Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
dsr711
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

April Fools?

In all seriousness, it's too bad things had to turn out like this. Luckily there's other great vendors out there.
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Im sorry admins and moderators but honestly...

John has his side of the story, Sam has his side of the story. We as members will never know who is right and who is wrong and we should never pick sides and say "No one should ever buy from John again, yada yada"

And HP making a public announcement is stirring up the controversy.

I believe that every member should just keep doing what their doing rather than listening to anyone on either side of the story. If you like **********, then keep buying from him, if you never liked him, then dont. Of course someone is going to be a little bias on their side of the product. EVERYONE is.. yes including Sambooka.

Samb, I noticed a few weeks ago how you started having a Coco-Nara ad in the middle of your HP intro that says "FOR THE BEST COALS, VISIT COCO-NARA.US" is that because they give you free coals? Or do you just like those coals so much you want to advertise it for free? I believe having a coco-nara ad is a little bias. What makes them the best coals Sam, because you said so? And i notice you plug coconara.us on the website everytime you can.. So cmon now!

This site is supposedly by hookah smokers for hookah smokers.. right? Well why are you doing advertising on your own personal "non-bias" videos? I think its wrong personally. Theres another video reviewer out on a different forum thats been around for awhile, not gonna say his name but he does the same thing with ShishaCo coals and has an ad in his intro. I guarantee the dude is getting free coals and thats bias as hell in my opinion.
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
Maylene
Hookah Nut

wow, that's not right. Glad that you guy's are standing you're ground and making this community a better place. I'm sure everyone here appreciates it, and this is just another reason why Hookahpro is a great community.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Jride- We posted it up because a lot of the community wanted answers. So we provided them to everyone so we wouldn't have to keep rehashing the same story over and over and have it lost in translation from the admin- to the mods- then to the individual member who is questioning what is going on.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
Im sorry admins and moderators but honestly...

John has his side of the story, Sam has his side of the story. We as members will never know who is right and who is wrong and we should never pick sides and say "No one should ever buy from John again, yada yada"

And HP making a public announcement is stirring up the controversy.

I believe that every member should just keep doing what their doing rather than listening to anyone on either side of the story. If you like **********, then keep buying from him, if you never liked him, then dont. Of course someone is going to be a little bias on their side of the product. EVERYONE is.. yes including Sambooka.

Samb, I noticed a few weeks ago how you started having a Coco-Nara ad in the middle of your HP intro that says "FOR THE BEST COALS, VISIT COCO-NARA.US" is that because they give you free coals? Or do you just like those coals so much you want to advertise it for free? I believe having a coco-nara ad is a little bias. What makes them the best coals Sam, because you said so? And i notice you plug coconara.us on the website everytime you can.. So cmon now!

This site is supposedly by hookah smokers for hookah smokers.. right? Well why are you doing advertising on your own personal "non-bias" videos? I think its wrong personally. Theres another video reviewer out on a different forum thats been around for awhile, not gonna say his name but he does the same thing with ShishaCo coals and has an ad in his intro. I guarantee the dude is getting free coals and thats bias as hell in my opinion.
Well I've seen his attitude first hand. I've seen him bash other members for asking why some of his products are so expensive and I saw how he bashed Social Smoke.

You do have a point in the rest of your post though, Jride!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:08 AM
sebal
Hookah Nut

well this kinda sucks but like said before we dont have to stop buying from him it's our right to buy from who ever we like but can't do any reviews with their names in it or talk about them but o well break the rulz well then you strike out
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:31 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

I agree with some points too. But I love hookah pro and I am more than willing to not talk about John or his site on the forums. Being bias is something that you need to form a opinion on by yourself some people you trust on their reviews and others you dont. I do trust Sambooka, photolinger, and paddlebadboy to name a few. No one is saying dont buy from John most people like his service and products including me its just that he broke the rules and treated people with disrespect and that sucks and I completely agree that this shouldnt be allowed. As for what J ride said about the coco naras I do agree I dont care for that, but I do trust Sambooka!

Last edited by davidbondok; April 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: grammer
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

*stands and claps* im not going to lie john has messed up my order every time i order from him and idk why everyone loves him my order eather come short or messed up, i have not order from john in a long time due to this matter
and HP is for our honest op and for john to want you to lie and say that you think his coals are the best isnt what this forums about

i just give props to sam and all the mobs of HP for having to deal with that
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleboy3190 View Post
and HP is for our honest op and for john to want you to lie and say that you think his coals are the best isnt what this forums about
Wants you to lie and say his coals are the best?

wait wait WHAT? This has never EVER happened.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

He never said to say they were best, but he did ask samb to say that they didn't stink because he was a sponsoring vendor and it was hurting his sales... So asking samb to lie but not to say they were the best.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:57 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

We are doing what we can.

Jride, Sambooka is allowed to have opinions and express them in the way he wants to. Saying something is the best is just opinion and word choice. At some time or another most people will say something is the best when others disagree. It's just language.

I can assure you that Sambooka doesn't get his coals comped. If anyone was silly enough to send us free products for the purpose of promotion they would be pretty dissapointed. We turn down a lot of stuff because people want us to give them unfair treatment for it.

It's his favorite coals and one he feels is a product worth promoting. I know plenty of people that plug their favorite hookahs, hoses and coal every time they review but that does not mean they are getting paid by the makers.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Wants you to lie and say his coals are the best?

wait wait WHAT? This has never EVER happened.
Ya... it did. It was gone over in the main post (the bit about the smell).
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:09 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I'm sorry it has come to this. I liked John and I have a few of his exclusive items. How does this play out for crown hookahs who sells a mouth piece on a narb? I bought my first phunnel. An alien may be needing help using it. Could I ask for help using a tangiers mini? I don't know how to use a phunnel though there are reviews I haven't seen too much for the mini. My allegiance lies with hp bc of the members and help I have recieved. Though I wish everyone got along. Too bad we couldn't have had hj's comments be approved by mods before they were posted. It's unfortunate samb didn't wait til it's April 2 in all parts of the world as he did pull an all out prank today
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
We are doing what we can.

Jride, Sambooka is allowed to have opinions and express them in the way he wants to. Saying something is the best is just opinion and word choice. At some time or another most people will say something is the best when others disagree. It's just language.

I can assure you that Sambooka doesn't get his coals comped. If anyone was silly enough to send us free products for the purpose of promotion they would be pretty dissapointed. We turn down a lot of stuff because people want us to give them unfair treatment for it.

It's his favorite coals and one he feels is a product worth promoting. I know plenty of people that plug their favorite hookahs, hoses and coal every time they review but that does not mean they are getting paid by the makers.
Let me tell you what. I love JMs Pink Lemonade but I will never advertise them in a video review similar to how Sambooka does with Coconara unless they were giving me free shisha or paying me. Why? Because I want my video reviews to look as unbiased as possible.

If Sambooka can have opinions and express things in the way he wants to, why cant John do the same?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Because he is a vendor and it is against the rules for vendors to post such things Jride. All of the vendors have abided by this rule.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

It's unfortunate that a well known vendor had to go b/c of his behavior. But thanks for clearing the air, Samb. It was written in a professional, informative, just, and in a nonhateful manner. Well Done.

Anyhow, lets keep up that chill-face attitude that we, the HP family, have come to love and appreciate.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Because he is a vendor and it is against the rules for vendors to post such things Jride. All of the vendors have abided by this rule.
Everyone is bias is all I'm saying. So to make John look bad for that reason is dumb.

He did start a new forum, but so what? Why does hookahpro need to be the ultimate hookah forum above the rest? you already got 10,000+ members.. no other hookah forum comes even close to that. NOT EVEN CLOSE. You honestly have no competition when it comes to hookah forums. To me, that seems like one of the main reasons you guys are mad.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:22 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Everyone is bias is all I'm saying. So to make John look bad for that reason is dumb.

He did start a new forum, but so what? Why does hookahpro need to be the ultimate hookah forum above the rest? you already got 10,000+ members.. no other hookah forum comes even close to that. NOT EVEN CLOSE. You honestly have no competition when it comes to hookah forums. To me, that seems like one of the main reasons you guys are mad.
we're not mad at John for starting a forum. In fact, we're glad he now has a new place push his wares. What we find ironic, is how he(and you as his mouthpiece) claim that our forum is in the pocket of vendors when he, AS A VENDOR had started a forum.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:22 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Jride, I see where you are coming from but I think you should tone the rhetoric down a few notches. I appreciate your presense here even if you like the fruity shishas. I've watched most of your vids and you seem chill enough. Please be civil dude. I'd hate for you to be banned
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:23 AM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Quote:

I'm sorry.. but i think you're being a little rude in your posts.
This post was made with the intention of informing everyone what was going on.

The post didn't make john look bad, the REAL & FACTUAL information made himself look bad. Besides, he clearly stated that there is no ill will against John. which is great, no one should wish anything bad for John.

It's awesome that he created his own forum! more power to him. no one's mad at him for that.

^_^ c'mon. no one hates anyone. just read the facts, and move on. HP is a place where people can peacefully talk and just have fun. There are rules and regulations that need to be upheld. Lets have a good time while doing it
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:

It has nothing to do with competition Jride, We have no grude against John for trying to improve his life or his business. What the issue is was the lack of respect in following our rules. He chose to do things his way and it conflicted with our vendor guidelines. Simple as that. People need to look at this from a different viewpoint than seeing John as their friend. Anybody would be upset if something happened to their friend its human nature. You know that their are rules at Hookah Pro, everyone is expected to abide by them to keep this a great community. John has been pardoned many many times. We did everything we could to work with him Jride. But he chose a different path and we had to part ways. No ill will or anger is directed at John at all. We meant it when we said we wish him the best.
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:

While I consider it against my better reasoning to discuss this here I will explain my views.

There are rules to keep this forum from being a pile of advertisement on behalf of the vendors trying to push their products on you.

We are not trying to be the biggest. Just the best and that means that we can not be controlled by whoever is willing to throw out the most money. The importance of the other forum was that he created it before there was any problem or possibility of a ban. He kept it hidden that he was the owner and creator and later stated that he started it when he saw his days here coming to an end. He was planning on booting from the beginning. The fact that the forum exists doesn't matter. I believe that the more places there are to enjoy our hobby the better.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Jride-

We are upset that he lied about the creation of the forum. He swore up and down that he had nothing to do with it when people called him out on it. We don't care that he's a member of other forums... He's a member of several.

It's just an accumulation of all the crap over the years. This is just one of the straws that helped break the camels back. He has broken the rules here and he's gone. That's that.

And PS. He was the one who keeps bringing up the biased thing. We're just saying, why does an admitted biased vendor get to have opinions, but we don't?

Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
It has nothing to do with competition Jride, We have no grude against John for trying to improve his life or his business. What the issue is was the lack of respect in following our rules. He chose to do things his way and it conflicted with our vendor guidelines. Simple as that. People need to look at this from a different viewpoint than seeing John as their friend. Anybody would be upset if something happened to their friend its human nature. You know that their are rules at Hookah Pro, everyone is expected to abide by them to keep this a great community. John has been pardoned many many times. We did everything we could to work with him Jride. But he chose a different path and we had to part ways. No ill will or anger is directed at John at all. We meant it when we said we wish him the best.
Fair enough.. I just dont like how the main thread post initiated peoples reactions. Immediately people started saying.. "Oh man, I wont support this ********** anymore" and people are talking about taking their video reviews down and such. You guys gotta realize, people on this forum respect the mods way too much and will stick by them thru anything and take sides of HP (kinda good thing I guess but can be bad also).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
we're not mad at John for starting a forum. In fact, we're glad he now has a new place push his wares. What we find ironic, is how he(and you as his mouthpiece) claim that our forum is in the pocket of vendors when he, AS A VENDOR had started a forum.
He states hes openly bias. You should know that all vendors and salesmen will push products on you. Your the one that has the final say to buy it or not. I take what anyone says with a grain of salt.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
And PS. He was the one who keeps bringing up the biased thing. We're just saying, why does an admitted biased vendor get to have opinions, but we don't?
at least hes admitting it rather than being bias and denying it.

ya feel me?
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook