Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #326  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Nope was replying to Matt
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #327  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
hatchcrap
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 56
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

so youre not gonna answer huh
  #328  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchcrap View Post
so youre not gonna answer huh
What are your reasons for asking? Hell there are 14 pages of trash, try and read them objectively and its clear that some members have drawn a line in the sand and are jumping from one side to another to stir up a shitstorm. My last 10-15 posts pretty much outline my thoughts on this whole subject.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #329  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchcrap View Post
so youre not gonna answer huh
doesnt need an answer... he said that because some members showed their true colors.. and gave us an idea on where they stand...
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
  #330  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
I shall not begin to go back 13 pages to cut and paste the personal attacks and smear tactics. As I said, if you want to know something specific you should PM Sambooka as the relevant questions have been buried in garbage and youtube links that involve serious personal attacks and likening our beloved forum to Nazi Germany. If you missed that post, its because I deleted it, a new member with 0 posts tried to post it here. So I ask you this, why should we take any of this conjecture with anything but a grain of salt and just try and consider the source? this thread could have been a great forum to ask teh serious questions that deserved a serious answer but instead it has been reduced to a large pile of filth. I for one will not go back 13 pages and pull out the relevent questions as I am disgusted by the actions of so called grown adults and do not wish to wade in the crap.
well the fact that the serious questions have already seemed to get blown off when they were asked i think will give plenty of an answer for some of the members.
-matt
  #331  
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well the fact that the serious questions have already seemed to get blown off when they were asked i think will give plenty of an answer for some of the members.
-matt
Did it ever occur to you guys that Sambooka has a life outside of HP, and its Easter weekend. A little patience would have been nice, but it turned into personal attacks.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #332  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Sui's Avatar
Sui
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
doesnt need an answer... he said that because some members showed their true colors.. and gave us an idea on where they stand...
I'm the dude jumping back and forth, laughing at both sides.
__________________
"I don't want to swim the ocean, I don't want to fight the tide. I don't want to swim forever! When it is cold, I'd like to die."
  #333  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Raid3n's Avatar
Raid3n
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alamosa, CO
Posts: 1,196
Send a message via MSN to Raid3n
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
I'm the dude jumping back and forth, laughing at both sides.
+1 here. This childish crap is just getting stupid
__________________
My Pipes: 32" KM Mash'al, 14" Mya QT, 18" Mini Mya
  #334  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM
hatchcrap
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 56
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

this is what evereyone is talking about. i asked for clarification on a post and had 2 mods jump down my throat. you wonder why people are leaving the board, its because the people who are supposed to be leaders in this community, are just as vindictive as the forum members who take sides. and you have the gall to reproach me for a simple question? forgive me for assuming, but that post could have easily be construed as member bashing, which if i remember correctly for strike 1 is a 4 day ban. i have had no participation in this thread because i believe actions speak louder than words, so for you to jump me for asking for clarification on a simple post is absolutely uncalled for, and further proves the hypocritical and trashy nature of the leaders here. as i dont frequent here often feel free to do what you wish with my account. maybe time to rethink the leadership in this forum. might be better. and as for the PM you just sent me huskysibe i personally dont give a FUCK what you saw on any other forums about what i posted. feel free to post it here for all to see. including said supreme being of the board. i think if you saw my post count there you would know where i spend my time.
  #335  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

I didnt jump down your throat or bash you, I said to check my last 10 posts as to what I though about the situation and also implored you to read 13 pages of trash "objectively". A bunch of adults acting like children, thats all. And yes your post over there was childish, that was my point. So now do you see where I am coming from? A select few on here wish to cause drama and act childish, bash me if you will but thats my opinion.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #336  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Did it ever occur to you guys that Sambooka has a life outside of HP, and its Easter weekend. A little patience would have been nice, but it turned into personal attacks.
im not referring to the fact that sam is not here now during the holiday i am referring to the other mods jumping in and telling people it is totally irrelevant and acting like it is an attempt to turn the discussion when it was only questioning other statements made. i am not jumping on either side yet (if i ever will).

-matt
  #337  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
KoRnKitten's Avatar
KoRnKitten
Status: Offline
Moderator Kitteh
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,984
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

I deleted my thread because husky got it and replied to you!... I didn't know husky was still reading. Excuse me my dear hatchcrap, but you jumped down his throat first.... I didn't attack you but whatever. If you felt like attacked you I am sorry.
__________________


GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
  #338  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
hatchcrap
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 56
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I deleted my thread because husky got it and replied to you!... I didn't know husky was still reading. Excuse me my dear hatchcrap, but you jumped down his throat first.... I didn't attack you but whatever. If you felt like attacked you I am sorry.
by asking for clarification and then asking why when he posted nope? WTF EVER.thats really jumping down throats huh?
  #339  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchcrap View Post
and as for the PM you just sent me huskysibe i personally dont give a FUCK what you saw on any other forums about what i posted. feel free to post it here for all to see. including said supreme being of the board. i think if you saw my post count there you would know where i spend my time.
And yet you see fit to come on here with a large stick and stir up shit. You have epitomized what I have been saying about this thread.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #340  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchcrap View Post
by asking for clarification and then asking why when he posted nope? WTF EVER.thats really jumping down throats huh?
The nope I posted was to DaSebch, please go back and read those posts and you will be able to put that together. I was posting to Matt when you asked the clarification question therefore the posts got out of order, my apologies.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #341  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
KoRnKitten's Avatar
KoRnKitten
Status: Offline
Moderator Kitteh
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,984
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

He was talking to another person, you gave him less than 5 minutes to respond to you for the clarification.....
" So you're not going to answer huh" and i told you to give him more time and to read the post instead of assuming he was talking to you. That wasn't attack you, it was just telling you to give the man some time. We have a lot of people discussing things at one time. It can get jarbled and over looked, missed, or what not.
__________________


GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
  #342  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
hatchcrap
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 56
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

i didnt stir up anything until YOU showed your ass, as you mods here frequently do. and i have not epitomized what you have been talking about, merely shown what an asshat the mods around here can be for no apparent reason. please delete my account. ive chosen my side. about a week ago.
  #343  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:24 PM
KoRnKitten's Avatar
KoRnKitten
Status: Offline
Moderator Kitteh
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,984
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

That's fine Hatch, Your account will be deleted. Thank you for your time.
Account has been deactivated per his request.
__________________


GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
  #344  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Asshat? Hmmm I went back and read my responses and I dont get it **Shrug**
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #345  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM
DaSebsch's Avatar
DaSebsch
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentucky/Germany
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Jesus Christ will somebody lock this thread already? Sambooka can reply to this thread when he gets back online and unlock it then.
Is it really necessary to add another 5 pages of unrelated bullshit to this thread before Sambooka gets back?
  #346  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchcrap View Post
i didnt stir up anything until YOU showed your ass, as you mods here frequently do. and i have not epitomized what you have been talking about, merely shown what an asshat the mods around here can be for no apparent reason. please delete my account. ive chosen my side. about a week ago.
*waves* bye!
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
  #347  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
KoRnKitten's Avatar
KoRnKitten
Status: Offline
Moderator Kitteh
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,984
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Guys. Lets calm down here. This is getting a bit out of hand... This is NOT what this thread was intended for. We understand you have concerns. Concerns addressing SamB will be answered upon his return. If you have a legitimate question regarding the original topic at hand them please by all means, this is what the thread was intended for.
__________________


GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; April 4th, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
  #348  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
sebal's Avatar
sebal
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wy
Posts: 471
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I think this thread has run it's course...... This should be locked.
i have said this earlier on page 12 i think
  #349  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Gadfly's Avatar
Gadfly
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 982
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Ok after 14 pages now I'll put my 2 cents in.

First off you idiots really have no idea of the weight of this decision. I'm sure they took into account the trolling, instigation, and overall effect it would have on the HP community. But they went along with the decision anyway and stood by what was right and the rules laid down from the beginning, and for the Sam, all mods, and mature members have my utmost respect. With all the evidence laid out John deserved the ban, while he was a loved vendor of the site that doesn't exclude him from rules because people like him. I ordered from John exclusively for the past year, which I'll state flat out here that I won't be ordering from him again. What's that.... you want my reasons little trolls? It's something called integrity and loyalty which I'm sure you haven't really learned yet. Anyone dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them deserves to go to bed hungry. You talk about it being something between Sam and John but believe it or not you're all involved. The community you "love" was disrespected by a over cocky vendor who thought due to his "pope" like status with the members he could walk all over the rules and wouldn't be punished due to fear of a mass exodus or worse and overall abandonment of the site all together. Sadly for him it backfired. Now this is all hypothetical, I know nothing of John's intentions but I'm merely speculating on how it looks to me. No one is above the law and again I give respect to those who laid it down.

It's funny to me how many people are coming to his aid and defending him to the death, I've seen vendors banned here before without so much as a sideways glance from members. I have a theory on this, basically I liken it to a really good salesman who "takes time" with customers who will talk face to face and establish this "relationship" you all have with him. When what he really was doing was selling you, building his business, getting a good report with the biggest hookah forum out there. There's money to be made and he worked hard to get it. How long before he stopped giving away playing cards, pocket knifes, stickers and all the other random swag he would get from companies? How long before his stock became mediocre at best with no real variety of hookah's? How long before the prices shot up with talk of "one of a kind" "no other store has this." HE ISN'T YOUR FRIEND! He only wanted your money to make his business flourish. I ordered from the guy for a year and was completely aware of the tactic he was using because I used it in my previous job. People spend more money with people they feel comfortable with. But hey it's just a theory.

I'd like to answer to Jride about his "un-refuted" claims. How much is John giving you to stir up the trouble? Nothing you say? I'm supposed to believe you because you say so? See what I did there.... pretty easy to turn the tables. I've seen no one ask you of your motives maybe they'll just ignore you and hope you go away.

To all the other "questions" out there, what needs to be answered? I've read all 14 pages and got all the info I need from the OP. That means 13 pages of people crying about their BFF getting tossed for breaking the rules. You people say the Mods are censoring information and avoiding questions, they could just ignore the thread all together and let you guys bicker and fight over issues that really aren't even related to the OP.

Again Sam....Mods you have my respect and support of your decision, although I did love CH coals I'll have to find something different and put my coil burner to use.

To the trolls and butt-hurt QQ ers. HE BROKE THE RULES! DEAL WITH IT!

Apologies in advance to the mods if I was a little too brash and confrontational. But I get irritated at stupid people. My avatar explains my attitude on the world and most people who live in it. If it crosses a line feel free to delete it or even pm me and I'll edit it.

Keep rolling HP I'm here for life.
  #350  
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
Ok after 14 pages now I'll put my 2 cents in.

First off you idiots really have no idea of the weight of this decision. I'm sure they took into account the trolling, instigation, and overall effect it would have on the HP community. But they went along with the decision anyway and stood by what was right and the rules laid down from the beginning, and for the Sam, all mods, and mature members have my utmost respect. With all the evidence laid out John deserved the ban, while he was a loved vendor of the site that doesn't exclude him from rules because people like him. I ordered from John exclusively for the past year, which I'll state flat out here that I won't be ordering from him again. What's that.... you want my reasons little trolls? It's something called integrity and loyalty which I'm sure you haven't really learned yet. Anyone dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them deserves to go to bed hungry. You talk about it being something between Sam and John but believe it or not you're all involved. The community you "love" was disrespected by a over cocky vendor who thought due to his "pope" like status with the members he could walk all over the rules and wouldn't be punished due to fear of a mass exodus or worse and overall abandonment of the site all together. Sadly for him it backfired. Now this is all hypothetical, I know nothing of John's intentions but I'm merely speculating on how it looks to me. No one is above the law and again I give respect to those who laid it down.

It's funny to me how many people are coming to his aid and defending him to the death, I've seen vendors banned here before without so much as a sideways glance from members. I have a theory on this, basically I liken it to a really good salesman who "takes time" with customers who will talk face to face and establish this "relationship" you all have with him. When what he really was doing was selling you, building his business, getting a good report with the biggest hookah forum out there. There's money to be made and he worked hard to get it. How long before he stopped giving away playing cards, pocket knifes, stickers and all the other random swag he would get from companies? How long before his stock became mediocre at best with no real variety of hookah's? How long before the prices shot up with talk of "one of a kind" "no other store has this." HE ISN'T YOUR FRIEND! He only wanted your money to make his business flourish. I ordered from the guy for a year and was completely aware of the tactic he was using because I used it in my previous job. People spend more money with people they feel comfortable with. But hey it's just a theory.

I'd like to answer to Jride about his "un-refuted" claims. How much is John giving you to stir up the trouble? Nothing you say? I'm supposed to believe you because you say so? See what I did there.... pretty easy to turn the tables. I've seen no one ask you of your motives maybe they'll just ignore you and hope you go away.

To all the other "questions" out there, what needs to be answered? I've read all 14 pages and got all the info I need from the OP. That means 13 pages of people crying about their BFF getting tossed for breaking the rules. You people say the Mods are censoring information and avoiding questions, they could just ignore the thread all together and let you guys bicker and fight over issues that really aren't even related to the OP.

Again Sam....Mods you have my respect and support of your decision, although I did love CH coals I'll have to find something different and put my coil burner to use.

To the trolls and butt-hurt QQ ers. HE BROKE THE RULES! DEAL WITH IT!

Apologies in advance to the mods if I was a little too brash and confrontational. But I get irritated at stupid people. My avatar explains my attitude on the world and most people who live in it. If it crosses a line feel free to delete it or even pm me and I'll edit it.

Keep rolling HP I'm here for life.
+100
WELL SAID
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hookah Freak 2009 Blend-Off Winner Announcement Sahara Smoke Company Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals 6 December 20th, 2009 01:24 PM
The Big HookaH-HookaH Announcement – Peanut Butter Now Available! Sahara Smoke Company Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals 10 April 3rd, 2009 12:27 PM
Another MZ announcement! ChronicHookah Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals 2 September 14th, 2008 04:02 AM
PYH Announcement hookahpimp Hookah Discussion 8 June 9th, 2008 08:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.