Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
who said I was leaving? Im just saying that HP's reputation is getting trashed by this incident.
OHH ok,thanks for clearning it up sui lol,yea i know what you mean but the good people at hp can rebuild it
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Men are respectable only as they respect. This isnt just childish its ridiculous.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebal View Post
i think it's time to lock this thread, just me saying
+1 this thread is starting to get out of hand with people calling out Sam and insulting all of the mods.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
OHH ok,thanks for clearning it up sui lol,yea i know what you mean but the good people at hp can rebuild it
I sure hope so, I still love this forum, but WTF is with all these new faces becoming dep. Mods? and WTF is a dep. mod?

I'm pretty sure the MODs atm do a great job already, at both keeping this website clean and deleting accounts.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
jvoffill
Banned

Quote:
Roflmao, I think someone just got a PM!
No one got PM. They just delete the account.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
+1 this thread is starting to get out of hand with people calling out Sam and insulting all of the mods.
Just want to make all my statements clear as on MODs, I am not trying to insult the MODs themselves, I just want to know why we all of a sudden have new mods popping up everyday? Is HP in a state of riot? Did we get attacked by spammers?!
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvoffill View Post
No one got PM. They just delete the account.
OH SHIT!
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've been rather weary about this thread since I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the instances that led to John getting the boot. I also hold Samb in high regard and proudly call him a friend and I like John as well from my personal dealings with him. As a result, i'll hold off on taking sides although based on what I have read it seems that the admins/mods have a well supported case.

What I do not like is attacking Samb since he's our host and a great guy that has done a lot for us all. I also don't think that the mods run a muck oppressing people as is the case else where although I differ with some things they do I think they make real efforts act sensibly and consistently.

I also think that the tenor of this thread is too contentious, too bitter and since very few of us know exactly what happened and has heard out both sides fully it seems that we have little to argue about with certitude. Bottom line to me is that it's time to move on to other topics.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Just want to make all my statements clear as on MODs, I am not trying to insult the MODs themselves, I just want to know why we all of a sudden have new mods popping up everyday? Is HP in a state of riot? Did we get attacked by spammers?!
I'm not talking about your statements Sui, not at all. It's jrides and everyone that decided to hop in on that bandwagon when he made a reappearance. He's blatantly calling out Sam and insulting the mods because he feels Sam is being bought out. I don't see anything wrong with your comments.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebal View Post
i think it's time to lock this thread, just me saying
i think the total opposite, i think that most members have been happy with how the forum has been until this event but the event has not made them happy but i think the biggest issue that rose from the side is that it has been said over and over that samb is paying for this site and making it seem like he is dumping money into it without getting anything in return. I have no issues with samb or any of the mods/deputy mods/ and pretty much all the members bar 1 or 2 so its nothing against them directly. We dont know how much the cots are and how much every vendor gets charged to advertise (we have the one 2nd hand account from jride though) but i think many of us are pretty sure samb is getting return on the forum, and you know what he should for all the work he has put in BUT if he is getting a return the whole "he pays our of pocket, poor sam" goes out the window. that i think is the side issue here that HP is claimed to be a free service provided by one person when it is organized by one man but it is a business even if there is a low return.

-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

The problem is, everyone whom wishes to go to the other forum seems to think it would be fun to wreak havoc on this forum and brag about it over there. Its childish and just shows the quality of people we are dealing with. Like I said, just send me a PM and I will make your acct go away, no need for drama to be started.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
The problem is, everyone whom wishes to go to the other forum seems to think it would be fun to wreak havoc on this forum and brag about it over there. Its childish and just shows the quality of people we are dealing with. Like I said, just send me a PM and I will make your acct go away, no need for drama to be started.
I honestly find this thread entertaining. Atleast that other forum lets people speak freely, or atleast has discount codes for HJ.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Lets see theres server costs, software upgrades, we have literally blew up 3 servers so we have had to move, and countless other items that do cost money. The donations help to offset those costs. Is this thread about Sambooka and server costs or about John breaking the rules. Lets get back on topic.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Kind of defeats the purpose of an open forum when you have to walk on eggshells around the entire place.
As this thread very clearly shows, eggshells don't stand a chance around here.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well then Sui, go have fun at the free for all and enjoy Johns discount codes. He openly said he was pulling his codes from here, so dont blame us for that.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Well then Sui, go have fun at the free for all and enjoy Johns discount codes. He openly said he was pulling his codes from here, so dont blame us for that.
Oh no, Im just kinda stratling the fence atm. Best of both worlds has always suited me.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Thats cool.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Thats cool.
Other places do have webcam chat...we should get that here imo
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Other places do have webcam chat...we should get that here imo
We sorta did a couple years back Sui, we used stickam but that caused too many problems so it was tossed out.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i think the total opposite, i think that most members have been happy with how the forum has been until this event but the event has not made them happy but i think the biggest issue that rose from the side is that it has been said over and over that samb is paying for this site and making it seem like he is dumping money into it without getting anything in return. I have no issues with samb or any of the mods/deputy mods/ and pretty much all the members bar 1 or 2 so its nothing against them directly. We dont know how much the cots are and how much every vendor gets charged to advertise (we have the one 2nd hand account from jride though) but i think many of us are pretty sure samb is getting return on the forum, and you know what he should for all the work he has put in BUT if he is getting a return the whole "he pays our of pocket, poor sam" goes out the window. that i think is the side issue here that HP is claimed to be a free service provided by one person when it is organized by one man but it is a business even if there is a low return.

-matt
I'm going to say then, ignore that part, and read the list of violations again, and think, as an admin, how would you handle this, considering you have several other vendors who did not have issues following the rules.
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
We sorta did a couple years back Sui, we used stickam but that caused too many problems so it was tossed out.
Im trying to get dudes to show me there nipples...Its quite fun!
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Can we stay on topic please
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

My questions still have not been answered.

My statements still have not been proven wrong.

dont worry... ill wait.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

jride your tactic of trying to instigate trouble while looking like you are innocently asking a question is not going unnoticed. This thread is being taken off topic by you in order to throw doubt and suspicion towards Sambooka and the Moderators. It is getting tiresome and it is causing a general uproar which i am sure you and your friends are getting quite a laugh at.

As to the rest of our wonderful community, Please do not let these tactics deter you from enjoying Hookah Pro. We are not here to argue, debate or justify further the decision that has already been made and put into place. This forum is about our community, not vendors. It is about sharing experiences, tips, stories and friendship about Hookah and its culture.
Please lets refrain from entertaining the few that are simply here to cause trouble.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
My questions still have not been answered.

My statements still have not been proven wrong.

dont worry... ill wait.
Ask sambooka in a PM, this thread is not the place for it.