Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

I totally understand where Sambooka is coming from on most of this, but it is kind of crazy for John to not be able to give his opinion just like everyone else would. Even though he is a Vendor he was not always a vendor, at one point he was just a normal joe who smoked hookah. Like all of us.
John asking Sam not to say what he said is kind of shady, but hey..we all know they stink while being lit its the truth.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmancherry1 View Post
I totally understand where Sambooka is coming from on most of this, but it is kind of crazy for John to not be able to give his opinion just like everyone else would. Even though he is a Vendor he was not always a vendor, at one point he was just a normal joe who smoked hookah. Like all of us.
John asking Sam not to say what he said is kind of shady, but hey..we all know they stink while being lit its the truth.
Exactly.. I felt John was way more than a vendor on this community.. Who else would go threw so much and give so much knowledge and info to people discussing random things about hookah.

for example, if I post a thread asking opinions on Nakhla Cherry, I want everyones opinions including wildmancherry, sambooka and even John. I honestly dont see what the big problem is. But hey, since hes a vendor, gotta follow the rules right?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
Fair enough.. I just dont like how the main thread post initiated peoples reactions. Immediately people started saying.. "Oh man, I wont support this ********** anymore" and people are talking about taking their video reviews down and such. You guys gotta realize, people on this forum respect the mods way too much and will stick by them thru anything and take sides of HP (kinda good thing I guess but can be bad also).

He states hes openly bias. You should know that all vendors and salesmen will push products on you. Your the one that has the final say to buy it or not. I take what anyone says with a grain of salt.
We posted it for full disclosure. Nothing else. People have a right to make informed decisions.

It's great that you take everything with a grain of salt. We have the vendor rules in place so that the forum does not become a pool of forceful and biased posts that need wading through to get to actual content and discussion.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

John as been a good vendor to me and has some good products. But I agree that he should be banned, he broke the rules end of story. I dont like advertisements in general because things like this happen and in my opinion it makes things seem cheap, but thats just my opinion. The hookah pro community is great from the newbies to the mods to Mr. Sambooka himself. So I say that we stop all this bad vibe. We all enjoy hookah does it really matter if John is not on the site, know one is stoping you me or anyone from buying his stuff. Now im about to smoke a bowl of nakhla mizo peach and enjoy a classic movie ferris bueller's day off!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Exactly.. I felt John was way more than a vendor on this community.. Who else would go threw so much and give so much knowledge and info to people discussing random things about hookah.

for example, if I post a thread asking opinions on Nakhla Cherry, I want everyones opinions including wildmancherry, sambooka and even John. I honestly dont see what the big problem is. But hey, since hes a vendor, gotta follow the rules right?

I would. And have and do.

And yes. Being a vendor comes with rules as does being a member here. They are in place to keep our forum clean and peaceful. I'm a fan.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:38 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmancherry1 View Post
Thats is true wildman, but the point is, He was a vendor here. We have rules for Vendors to follow in order to make this a fair playing field for all of the vendors. The rule were not followed. You guys can all plainly see we arent hard asses when it comes to Moderating HP. Even John could admit that he was given plenty of breaks and pardons (will he? maybe, maybe not). So for people to think this was something personal they are sadly mistaken. Not one member of the HP staff has said not to buy from John or anything to that affect. In fact if you read the announcement we specifically mention that so there is no confusion. Members will voice their opinions on whether they want to buy or not, that is their choice.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

I respect the decision of Samb and the mods. I think yall are all great people, but I am seeing a few questions in this thread that are getting unanswered that if they were answered will help people know what to do about a few things.
I am about to start making video reviews, and I want to know if I might get in trouble if I say I am using such and such hookah with a narb hose and a mod bowl? Basic things people say in reviews. Or do I have to leave out what hose I am using? Or say I am using a alien bowl. People like know know the smoke time out of a bowl for different shishas. If I can't say what bowl I am using they might get completely different results and be a little confused about it.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:

I think your missing the point. By constantly beaking the rules and taking every oportunity to push his wares, he wasn't playing fair w/regards to the other vendors who sponsor just as he did.His actions were potentialy limiting the options of our members to have access to other vendors and products because he was potentially scaring them off w/his constant self promotion and eventual outright trashing of his competition. It is exactly BECAUSE we strive to remain unbiased regarding vendors that he was becoming a problem.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrummy87 View Post
I respect the decision of Samb and the mods. I think yall are all great people, but I am seeing a few questions in this thread that are getting unanswered that if they were answered will help people know what to do about a few things.
I am about to start making video reviews, and I want to know if I might get in trouble if I say I am using such and such hookah with a narb hose and a mod bowl? Basic things people say in reviews. Or do I have to leave out what hose I am using? Or say I am using a alien bowl. People like know know the smoke time out of a bowl for different shishas. If I can't say what bowl I am using they might get completely different results and be a little confused about it.
Brummy, we're working on this and will lay out a framework in a day or 2. Please be patient. As you can see, we've got our hands full. We want to find a fair way to adress these issues regarding products ect.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:48 AM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Brummy, we're working on this and will lay out a framework in a day or 2. Please be patient. As you can see, we've got our hands full. We want to find a fair way to adress these issues regarding products ect.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:50 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
If Sambooka can have opinions and express things in the way he wants to, why cant John do the same?
Because Sambooka owns this site and can say whatever he wants.
His house = His rules.
Also, he's not making any money on anything he reviews.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:51 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrummy87 View Post
We have not come to a final conclusion on the mentioning of products yet. We understand that you guys are kind of in limbo with us right now and for that we're sorry. We will have the answer for you guys hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

If you mention the products right now, just try to omit where you got them. Until we come to a final decision you will not be banned for mentioning the narbish, ch coals, or the alien bowl. The review on these products are locked at this time though along with his vendor review thread.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:53 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I wish there were a way for vendors to be able to share their knowledge. I'm an accounting major and I am interested by the business end of things. Too bad vendor posts don't start out with a disclaimer stating they are a vendor and may push their products. I completely disagree with slander though. Vendors see how the whole chain works from top to bottom. It's a shame they can't talk about it to show us why things are the way they are. It's up to members to stumble upon new products and thread ideas. Vendors know what it is like to go to the source and discover new things where as I don't have th ability to travel to Egypt or turkey
that being said I support this site first. I would like to see it get better by user input though
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
We have not come to a final conclusion on the mentioning of products yet. We understand that you guys are kind of in limbo with us right now and for that we're sorry. We will have the answer for you guys hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

If you mention the products right now, just try to omit where you got them. Until we come to a final decision you will not be banned for mentioning the narbish, ch coals, or the alien bowl. The review on these products are locked at this time though along with his vendor review thread.
Just a quick comment on the products listed. Though we all know they are basically John's products you can get these at other vendors. I know the coals are pretty much anywhere and the narbish hose is now on crownhookah's website.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:58 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Manjaco- I meant if you got them from HJ.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:58 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Just a quick comment on the products listed. Though we all know they are basically John's products you can get these at other vendors. I know the coals are pretty much anywhere and the narbish hose is now on crownhookah's website.
so what will happen to vendors that work with John?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:02 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymatingcall View Post
so what will happen to vendors that work with John?
see above. We're gonna lay all this out soon enough.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:06 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Wow.... Thanks for the info guys.. I knew about some of this stuff already... But didn't know how bad it was though... It's good to know where John stands.. Personally I'll take my business else where.. I like to support vendors who support the HookahPro community ..

IMO I think John got to cocky.. Since he saw All the support he had from HP members.. And saw that he can get away with alot of shit on here.. Ehh
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:07 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
I wish there were a way for vendors to be able to share their knowledge. I'm an accounting major and I am interested by the business end of things. Too bad vendor posts don't start out with a disclaimer stating they are a vendor and may push their products. I completely disagree with slander though. Vendors see how the whole chain works from top to bottom. It's a shame they can't talk about it to show us why things are the way they are. It's up to members to stumble upon new products and thread ideas. Vendors know what it is like to go to the source and discover new things where as I don't have th ability to travel to Egypt or turkey
that being said I support this site first. I would like to see it get better by user input though
That's what the vendor section is for. They have free range to promote new deals and products there.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

It will be interesting to see how things turn out. Johns sales numbers and HPs new member/active member numbers. The results may affect how things pan out. If one ends up hurting they may have to compromise to the other
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:15 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
That's what the vendor section is for. They have free range to promote new deals and products there.
thanks but does stuff posted there show up on the main page? I know "carts" don't show up and I think some contests don't always show up. I mainly browse the front page and don't dig into the subcategories. Maybe changing that could help vendors as long as there is a disclaimer. Lest I am mistaken about their posts showing up on the main page
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how things turn out. Johns sales numbers and HPs new member/active member numbers. The results may affect how things pan out. If one ends up hurting they may have to compromise to the other
It's not about business to us. If it was just about numbers there would be better ways to do things like handing out loads of free product to drive up attendance. Instead our focus is on the community and it's members. We want to make this a place where people can come and enjoy themselves without animosity or being under the control of a company or vendor. We have a strong fan base and we will provide this service for as long as we can.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:21 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
thanks but does stuff posted there show up on the main page? I know "carts" don't show up and I think some contests don't always show up. I mainly browse the front page and don't dig into the subcategories. Maybe changing that could help vendors as long as there is a disclaimer. Lest I am mistaken about their posts showing up on the main page
They do. They show up like any other post. they are just much more rare and can get buried easily in that format. i suggest the new post function. I use it almost exclusively and only go to specific categories if I am looking for something in particular.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:25 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
It's not about business to us. If it was just about numbers there would be better ways to do things like handing out loads of free product to drive up attendance. Instead our focus is on the community and it's members. We want to make this a place where people can come and enjoy themselves without animosity or being under the control of a company or vendor. We have a strong fan base and we will provide this service for as long as we can.
I understand that but should some weird chain of events be set off I was hypothesizing that rules would change. I was mainly referring to John coming back and begging to be let back in but allowing for the alternative
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:29 AM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
They do. They show up like any other post. they are just much more rare and can get buried easily in that format. i suggest the new post function. I use it almost exclusively and only go to specific categories if I am looking for something in particular.
Thank you for informing me of this. Could this feature be publicized or maybe I'm just left out. But I know "carts" don't show up on the main page. I've seen some posted in the last couple minutes and they are no where to be found on the main page
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook