Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Im trying to get dudes to show me there nipples...Its quite fun!
LMAO be careful, we don't want anyone getting their nipples banned
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:29 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloshambles View Post
LMAO be careful, we don't want anyone getting their nipples banned
Can we get this thread back on topic?
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
I'm going to say then, ignore that part, and read the list of violations again, and think, as an admin, how would you handle this, considering you have several other vendors who did not have issues following the rules.
i am not saying john didnt break rules to the point of banning, i am saying that the whole finical back and forth about john doing things to promote his business and then basically ignoring and denying that this forum has to be ran as a business and as such has to make a profit, no matter how small, to survive.

i am not jumping on the wagon with jride, honestly i do think he is going a little far with HOW he is saying his thoughts but i dont think his questions are out of place.

edit- to be clear the point i think is being contested is that some members are getting annoyed that it seems there is less than truth to what (if any) amount sam is getting out of the forum, i dont think anyone is asking directly to see dollars and cents but just a "yes i do end up getting some back from all the ads" and i dont think anyone would argue that he doesnt deserve it they (and some what my self included) just feel we are getting a bit fed
-matt

Last edited by mattathayde; April 4th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

But this isnt the forum for it.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I've learned a lot about the mods from this forum, how they do things, and some of the members to, Husky is a very straight to the point, no bs type of guy, Kalutika is very helpful, Photolinger is very going to back the rules, despite the fact that he likes the vendor in question. Not to say any of the other mods aren't helpful, but this has revealed their personalities quite a bit. I'm not sure if anyone here is reporting back to HJ but it seems like people do think that people are, I'm not sure if there is evidence of this or ppl were just fanbois
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I think this thread has run it's course...... This should be locked.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
But this isnt the forum for it.
so the one of the parts of the justification cannot be questioned in the thread justifying the situation?
-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:49 PM
VanMeets
Hookah Newbie

Damn, quite the read.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Sambookas finances arent the question here, read the original post
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I think this thread has run it's course......
I am going to have to agree. The points were brought up from both sides and it is clear that the decision will not change. At this point it has come down to needless bickering, trolling, and people who don't understand the impact of ethics on a board and while running a business. I say lock the thread, post an update with the rules regarding HJ and his products and let that be the end of it.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymatingcall View Post
I've learned a lot about the mods from this forum, how they do things, and some of the members to, Husky is a very straight to the point, no bs type of guy, Kalutika is very helpful, Photolinger is very going to back the rules, despite the fact that he likes the vendor in question. Not to say any of the other mods aren't helpful, but this has revealed their personalities quite a bit. I'm not sure if anyone here is reporting back to HJ but it seems like people do think that people are, I'm not sure if there is evidence of this or ppl were just fanbois
And we have learned a lot about the members here. Nuff said.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Sambookas finances arent the question here, read the original post
the violations included things that were john promoting his business for gain where he shouldnt, when people said much about know john was a vendor and that of course he was biased and that every one is and then the example of how samb seems biased came up we got a lot of "he pays everything out of pocket and covers everything for you so he has the right to be", when people pointed out that the ads bring in a huge amount of money along with the elite payments and point out that more should be going in than the costs they get jumped on and say they are totally off topic when they are arguing part of the justification.

at frist i was pretty middle of the road but the farther this evolves HP looks to be sliding some just from the HP side, i havent even looked any where else yet to see how everything is evolving
-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, Sambooka is having family day on Easter. None of us can speak for him as to the financial aspects of this board. I gave examples of the items that I know of that cost money and they are substantial expenses. But as I stated before, everyones membership and posting ability is a privilige here and not a right, so before we go demanding to see financial statements etc lets be respectful to the guy whom has given us this wonderful site and not go making accusations. So far thats all I have seen is accusations that Sambooka is getting paid off by vendors/manufacturers and nobody has any right to start pointing fingers. Ask the questions, and wait for the answers, thats all I am saying. 13 pages of accusations and mud slinging arent going to get it done.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

So far the people screaming about money are the ones whom have never made a donation. I assume they are the ones that are looking to try and take the heat off John and turn it onto somebody else, why would they care? They obviously dont want to stay here due to some loyalty to their friend, so who gives a crap, lets move on and let this die. Whats done is done, Johns ban stands. Are we sorry to see him go? Yes. Is he good to his customers, yes. Will this affect his income, doubt it since you guys can spend your money however you wish and he has a new forum that he says is a marketing tool for him. So why the attacks here and on youtube? I cant fathom why, maybe some folks need to grow up and act like adults.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Bye Hookahpro!
seeya and I wouldn't wanna beeya
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:17 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

huskysibe, it is not only the members fault for the back and forth, some of the responses from the mods have pushed back just as hard regardless if they were intended to or not
-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:19 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Quote:
So far the people screaming about money are the ones whom have never made a donation. I assume they are the ones that are looking to try and take the heat off John and turn it onto somebody else, why would they care? They obviously dont want to stay here due to some loyalty to their friend, so who gives a crap, lets move on and let this die. Whats done is done, Johns ban stands. Are we sorry to see him go? Yes. Is he good to his customers, yes. Will this affect his income, doubt it since you guys can spend your money however you wish and he has a new forum that he says is a marketing tool for him. So why the attacks here and on youtube? I cant fathom why, maybe some folks need to grow up and act like adults.
+1 Well said.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
huskysibe, it is not only the members fault for the back and forth, some of the responses from the mods have pushed back just as hard regardless if they were intended to or not
-matt
Maybe, but you guys havent had to deal with this stuff like we have. You have no idea what we have been through lately and then to have to come on here and deal with this childishness over and over again. It gets old. And for what? why cant people just make a decision to stay or go and just carry out that plan, smearing tactics are uncalled for, dont you agree?
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:25 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The number of people slinging slander and conjecture is pretty ridiculous. In the same post I see people admit to knowing nothing about the situation but then claiming something as fact and basing an attack on it.

I am confused as to what kind of person thinks this is a rational and proper way to conduct a discussion. It's not. It's troll tactics and I am not displeased over losing people that support such behavior.

This is just embarrassing to the trolls and the people that support them. Childish behavior and school yard bullying tactics are really sad for people that claimed to be 18+ when they signed up for the forums.

I have not wronged you guys/gals and I am saddened to bear attacks from people that I have devoted so much of my time and energy to help.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:29 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Maybe, but you guys havent had to deal with this stuff like we have. You have no idea what we have been through lately and then to have to come on here and deal with this childishness over and over again. It gets old. And for what? why cant people just make a decision to stay or go and just carry out that plan, smearing tactics are uncalled for, dont you agree?
smear tactics yes but questioning a statement is not smear. it has been said over and over through out this thread that it is an open forum but when people question things (granted the things questioned are a bit awkward to talk about) it seems like there is an overly aggressive response of " that should not matter" despite the fact that what was being questioned was given as reason/justification. its seeming to come across as "you can talk about what you want, as long as you dont question us at all".

and also it has been stated here that vendors, elites, and MODS are held to a higher standard so some of the responses seem to be a bit less than i expect to be a higher standard

-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:35 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

How about we start a different thread where people that think they have been "mistreated" can state their case? I think 13 pages about questioning Moderator actions, HP finances, etc. is quite enough.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I shall not begin to go back 13 pages to cut and paste the personal attacks and smear tactics. As I said, if you want to know something specific you should PM Sambooka as the relevant questions have been buried in garbage and youtube links that involve serious personal attacks and likening our beloved forum to Nazi Germany. If you missed that post, its because I deleted it, a new member with 0 posts tried to post it here. So I ask you this, why should we take any of this conjecture with anything but a grain of salt and just try and consider the source? this thread could have been a great forum to ask teh serious questions that deserved a serious answer but instead it has been reduced to a large pile of filth. I for one will not go back 13 pages and pull out the relevent questions as I am disgusted by the actions of so called grown adults and do not wish to wade in the crap.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I'm just assuming that you replied to me, Husky, but I think you misunderstood me.

I'm saying that anybody who has a 'complain' about the Mods here can state his case, back it up with evidence, and then we'll see who was in the right or the wrong. At least that will keep threads like this from exploding they way it did.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Dab- He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to matt You just happened to post after him and before husky could respond, that's all.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:47 PM
hatchcrap
Banned

Quote:
And we have learned a lot about the members here. Nuff said.

id like an explanation for this post..
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook