Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forum Announcement: Regarding Hookah John

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
whordehey
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

I'm not saying that hj being banned was bs, rules are rules whatever...but i think the fact that mentioning banned vendors being against forum rules is ridiculous.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whordehey View Post
I'm not saying that hj being banned was bs, rules are rules whatever...but i think the fact that mentioning banned vendors being against forum rules is ridiculous.
We don't promote vendors that have been banned.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

promoting seems to be things like allowing ads and allowing them to post, members mentioning a vendor seems to get a little nit picky.

again not my house, not my rules
-matt
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
whordehey
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
We don't promote vendors that have been banned.
All I'm saying is that before he was banned he was probably the most well respected vendor, and by not allowing him to be mentioned many people could miss out on a good hookah purchasing experience. Not saying that other vendors don't provide a good experience, but I've never been more satisfied buying shisha and coals than through a vendor that we can no longer mention by name.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whordehey View Post
All I'm saying is that before he was banned he was probably the most well respected vendor, and by not allowing him to be mentioned many people could miss out on a good hookah purchasing experience. Not saying that other vendors don't provide a good experience, but I've never been more satisfied buying shisha and coals than through a vendor that we can no longer mention by name.
This just allows other vendors who will follow the rules to replace him with the customer service we came to expect from John. TBH, I bought everything I want from him, I'm just disappointed I have to wait on a verdict to review his products that came in Wednesday for me. Also, DM is my preferred moassel so I will be getting most of my orders from h1. Hopefully Kamal can work out something with HP to becoming a supporting vendor
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
Whos the one trolling onto other forums?
To the best of my knowledge nobody is trolling on other forums. Lots of people are members of other communities and I am sure that if there was a known hookahpro member creating ruckus, drama or spam in our name it would get back to us. I am just talking hypothetically. I disapprove of trolling and attacks on both sides.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
promoting seems to be things like allowing ads and allowing them to post, members mentioning a vendor seems to get a little nit picky.

again not my house, not my rules
-matt
I agree, but with limitations

1. I agree that no being able to mention products on here is an inconvenience to everyone.
2. I'd like to be able to voice my opinion on anything so long as it is in an adult fashion, and not fear parts of my post being censored due to someone being banned.
3. I also recognize the necessity for the "no mention of banned vendors" rule since it would put a huge strain on the moderators to enforce a looser version of this rule. People will be swayed to post things that are inflammatory to one side or the other, act in behalf of, instigate, etc... It opens too many windows for problems.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignited View Post
I agree, but with limitations

1. I agree that no being able to mention products on here is an inconvenience to everyone.
2. I'd like to be able to voice my opinion on anything so long as it is in an adult fashion, and not fear parts of my post being censored due to someone being banned.
3. I also recognize the necessity for the "no mention of banned vendors" rule since it would put a huge strain on the moderators to enforce a looser version of this rule. People will be swayed to post things that are inflammatory to one side or the other, act in behalf of, instigate, etc... It opens too many windows for problems.
i agree that both sides of a policy have issues, just a very complicated situation all over
-matt
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

Here are my conclusive thoughts...

Mods - I understand why you banned ********** and will not object, however, when trying to help other hookah smokers get what they need or want and one of John's products comes to mind, I will not hesitate to tell them about it. I am merely giving my opinion, and I feel it is my right to do so. I will miss John on here.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymatingcall View Post
This just allows other vendors who will follow the rules to replace him with the customer service we came to expect from John. TBH, I bought everything I want from him, I'm just disappointed I have to wait on a verdict to review his products that came in Wednesday for me. Also, DM is my preferred moassel so I will be getting most of my orders from h1. Hopefully Kamal can work out something with HP to becoming a supporting vendor
If a vendor does replace John with excellent customer service, great products, and good prices then that's great! However, ********** is still a vendor out there...he may be banned from HookahPro now, but I will still recommend him if I feel it will be the best someone.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag15 View Post
If a vendor does replace John with excellent customer service, great products, and good prices then that's great! However, ********** is still a vendor out there...he may be banned from HookahPro now, but I will still recommend him if I feel it will be the best someone.
You have every right to recommend him if that is what you feel. But you just cant do it on Hookah Pro. Its against our rules, plain and simple.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
LU_aDaK
Hookah Newbie

I understand not being allowed to mention a sale or even a new product. But if someone complains of bad customer service or a troublesome transaction with a random vendor, and they want a recommendation for someone who I have never ever had a problematic order with.... I will say John.

Not allowing him to post, or the mention of his sales is justifiable due to the rules which are in place, and the warnings that were given.

BUT ignoring him as if he didn't exist is a GREAT DISSERVICE to the hookah community, especially new hookah enthusiasts. It would be like if Eric from tangiers was banned. Not talking about using phunnel bowls, or tangiers tobacco would be outright ridiculous. It would be a disservice to the community and to those wanting to get the best experience possible out of the hobby.

*I understand HJ is a vendor, so it is not apples to apples, but you get the picture.

Just my opinion... much love to all of HP, and RIP to HJ account. I hope hj thrives and continues to grow, just as I hope this community does as well.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
If a vendor does replace John with excellent customer service, great products, and good prices then that's great!
there is a vendor or 2 that i have in mind that replaced him.. in every way
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

What happens to old HP videos with his name mentioned in them?

are they staying up?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
You have every right to recommend him if that is what you feel. But you just cant do it on Hookah Pro. Its against our rules, plain and simple.
Sorry...If I get banned for helping people out on here, then so be it. Telling people what they can and can't recommend for hookah products on HOOKAH site is over the top. You guys are coming off as a little power driven. Ban John, and ban posting directly advertising for John, but don't ban the members.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
BIGPOPPA

Quote:
Sorry...If I get banned for helping people out on here, then so be it. Telling people what they can and can't recommend for hookah products on HOOKAH site is over the top. You guys are coming off as a little power driven. Ban John, and ban posting directly advertising for John, but don't ban the members.
Nobody is instantly banned for mentioning a banned vendor. But if a member insists upon breaking the rules out of sheer spite as you are basically implying then yes they will be banned. It is a rule that has been put in place to keep the peace on the forum. This is to help prevent arguments or outright disruptions regarding a vendor that chose to break rules and guidelines to suit their own agendas.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
We have rules here. When a vendor is banned he/she is not to be mentioned. Nothing ''power driven'' about it. If members mention a banned vendor they are sent a freindly ''heads up'' regarding the infraction. If a member (such as yourself)does it knowing it's a banned vendor they will be handled in accordance w/our discipline policy.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Nobody is instantly banned for mentioning a banned vendor. But if a member insists upon breaking the rules out of sheer spite as you are basically implying then yes they will be banned. It is a rule that has been put in place to keep the peace on the forum. This is to help prevent arguments or outright disruptions regarding a vendor that chose to break rules and guidelines to suit their own agendas.
I don't see how my post indicated that it would be out of sheer spite. If I were to mention John or his products it would be because I want to help the person or give my opinion.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
BIGPOPPA

Quote:
I don't see how my post indicated that it would be out of sheer spite. If I were to mention John or his products it would be because I want to help the person or give my opinion.
But you are already aware that this is against the rules Texag15. You would be doing it purposefully knowing this.

This rule has been in place since basically the beginning of this forum and it has worked to keep the peace regarding several vendors that are banned. This is not going to change simply because many feel that John is a great vendor etc. His customer service is not in question here. His disregard for our rules and regulations is what caused this outcome.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
John is a banned vendor! plain and simple! If you knowingly mention him, as you have stated you will, you will be let go. His product issues are under discussion so let's discuss them w/a grain of salt. As far as I can tell from your comments thus far Texag, your intention is to push the envelope. your welcome to do so but I promise you won't be here long if you do.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

Quote:
John is a banned vendor! plain and simple! If you knowingly mention him, as you have stated you will, you will be let go. His product issues are under discussion so let's discuss them w/a grain of salt. As far as I can tell from your comments thus far Texag, your intention is to push the envelope. your welcome to do so but I promise you won't be here long if you do.
I'll be waiting to see what the product policy is...there is a good group of people who buy from him and use his products...it could hinder what people can offer to this community, and it would be a shame to see that happen.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

Quote:
yes john is a ban vender member now what about *************.com? he has 2 websites right? cant remember.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebal View Post
yes john is a ban vender member now what about *************.com? he has 2 websites right? cant remember.
both are his.. both are banned
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:40 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
I'll be waiting to see what the product policy is...there is a good group of people who buy from him and use his products...it could hinder what people can offer to this community, and it would be a shame to see that happen.
i think the only thing affected by the policy would be his new bowls.. since the CH coals and the narbish hose is sold by other vendors
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

aw kk thx mad
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook