Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:18 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

I only lie to my parents, my boss, and my tax man... everyone else tell 'em the truth and then tell 'em to "make like a baby, and get the fook outta here." (+5 points if someone comes up with the movie that quote comes from)
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:27 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
I only lie to my parents, my boss, and my tax man... everyone else tell 'em the truth and then tell 'em to "make like a baby, and get the fook outta here." (+5 points if someone comes up with the movie that quote comes from)
I give up it sounds like that quote from the Bondock Saints. It sounds so familar.
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbondok View Post
I give up it sounds like that quote from the Bondock Saints. It sounds so familar.
Actually, the first one to say it was Biff in Back to the Future.

"Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?"
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:41 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbondok View Post
*DING DING* You are correct Sir! Give that man a cigar.

And with that bell we now return you to the action in the center ring. Over to you Bob...
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
*DING DING* You are correct Sir! Give that man a cigar.

And with that bell we now return you to the action in the center ring. Over to you Bob...
My names not Bob...

Oh. i mean... Thanks... Kate.

In a complete upset the barracuda is losing to the barn owl. Our experts tell us that it may be a result of, get this, it being a fish out of water. I know this is pretty far from his home turf but the finch traveled a good distance to this spelling bee too so I don't see the relevance.
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:53 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post

Wow... excellent reference, I forgot about that one. However, the word "Fook" was the key to the answer and you failed to put your answer in the form of a question!

Back you again Bob...
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Wow... excellent reference, I forgot about that one. However, the word "Fook" was the key to the answer and you failed to put your answer in the form of a question!

Back you again Bob...
BAWWW YOU ARE SO UNFAIR
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Just like to say to the mods your doing a good job, you did the right thing to ban HJ and please don't let these idiot trolls get to you. It's obvious that there intentions are evil, there not trying to resolve things, they just want to give you a hard time. I personally think the Motherf##kers should be banned.
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:30 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

You called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Maybe the mods could look into a more severe list of secondary bans for vendors. So instead of getting pardons they get the normal bans, 1st offense 4 day ban, 2nd 10 day and 3rd permanent. But instead of permanent bans you have a 6 month ban or a year or something, followed by a probationary period. This is just an idea i'm throwing out there and this is more concrete than what happened in this case. Instead of fooling around with the pardons and such you have a concrete system to follow and this would reduce people's freaking out and give vendors a second chance to change their tune.
I second this. It's counterintuitive to tell a person who donates to the site that they're being disciplined but I think this is the best idea for future occurrences. Post it in that thread that has the mentions of bans too, perhaps. In any event it seems that John wasn't banned for his infractions because he's a long time member and contributor (not only in monetary donations.)

To be clear: If someone else broke all those rules they would almost certainly have been banned long ago. I don't mind giving people leeway but at the same time you really can't have anyone above the rules.

There's a lot of heat in this thread but I know one thing for sure and that's the fact the mods had a heavy heart banning John. So please, stop with all the accusations of corruption (lol in an internet forum, who cares really.) Anyway, it's just silly of someone to think they can sit in judgment imo, but especially if they don't use any facts while doing so.

Whoever made that post that said the mods are e-bullies really made me facepalm. I have never been to a forum where the mods could hold a candle to ours. Maybe one mod in a bunch on other forums, but the team here is quite exceptional. If you think otherwise I could probably teach you a few life lessons in the span of seconds but it would be a waste of my time talking to you to be honest.
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

I personally think HJ planned this, Why did he make a new forum last year in December? It seems to me that he created it so he could make more money but knew he couldn't compete with HP and was jealous so pulled his social smoke stunt to get banned and start all this drama to get publicity for his new forum and at the same time smear HP.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:17 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

What gets me is, this thread is like a dog chasing his tail. Forever going in circles and nothing is really going to happen except he will chase his tail again. I do believe everyone here is entitled to their opinion,and I believe everyone has done that. Now we are on day 5, and the vendors name keeps coming up. Before this thread was posted,people wanted answers, they got them in the first post. It is plain as day what happened and how it was dealt with. Rules are rules I must say. If it were up to me,this thread would be locked. How long will the vendors name be able to be mentioned?
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:26 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
I personally think HJ planned this, Why did he make a new forum last year in December? It seems to me that he created it so he could make more money but knew he couldn't compete with HP and was jealous so pulled his social smoke stunt to get banned and start all this drama to get publicity for his new forum and at the same time smear HP.
Luv2Smoke, John did not make the forum in december, he took it over. There is a guy that goes by the name of True Hookah King who created it. He gave it to John in December. Anyhow I just want to thank the mods for the tough work.
Thanks guys.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynge View Post
Luv2Smoke, John did not make the forum in december, he took it over. There is a guy that goes by the name of True Hookah King who created it. He gave it to John in December. Anyhow I just want to thank the mods for the tough work.
Thanks guys.
Ok he didn't create it but he does own it so still something to gain as far I'm concerned by smearing HP and starting all this drama.
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post

thats about as funny as a screen door on a battleship
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Ok he didn't create it but he does own it so still something to gain as far I'm concerned by smearing HP and starting all this drama.
here's a thought: does any of this really matter? Its nice and sunny out today, time to crack a Becks and go out and enjoy the day, cheers!
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

i like desi murli tobacco....oh wait wrong thread, am i even on the hookah forum anymore or is this the days of our lives forum, im confused
sorry for posting in the wrong section
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
....oh wait wrong thread, am i even on the hookah forum anymore or is this the days of our lives forum, im confused
Politics abhors a vacuum.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

WoW, what a thread I'm not really going to comment on the merits of this since I haven't been here long enough ( banned once already) or take sides because I never really ordered anything from HJ or dealt with so I was just curious and went to check out his website to see what's the big deal about him. Well, HJ website is still using Hookahpro as a reference. I'm not a lawyer or anything like that but it seems to me that if the relation has been severed maybe he should remove it from his wesite (imo). Here is a cut and paste:
"
[FONT=verdana]Hookah John is the best hookah vendor. ********** gets the best reviews for his customer service. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]********** just took over******me and check out all the hookah info you will need.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]If you are unsure about choosing me just take some time to read through these independent reviews at [FONT=verdana]Hookapro Vendor Reviews[/FONT], and read under ******* Hookah/Hookah John. All of the best online hookah vendors are listed there and I haven't paid a single person to do a write up on me[/FONT][FONT=verdana].[/FONT]
"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; April 5th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaD View Post
WoW, what a thread I'm not really going to comment on the merits of this since I haven't been here long enough ( banned once already) or take sides because I never really ordered anything from HJ or dealt with so I was just curious and went to check out his website to see what's the big deal about him. Well, HJ website is still using Hookahpro as a reference. I'm not a lawyer or anything like that but it seems to me that if the relation has been severed maybe he should remove it from his wesite (imo). Here is a cut and paste:
"
[FONT=verdana]Hookah John is the best hookah vendor. ********** gets the best reviews for his customer service. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]********** just took over ***********Come and check out all the hookah info you will need.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]If you are unsure about choosing me just take some time to read through these independent reviews at [FONT=verdana]Hookapro Vendor Reviews[/FONT], and read under ******* Hookah/Hookah John. All of the best online hookah vendors are listed there and I haven't paid a single person to do a write up on me[/FONT][FONT=verdana].[/FONT]
"
Saw that the other day. It now links to his own forum, where the guy was so sure he was being dumped by HP, that he saved the reviews and posted them on his own site. The way he talks about them is kinda of gross though. Instead of treating them like people/customers, he talks about them like possessions.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; April 5th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwhyte View Post
Saw that the other day. It now links to his own forum, where the guy was so sure he was being dumped by HP, that he saved the reviews and posted them on his own site. The way he talks about them is kinda of gross though. Instead of treating them like people/customers, he talks about them like possessions.
What the hell do u expect? 2+ years of almost 300+ positive reviews with no negative reviews? I would be damn proud and would save them as well.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Okay.

I've been putting this off, but I'm going to weigh in.

This thread is disgusting.

If you've spoken to me much, you may be aware that I think some of the rules around here are a bit heavy-handed and counter productive.

For that matter, I enjoy the community here and the wealth of information available through this board. I also post here instead of elsewhere because in comparison, things are pretty lax around here.

Fact is, even though I don't agree with all the rules, I choose to abide by them. As such I've never had to endure a ban (Miraculously maybe). Because I value being a member of this community more than my own ego.

The point is, the guy in question broke the rules, and the subsequent enforcement of said rules was done.

If you don't like it, you're free to leave or stay. If you choose to stay that means accepting and abiding by the rules laid out. Whether or not you respect or agree with them.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:

I second this thought.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloshambles View Post
here's a thought: does any of this really matter? Its nice and sunny out today, time to crack a Becks and go out and enjoy the day, cheers!
lol i wish it was sunny, im in England and its raining over here and cold.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
in England and its raining over here and cold.
Just another typical day in England.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
lol i wish it was sunny, im in England and its raining over here and cold.
I wish I was there! Libertines reunion this summer!!
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook