Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
That's not much of a joke lol. There is no reason to fear any reprimand so long as you are respectful and don't intentionally hurt the community and it's members. You are free to have your own opinions. We are not some collective consciousness that has the same opinions. There isn't much we all agree on regarding products actually lol.

Our most important goal is making this a safe and pleasant place for you guys. Sadly some people take great pleasure in mixing things up and trying to dismantle the work of others for no other reason than because it's something to do. Those people are not welcomed here.
Thanks I do agree. For awhile it just seemed like Hookah John "fanboys against the mods and the Sambooka "fanboys" and really was unbecoming of a community this great.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
And you know this how? You take his word for it? Cmon now. I dont see any reason why someone would randomly start putting a Coco-Nara commercial in their video reviews if they are not getting comped coals or paid $$.. easy as that.
Im not a MOD am i but i considered putting a commerical for shishabuzz in my intro, as i new they were a great company with great products, and i wanted all the euro and UK watchers of my videos to know about them, i wasnt getting comped or payed wotsoever, but i still considered it as i knew it would help them, and was no lose to me, but i was too lazy to incorparate they logo in my intro, cause i would have had to make a new intro again.

If SamB stands by coconaras and wants everyone to know about them so be it, it doesnt mean he them gets for free, he could just be spreading the word.

Before coco coals came about SamB used to "promote" exoticas as they were the coals he really liked using, so everytime he mentions a product doesnt mean he gets it for free and is advertising he is giving his personal opinion
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbondok View Post
Thanks I do agree. For awhile it just seemed like Hookah John "fanboys against the mods and the Sambooka "fanboys" and really was unbecoming of a community this great.
I can promise that it's not quite over yet... While we have laid everything on the table and want nothing more than for peace to return there are a few members and former members that have been making a haphazard attempt to cause unrest and spam the forums. One of them admits that he was planning on trolling the forums openly but this just gave him a good excuse. People like that make these things harder for both sides and it's sad that in times like these trolls are fed and supported just because they choose a side to attack in the name of.

I want to make it extremely clear that I will personally reprimand anyone that is found trolling any other forum or community in our name or to "support" us. That is counter productive and goes against much of what I stand for. Any person that supports such people and such attacks on either side is just pitiful.

Let it be. Do not cause trouble. There is enough drama and plenty of people that thrive on it. If you add to it you just encourage the people that have nothing more going for them than making others unhappy.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

The only thing I have an issue with about the whole coco-nara thing is, isnt any intro showing an AF box, Nakhla Box, SB jar the same thing in a sense. I know they are clips from other videos and the coco-nara thing was added to the those frames but an intro with clips like that is almost an advertisement in itself wether its mine, yours, or sambookas. I mean what if someone wanted to know what kind of coals those are. Im trying to bring some valid thoughts to that issue.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjr210 View Post
The only thing I have an issue with about the whole coco-nara thing is, isnt any intro showing an AF box, Nakhla Box, SB jar the same thing in a sense. I know they are clips from other videos and the coco-nara thing was added to the those frames but an intro with clips like that is almost an advertisement in itself wether its mine, yours, or sambookas. I mean what if someone wanted to know what kind of coals those are. Im trying to bring some valid thoughts to that issue.
I think showing a picture of a product and putting a mini banner saying, "Visit coco-nara.us for the best coals" are two different things. Personally, I could care less. I love Coconara coals. They're my coals of choice the majority of the time. But let's all be honest, seeing that banner my first thought is, "Coco-Nara is sponsoring SamB in some way. No other reason to put their website on every video." If I was a vendor sponsoring HP, I'd be a little annoyed if he was doing it for free. Just my thoughts.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Jride, I think you need to relax on this. As you are constantly bringing up just one portion of the reason why he is being banned and not looking at the whole picture.

I'm not going to comment on much else. However I will state this.

IMO, HJ was/is a good Vendor. However, that’s just it. He is a Vendor. Every Vendor is going to be out for themselves and the products that they sell. I don't think this thread has any bearing on that. What this thread does have a bearing on, and why HJ is being banned is the LACK of respect for the forum.

I don't care who you are. If you don’t respect the forum, its member and its rules, then you have no place being here. In actuality, vendors should the THE MOST cautious and alert to breaking or undermining rules that are set for them and the forum. If HJ cared enough about US the consumer and the HP members, then he wouldn’t have broken all of the rules that he has broken.

I don't think SamB or the other MODS have ever stated that HJ cannot create videos or reviews OR advertisements for his products. What they have stated is that his biased reviews and videos are posted in the wrong place and have no place here. If i am wrong on this I am sure that I will be corrected. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as well as to be able to purchase their products from whoever they choose.

In my closing, IF HJ didn't want to be banned, he would not have blatantly broken multiple rules of this forum and then begged for forgiveness for it. I lost a lot of respect for him as a vendor, when he suddenly attacked other vendors and their products. He should have been banned for this period. HJ is gone. If you don't like it there is nothing you can do about it. If you want him to still be around as a vendor, continue to purchase from him and he will stay around as a vendor no matter what. Personally, I don't want to deal with unethical vendors. Thank you for your time.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbondok View Post
Hookah pro has been a great source and is the best place to learn about hookah and I agree that John has broken rules and should be banned. Now that being said there are a lot of good points here. No disrespect to anyone especially sambooka but in a way I do fear the mod squad (joke) in a way if I go against there views I might be in trouble.
I agree to an extent David. Our members should be comfortable discussing any product they wish w/out being attacked for it. PERIOD! Having said that, if you feel a member or staff member is being unnecesarrily harsh in a response w/the sole purpose of trashing a product, or worse, a members opinion, you have every right to speak up in a mature and respectful manner. There is no punishment for speaking your mind here at HP. As long as it's done in the same manner w/which you would like to be treated in return. Our staff is not an annointed body who answers to noone. We answer to one another, we answer to Sambooka, and yes we answer to you, our members. We have a resposibility to ALL of you to keep the peace and keep this jugernaut bumpin' along smoothly and our members have a right to opine when they feel disrespected or otherwise slighted by anyone, staff included.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
laronde20
Hookah Newbie

I have a couple of video reviews I have yet to edit (made about a week or two ago) and I mention John's name. Can I still put them up on HP, or will I have to re-record them with no mention of John?

And, am I allowed to say, for example, "I am smoking out of my KM with two ******* Hookah coals" since I know it is a product made by him.

Thanks and I am really sad for this news.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by laronde20 View Post
I have a couple of video reviews I have yet to edit (made about a week or two ago) and I mention John's name. Can I still put them up on HP, or will I have to re-record them with no mention of John?

And, am I allowed to say, for example, "I am smoking out of my KM with two ******* Hookah coals" since I know it is a product made by him.

Thanks and I am really sad for this news.
The mentioning of a banned vendor in the videos won't fly. And we're working on the product issue as we speak Laronde. Please feel free to edit your vids. We'de love to have 'em!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
The mentioning of a banned vendor in the videos won't fly. And we're working on the product issue as we speak Laronde. Please feel free to edit your vids. We'de love to have 'em!
I have a few videos left to edit and may also have mentioned John's name. Could you guys do a grace period for finished editing videos? If not I will see what I can do for editing purposes.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Jride, while you are free to have your opinions and express them it's not looked well upon to be "murkin". I believe that is how you phrased it. Trolling is looked down upon in the forums and intentionally trying to excite people falls in that category. I've liked you and this kind of behavior really makes me sad. I thought I had been a fair and kind friend to you and everyone here. Attacking the forum that I have been a part of so passionately is an attack at me.

Please just enjoy the peace we have been able to build here.
Whos the one trolling onto other forums?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Jride, man, please just stop. Everyone wants peace. What has happened has happened. It can't be changed by you or I, so why not just accept it?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I think showing a picture of a product and putting a mini banner saying, "Visit coco-nara.us for the best coals" are two different things. Personally, I could care less. I love Coconara coals. They're my coals of choice the majority of the time. But let's all be honest, seeing that banner my first thought is, "Coco-Nara is sponsoring SamB in some way. No other reason to put their website on every video." If I was a vendor sponsoring HP, I'd be a little annoyed if he was doing it for free. Just my thoughts.
+1000. HALLELUJAH!

and im out this thread.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I agree to an extent David. Our members should be comfortable discussing any product they wish w/out being attacked for it. PERIOD! Having said that, if you feel a member or staff member is being unnecesarrily harsh in a response w/the sole purpose of trashing a product, or worse, a members opinion, you have every right to speak up in a mature and respectful manner. There is no punishment for speaking your mind here at HP. As long as it's done in the same manner w/which you would like to be treated in return. Our staff is not an annointed body who answers to noone. We answer to one another, we answer to Sambooka, and yes we answer to you, our members. We have a resposibility to ALL of you to keep the peace and keep this jugernaut bumpin' along smoothly and our members have a right to opine when they feel disrespected or otherwise slighted by anyone, staff included.
Sounds Good Thanks
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post

and im out this thread.

Thank god for that!!!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Thank god for that!!!
HE'S GOING GOING GOING AAAANNNNND GONE...someplace else. Quick tie the gate shut and bar all the windows before he comes back!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Sad to see that HJ couldn't abide by the rules. He is a decent vendor with a good selection of products. All the times I've purchased from him turned out well.
However, I've always questioned his business ethics since day one. I've read many posts by him that are clearly out of line for a vendor, in fact this site became a personal advertisement since so many people were on his "bandwagon" and would blindly support anything he posted or made without regard to rules or the interest of US...the consumer. It became so apparent that John had his hands all over this forum that even SocialSmoke mentioned this very fact while in defense of their tobacco after John's smear post a while back. This was grounds alone for a ban and a possible lawsuit for defamation on SS's new product and company. Things like these are not OK by any means.
I'm breathing a sigh of relief to see that this forum has its head on straight and sticks to the rules they set forth. I'm also hopeful that they make this an example to ALL vendors alike, using a forum to push your product, company, or what have you creates an unhealthy environment for everyone, especially us, the customers.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post

This thread will remain open for discussion but will be closed if it gets too heated.

Thank You .. The Hookah Pro Staff
is it almost to that point?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignited View Post
Sad to see that HJ couldn't abide by the rules. He is a decent vendor with a good selection of products. All the times I've purchased from him turned out well.
However, I've always questioned his business ethics since day one. I've read many posts by him that are clearly out of line for a vendor, in fact this site became a personal advertisement since so many people were on his "bandwagon" and would blindly support anything he posted or made without regard to rules or the interest of US...the consumer. It became so apparent that John had his hands all over this forum that even SocialSmoke mentioned this very fact while in defense of their tobacco after John's smear post a while back. This was grounds alone for a ban and a possible lawsuit for defamation on SS's new product and company. Things like these are not OK by any means.
I'm breathing a sigh of relief to see that this forum has its head on straight and sticks to the rules they set forth. I'm also hopeful that they make this an example to ALL vendors alike, using a forum to push your product, company, or what have you creates an unhealthy environment for everyone, especially us, the customers.
This man clearly ''gets it''!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
whordehey
Hookah Newbie

Not being able to mention one of the top coals in the industry is comical at best. I didn't think i would see this kind of bullshit in the hookah community.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
is it almost to that point?
W/the exception of a few fanboys who are being egged on from the outside, folks have been fairly level headed. Even those whom disagree. Fact is, if we didn't leave this open for discussion. This would all be happening in other threads as we've seen recently before we came out. Better to keep it contained and let everyone voice their thoughts so we can move on.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Quote:
Originally Posted by whordehey View Post
Not being able to mention one of the top coals in the industry is comical at best. I didn't think i would see this kind of bullshit in the hookah community.
The mods and Samb have said they will discuss how to handle this. Please don't get things fired up again. Wait to see what happens first.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
At what point did anyone say you couldn't mention his coals at this point? As I've stated 3 0r 4 times in this thread, we're in the proccess of deciding the status of his products. And for the record, CH coals are hardly the ''top'' coal in the industry. It may seem so as the boards have been saturated w/them. But there is ALOT of industry out the that feels otherwise.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Whordehey, the mods have not yet come to a conclusion about what will be done with the mentioning of his products. We may still be able to mention them but not mention where we got them from, should we have gotten them from John. This isn't bullshit. It's how it has to be. He broke rules numerous times and now he has to pay the consequences. This could possibly include the mentioning of his products when we use them for reviews.

Don't go jumping to conclusions until we hear everything out. They are still working and we will hear about the end result soon enough.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
i do agree. also i think it makes it awkward to not even be able to mention banned vendors names, i have no issue with not letting them post or what not but especially when it is a popular vendor it gets weird. i know that john was banned at another place before he changed his company name only because it had "*******" in the name which totally stupid and made it very hard to even refer to his stuff.

not trying to stir anything just trying to express my opinion on this. it is weird cause with all the other things i have been on forums for (paintball, jeeps, etc) i never really saw any vendors banned and if they were the restrictions were not as harsh as i have seen across multiple hookah forums. not my house and not my rules though just pointing out that it is interesting it happens like this in the hookah community
-matt
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook