
3)and your ideals (to have free space for the hookah smoker not the offending groupie having hookah vendor)

to get walked on,

or you take a stand and do what both parties know is right, and stick to your word of punishment.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
BTW, Everyone sticking up for Sam saying "respect him because he pays for this site with his own money". Heres a newsflash.. How much is server fees a month for a website like this?

I recently talked to John and he said hes been paying aprox $150 a month for 2 years. Wow, Im almost positive that would cover server costs alone (and then some). And look how many other sponsoring vendors and banner ads we have on the site.

Sam is making money, aint no question about it. MODS, feel free to stick up and defend. Unless you personally know Sam and seen his bank statements. You honestly cant defend him. If you honestly can prove me wrong, then feel free.
You know Jride, SamBs personal finances are really none of your business or the business of anyone else here. HJ was banned, it happened. Please accept that fact that it has happened, so we can all move onto towards a peaceful coexistence with one another.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Ok i was want to add some calculations to this for you if its 150 a month for 1 year that is $1800 for one year, then if you break that down that would mean that he would need to get 72 donations to cover one year, sounds like a lot. Then for 2 years it would be $3600 for 2 years thats a lot of money for someone who doesnt own a business and can easily make profits. that a total of that means in 2 years he needs 144 members to donate in order to cover the fees and this might not include other bills and fees that might come along. Let me remind you he needs to receive those donations EVERY year to cover the costs. This is all with Johns prices so imagine what Sambookas is like with such a big community...
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjr210 View Post
Ok i was want to add some calculations to this for you if its 150 a month for 1 year that is $1800 for one year, then if you break that down that would mean that he would need to get 72 donations to cover one year, sounds like a lot. Then for 2 years it would be $3600 for 2 years thats a lot of money for someone who doesnt own a business and can easily make profits. that a total of that means in 2 years he needs 144 members to donate in order to cover the fees and this might not include other bills and fees that might come along. Let me remind you he needs to receive those donations EVERY year to cover the costs. This is all with Johns prices so imagine what Sambookas is like with such a big community...
I couldnt understand what you wrote because I think you misread my statement.

JOHN paid Sam approx $150 a month for 2 years. I have no idea what the server costs. But Im saying John probably covers it alone. And think of all the vendors on this site.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
jboffill
Banned

wow you guys really do jump when the owner and mods say jump.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanhonestpuckx View Post
You know Jride, SamBs personal finances are really none of your business or the business of anyone else here. HJ was banned, it happened. Please accept that fact that it has happened, so we can all move onto towards a peaceful coexistence with one another.
Its not peaceful. This forum turned into something else. Its a business with people lining their pockets.

I honestly dont care John was banned anymore. He has his own forum and hes happy.

Real recognizes real.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:30 PM
jboffill
Banned

LOL hey Tangiersfan, nice post for being your first one. YOur gonna make it to places someday.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Jride
Banned

PS. Its kinda annoying having all the mods and mini deputy mods running around protecting sambooka just because they have a "job" on this site. Let the man speak for himself.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
what?,you leave because a vender is gone,that childish,but everyone has their own opinions
who said I was leaving? Im just saying that HP's reputation is getting trashed by this incident.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM
jboffill
Banned

Jride how much you wanna bet we're going to bet banned? i'll buy you a beer and smoke a hookah when you come to atlanta.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
PS. Its kinda annoying having all the mods and mini deputy mods running around protecting sambooka just because they have a "job" on this site. Let the man speak for himself.

QFT. Kind of defeats the purpose of an open forum when you have to walk on eggshells around the entire place.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
jboffill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
who said I was leaving? Im just saying that HP's reputation is getting trashed by this incident.
And its needed bc to call them selfs a "Community" its trash, im sorry but a real community would talk to their members and work shit out as a group, not as an individual.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Jride how much you wanna bet we're going to bet banned? i'll buy you a beer and smoke a hookah when you come to atlanta.
I honestly dont care much anymore. After this incident, you really see how corrupt some people are.

And how moderators are lashing back FAST if anything bad is said about Sambooka. They are just swinging from his beard in full force.

Props Sambooka, you made a great website that started as a hobby, turned to a business and your making $$$$. I hope one day to become as successful as you.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
You do realize we only ban those who have broken the rules, right?
Feel free to continue to discuss this how you will, continue to purchase from john, we dont care. We just want you to make sure these forums stay clean, and have a general order to them. That is why we have the rules, you know, the ones that John broke.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
jboffill
Banned

wait for it.......... wait for it............ jride, jboffill you are banned for not licking SamB's ass.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Enough mod bashing, if you want banned just send me a PM and I will delete your acct. This is so childish.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

i think it's time to lock this thread, just me saying
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Enough mod bashing, if you want banned just send me a PM and I will delete your acct. This is so childish.

Roflmao, I think someone just got a PM!