Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

i haven't posted in a while. i just lurk now more than anything. im in no way a supporter of **********. i personally feel his prices are too high and ive only ordered twice from him. the post contains my personal feelings and what most people will simply call gossip and hearsay.

i saw john getting banned a mile away, it was only expected seeing as how a competitor of his (who, according to johns word's screwed him) became a huge forum supporter.

everyone knows sambooka gets plenty of "rewards" for running a hookah forum. (seriously, no one who has smoked hookah for as long as sambooka would ever choose to smoke hookah-hookah). i dont care if he denies it or what not, its simple fact and part of life. you don't participate or do as he says, youre gone. its his board.

also the mods here are pretty close minded. if you disagree with them, or enjoy tobacco they dont, you better be prepared to accept e-bullying. i know this post will be deleted as soon as they see it unforunately. i feel like the harassment and biased nature of the mods basically forces people out. if thats the community you want to create, youve done a good job.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
Ok after 14 pages now I'll put my 2 cents in.

First off you idiots really have no idea of the weight of this decision. I'm sure they took into account the trolling, instigation, and overall effect it would have on the HP community. But they went along with the decision anyway and stood by what was right and the rules laid down from the beginning, and for the Sam, all mods, and mature members have my utmost respect. With all the evidence laid out John deserved the ban, while he was a loved vendor of the site that doesn't exclude him from rules because people like him. I ordered from John exclusively for the past year, which I'll state flat out here that I won't be ordering from him again. What's that.... you want my reasons little trolls? It's something called integrity and loyalty which I'm sure you haven't really learned yet. Anyone dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them deserves to go to bed hungry. You talk about it being something between Sam and John but believe it or not you're all involved. The community you "love" was disrespected by a over cocky vendor who thought due to his "pope" like status with the members he could walk all over the rules and wouldn't be punished due to fear of a mass exodus or worse and overall abandonment of the site all together. Sadly for him it backfired. Now this is all hypothetical, I know nothing of John's intentions but I'm merely speculating on how it looks to me. No one is above the law and again I give respect to those who laid it down.

It's funny to me how many people are coming to his aid and defending him to the death, I've seen vendors banned here before without so much as a sideways glance from members. I have a theory on this, basically I liken it to a really good salesman who "takes time" with customers who will talk face to face and establish this "relationship" you all have with him. When what he really was doing was selling you, building his business, getting a good report with the biggest hookah forum out there. There's money to be made and he worked hard to get it. How long before he stopped giving away playing cards, pocket knifes, stickers and all the other random swag he would get from companies? How long before his stock became mediocre at best with no real variety of hookah's? How long before the prices shot up with talk of "one of a kind" "no other store has this." HE ISN'T YOUR FRIEND! He only wanted your money to make his business flourish. I ordered from the guy for a year and was completely aware of the tactic he was using because I used it in my previous job. People spend more money with people they feel comfortable with. But hey it's just a theory.

I'd like to answer to Jride about his "un-refuted" claims. How much is John giving you to stir up the trouble? Nothing you say? I'm supposed to believe you because you say so? See what I did there.... pretty easy to turn the tables. I've seen no one ask you of your motives maybe they'll just ignore you and hope you go away.

To all the other "questions" out there, what needs to be answered? I've read all 14 pages and got all the info I need from the OP. That means 13 pages of people crying about their BFF getting tossed for breaking the rules. You people say the Mods are censoring information and avoiding questions, they could just ignore the thread all together and let you guys bicker and fight over issues that really aren't even related to the OP.

Again Sam....Mods you have my respect and support of your decision, although I did love CH coals I'll have to find something different and put my coil burner to use.

To the trolls and butt-hurt QQ ers. HE BROKE THE RULES! DEAL WITH IT!

Apologies in advance to the mods if I was a little too brash and confrontational. But I get irritated at stupid people. My avatar explains my attitude on the world and most people who live in it. If it crosses a line feel free to delete it or even pm me and I'll edit it.

Keep rolling HP I'm here for life.
I've been wanting to say this for a while but really didn't feel like getting involved.

If you like John fine, go to his site and fuck around. But, if you feel loyal to the site that introduced about 99% of us to John, then deal with they're decision and shut up. Support the mods or leave them alone, they are doing nothing but trying to do their jobs here on the forum.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
i haven't posted in a while. i just lurk now more than anything. im in no way a supporter of **********. i personally feel his prices are too high and ive only ordered twice from him. the post contains my personal feelings and what most people will simply call gossip and hearsay.

i saw john getting banned a mile away, it was only expected seeing as how a competitor of his (who, according to johns word's screwed him) became a huge forum supporter.

everyone knows sambooka gets plenty of "rewards" for running a hookah forum. (seriously, no one who has smoked hookah for as long as sambooka would ever choose to smoke hookah-hookah). i dont care if he denies it or what not, its simple fact and part of life. you don't participate or do as he says, youre gone. its his board.

also the mods here are pretty close minded. if you disagree with them, or enjoy tobacco they dont, you better be prepared to accept e-bullying. i know this post will be deleted as soon as they see it unforunately. i feel like the harassment and biased nature of the mods basically forces people out. if thats the community you want to create, youve done a good job.
thank you, i know i am starting to feel the forum i loved is changing in less than good ways and its good to see others point out some of the issues
-matt
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I ve read splotches of all 14 pages now. A lot of it is sickening to read, so I've tried not to get too into it.

And I second gadfly.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Harassed scoop? We are entitled to our opinion as you are. So if projecting our opinion is harassing then you need to re-evaluate why you are here. We all have our favorites, fave vendors, shisha, hookah, coals etc etc and will defend their honor like a prom date, I think you are confusing passion with bullying. I dont care where you shop, what you buy or what you smoke, but I will give my opinion as will every other member of this board. Thats why this is an awesome place, we all are entitled to our opinions. Doesnt 15 pages worth of garbage bickering that we have allowed to happen show that we arent forcing your hand on anything?
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I am reminded of a situation that transpired a few years back. I was a (somewhat) prominent member of a video sharing site. We had a very tight community that consisted of about 200 or so active contributing members plus another 100 or so "wannabes" and about another 2800 or so non contributing but very active members for a total of about 3000 members. (very rough numbers)

The site went through some changes. The 200 or so acting members began butting heads with the admins. We decided to "show them".

There was so much drama I can't even begin to tell you. Public meetings discussing how the admins should clean up their act and how they should run the site. Videos posted threatening the admins with our departure. Nothing changed.

I was one of the first to leave, followed slowly by the majority of the active members. We figured that in no time the site would be done for. That was 3 years ago. I just checked and I see that the member roster is now up to 10000+ members and the site is still going strong.

The situation here on HP is not much different, at least not when it comes to taking sides. No matter how much you disagree with the situation, it appears that it won't change no matter how much some may scream for change or "demand" answers to whatever questions are on their minds.

If you think that you need to "take a side", than do so and take whatever action you deem necessary. I can promise you it won't have much impact in the long run.

I for one intend to stay here. This is my hookah home. I will likely still use HJ as a vendor and I will abide by the rules when comes to mentioning banned vendors.

End of story in my most humble opinion.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

I should have said this a long time ago, have any of you heard of John treating his customers like crap? I have not but, he has. I never said anything because I knew people would just jump down my throat and call slander. When I ordered from him almost a year ago when the Narbish came out I had to deal with being sent faulty hoses when I asked for a replacement he be came distant and cold about the whole ordeal. I had to pay shipping to send them back and get a new set of faulty hoses. All in all paying well over the 'full price' for hoses I had to mod so they wouldn't leak air and smoke... When I was in contact with him about the whole thing he made me feel like I was the one at fault and he was doing me a favor by replacing the hoses. Ghost has to say that he feels as if it were a personal attack on his hoses and that is how HJ treated the whole ordeal.

I never wanted to deal with him again and thought that maybe it was just me from what I had heard about him. Now that I have seen the emails he has sent out and read what he has done I know I am right and I know that he isn't worth my money or time. I stand behind SamBie and the MODS they are in the right and all of the fanbois can be butt hurt and move on.
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

I for one intend to stay here. This is my hookah home. I will likely still use HJ as a vendor and I will abide by the rules when comes to mentioning banned vendors.

End of story in my most humble opinion.
100% agree. Use John, don't use John, agree with mods, disagree with mods - in the end, if you don't like it, leave. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but you still have to follow the rules.

I'll be here. I'll order from John if he has the product I want at the best price. I'll obey the rules. What's so difficult?
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Quote:
HE ISN'T YOUR FRIEND! He only wanted your money to make his business flourish.
You just brought a tear from my eye. There is hope in humanity!
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Honestly I am very annoyed by the attacks on my friend Samb and unless anyone can provide proof that he's somehow "bought off" they need to shutup. I am also sick of the assumptions that the mods are somehow on somesort of vendetta against John or that they being dishonest. I am not just saying this because several of them are friends of mine or that I believe them to non-biased when on one is. Rather I am saying what I am because such criticisms have lacked any substance. This thread has become a major distraction and has strayed into ad hominem attacks and rumor mongering far too often. The behavior of some here is making me less sympathetic to John's cause and I view many of the comments here as purposely sowing discord for reason other then stirring the ***.
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

John was just trolling, he says he's sorry

Old April 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

This is a forum we talk about hookah mostly, and secondary everything else.
That dude was a salesman, providing customer service is part of sales, integrity isn't always.
For him sales
for here hookah talk

stop the baby mama drama
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:43 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
This is a forum we talk about hookah mostly, and secondary everything else.
That dude was a salesman, providing customer service is part of sales, integrity isn't always.
For him sales
for here hookah talk

stop the baby mama drama
I like hookah talk.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:00 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Wow, I think the last time I looked at this thread it was @ 8 pages and now we're at 15 pages of bullshit, I read all 7 pages and it's 100% b-s. This thread has moved from something serious to idiocy. Bottom line: 1. It's sucks John is gone 2. You may think it isn't fair, but guess what it happened and all the bitching in the world isn't going to bring him back. 3. If you think there is hope for him to return here, you have a better chance of finding a snowball in hell. 4. If you want to order from by all means do, I will and I'm sure others will to. 5. To all the MODS, I bet you had no idea the Pandora's Box this thread would open. 6. Oh and Gadfly, not calling you out but as a fellow House fan you forgot another important Houseism...Everybody Lies, something I live by.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:05 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

hookahman... We knew exactly what we were getting into.. We weighed the options and this was decided. We didn't take the easy road, which we could have. That's one reason why a decision took so long to be made.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:07 AM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirlfriend View Post
I should have said this a long time ago, have any of you heard of John treating his customers like crap? I have not but, he has. I never said anything because I knew people would just jump down my throat and call slander. When I ordered from him almost a year ago when the Narbish came out I had to deal with being sent faulty hoses when I asked for a replacement he be came distant and cold about the whole ordeal. I had to pay shipping to send them back and get a new set of faulty hoses. All in all paying well over the 'full price' for hoses I had to mod so they wouldn't leak air and smoke... When I was in contact with him about the whole thing he made me feel like I was the one at fault and he was doing me a favor by replacing the hoses. Ghost has to say that he feels as if it were a personal attack on his hoses and that is how HJ treated the whole ordeal.

I never wanted to deal with him again and thought that maybe it was just me from what I had heard about him. Now that I have seen the emails he has sent out and read what he has done I know I am right and I know that he isn't worth my money or time. I stand behind SamBie and the MODS they are in the right and all of the fanbois can be butt hurt and move on.
I actually had a completely different Narb V1 experience when mine broke. i sent him an email and he called me personally to apologize and get my address to send me another free of charge. his customer service has always been great, and i will more than likely continue to buy from him, BUT as far as this forum goes, HE BROKE THE RULES. END OF STORY.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:09 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Wow, I think the last time I looked at this thread it was @ 8 pages and now we're at 15 pages of bullshit, I read all 7 pages and it's 100% b-s. This thread has moved from something serious to idiocy. Bottom line: 1. It's sucks John is gone 2. You may think it isn't fair, but guess what it happened and all the bitching in the world isn't going to bring him back. 3. If you think there is hope for him to return here, you have a better chance of finding a snowball in hell. 4. If you want to order from by all means do, I will and I'm sure others will to. 5. To all the MODS, I bet you had no idea the Pandora's Box this thread would open. 6. Oh and Gadfly, not calling you out but as a fellow House fan you forgot another important Houseism...Everybody Lies, something I live by.
Not everyone... just most people. I gave up lying.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:14 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Maybe the mods could look into a more severe list of secondary bans for vendors. So instead of getting pardons they get the normal bans, 1st offense 4 day ban, 2nd 10 day and 3rd permanent. But instead of permanent bans you have a 6 month ban or a year or something, followed by a probationary period. This is just an idea i'm throwing out there and this is more concrete than what happened in this case. Instead of fooling around with the pardons and such you have a concrete system to follow and this would reduce people's freaking out and give vendors a second chance to change their tune.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:17 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
hookahman... We knew exactly what we were getting into.. We weighed the options and this was decided. We didn't take the easy road, which we could have. That's one reason why a decision took so long to be made.
Then I applaud all of you...
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:18 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Manjaco, we're currently rewriting the rules and these are very good suggestions. Thank you.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Manjaco, we never said HJ was permanently banned from HP. If in the future any change occurs then the option is there to discuss HJ coming back. But for now the ban is in place.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:22 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Not everyone... just most people. I gave up lying.
I give you a tip of my hat for being the model human being. (No, I'm not being sarcastic)
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Maybe the mods could look into a more severe list of secondary bans for vendors. So instead of getting pardons they get the normal bans, 1st offense 4 day ban, 2nd 10 day and 3rd permanent. But instead of permanent bans you have a 6 month ban or a year or something, followed by a probationary period. This is just an idea i'm throwing out there and this is more concrete than what happened in this case. Instead of fooling around with the pardons and such you have a concrete system to follow and this would reduce people's freaking out and give vendors a second chance to change their tune.
I like this...excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Manjaco, we never said HJ was permanently banned from HP. If in the future any change occurs then the option is there to discuss HJ coming back. But for now the ban is in place.
He may not be permanently banned but like I said, I find it highly unlikely he would ever be back.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
I give you a tip of my hat for being the model human being. (No, I'm not being sarcastic)
Thanks but I have a long way to go before I can accept that title. Gimme a week Lol

I live by the idea that if I wouldn't be comfortable doing it on a stage (or at least talking about it) then I shouldn't do it. I get my fill of warping the truth in acting. It's not right for everyone but it works for me.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:09 AM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Ok after 14 pages now I'll put my 2 cents in.

First off you idiots really have no idea of the weight of this decision. I'm sure they took into account the trolling, instigation, and overall effect it would have on the HP community. But they went along with the decision anyway and stood by what was right and the rules laid down from the beginning, and for the Sam, all mods, and mature members have my utmost respect. With all the evidence laid out John deserved the ban, while he was a loved vendor of the site that doesn't exclude him from rules because people like him. I ordered from John exclusively for the past year, which I'll state flat out here that I won't be ordering from him again. What's that.... you want my reasons little trolls? It's something called integrity and loyalty which I'm sure you haven't really learned yet. Anyone dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them deserves to go to bed hungry. You talk about it being something between Sam and John but believe it or not you're all involved. The community you "love" was disrespected by a over cocky vendor who thought due to his "pope" like status with the members he could walk all over the rules and wouldn't be punished due to fear of a mass exodus or worse and overall abandonment of the site all together. Sadly for him it backfired. Now this is all hypothetical, I know nothing of John's intentions but I'm merely speculating on how it looks to me. No one is above the law and again I give respect to those who laid it down.

It's funny to me how many people are coming to his aid and defending him to the death, I've seen vendors banned here before without so much as a sideways glance from members. I have a theory on this, basically I liken it to a really good salesman who "takes time" with customers who will talk face to face and establish this "relationship" you all have with him. When what he really was doing was selling you, building his business, getting a good report with the biggest hookah forum out there. There's money to be made and he worked hard to get it. How long before he stopped giving away playing cards, pocket knifes, stickers and all the other random swag he would get from companies? How long before his stock became mediocre at best with no real variety of hookah's? How long before the prices shot up with talk of "one of a kind" "no other store has this." HE ISN'T YOUR FRIEND! He only wanted your money to make his business flourish. I ordered from the guy for a year and was completely aware of the tactic he was using because I used it in my previous job. People spend more money with people they feel comfortable with. But hey it's just a theory.

I'd like to answer to Jride about his "un-refuted" claims. How much is John giving you to stir up the trouble? Nothing you say? I'm supposed to believe you because you say so? See what I did there.... pretty easy to turn the tables. I've seen no one ask you of your motives maybe they'll just ignore you and hope you go away.

To all the other "questions" out there, what needs to be answered? I've read all 14 pages and got all the info I need from the OP. That means 13 pages of people crying about their BFF getting tossed for breaking the rules. You people say the Mods are censoring information and avoiding questions, they could just ignore the thread all together and let you guys bicker and fight over issues that really aren't even related to the OP.

Again Sam....Mods you have my respect and support of your decision, although I did love CH coals I'll have to find something different and put my coil burner to use.

To the trolls and butt-hurt QQ ers. HE BROKE THE RULES! DEAL WITH IT!

Apologies in advance to the mods if I was a little too brash and confrontational. But I get irritated at stupid people. My avatar explains my attitude on the world and most people who live in it. If it crosses a line feel free to delete it or even pm me and I'll edit it.

Keep rolling HP I'm here for life.
I glad someone found the words I was looking for, for the most part. I 'like' john. He seems to be a pretty nice guy. I've ordered from him a handful of times, and never really got that one on one feeling from him. I had a base that broke, he replaced it with a whole new set of everything. That was nice. But that is not the fact of the matter. He is a good guy that treats most of the people that buy from him good so he will get more business. Good for him. Keep buying from him if you want to. I use his products. When this whole thing went down, what did I ask? If I would get into any trouble for saying his products names. I was kinda sad to see him go, but life will go on.
This whole thing isn't about him being good to his customers. IT IS ABOUT HIM NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.
I joined his new forums. Haven't posted anything yet. Seems sorta nice but I am still leaning to hp, shit I plan on trying bolth for a while. I've read bolth sides. HJ and HP. Bolth have their points. MOVE ON. I respect everyone here. I met a few members at the DFW meet up including samb. Hes a cool guy. So what if you think he might be 'profiting' from peoples donations or advertising. I think I might donate to him on my next paycheck. Not sure yet, but you never know.
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook