Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

need help with Nammor hose.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:22 AM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ozlopez
Default need help with Nammor hose.

hey guys, i recently bought a nammor hose for my hookah but it doesn't have a snug fit. it keep slipping out and its starting to get annoying. what can i do to solve this? do i buy different hose valves and grommets or is there something else i can do? im not sure what kind of hookah i have but here's a link to it on a website i found. (http://www.hookahwholesale.com/produ...targatesml.htm) ..i checked the forums for a while to see if this was brought up by someone already and didnt find anything so sorry if i missed it and am repeating a topic.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:31 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: need help with Nammor hose.

You can always use a wet paper towel and wrap it aroud the bottom part of the hose that goes into the port to make a tighter fit. Hope that helps!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:38 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Ok... so there are two ways I have found for fitting a hose into a hose port. One is to put the grommet into the hoseport and then put the hose into it. The other is to put the grommet on the hose and then try to fit the hose into the port.

Like KK says, a little wet towel wrapped around the hose might work, or perhaps a little black electrical tape.

You can also look around at different vendors that carry the Stargate hookah and see if they carry different port grommets.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:15 AM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Ok... so there are two ways I have found for fitting a hose into a hose port. One is to put the grommet into the hoseport and then put the hose into it. The other is to put the grommet on the hose and then try to fit the hose into the port.

Like KK says, a little wet towel wrapped around the hose might work, or perhaps a little black electrical tape.

You can also look around at different vendors that carry the Stargate hookah and see if they carry different port grommets.
ive tried both ways and actually neither work. If the grommet is on the hose first, its as if the hose is stretchin the grommet too wide for the hose valve and it doesnt fit. If i put the grommet into the valve first then try and fit the hose, it wont enter the valve at all. i actually use a grommet that came with my girlfriends narbish hose that she bought at a hookah lounge to fit the nammor into the port. its the only way to get the hose in the valve but its a little loose. I was thinking of buying an Egyptian hose port valve and grommet off Hookah-Shisha to put onto my hookah and see if that will hold it better. is that a good idea?
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:37 AM
himenow
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to himenow Send a message via AIM to himenow Send a message via MSN to himenow Send a message via Skype™ to himenow

Before buying a new grommet, what you could try: After putting your grommet in the hookah, wet the part of the hose that goes into the grommet, and then try pushing it in. If that doesn't work I'd recommend buying a thinner grommet, as using a wet paper towel all the time would get annoying I'd imagine...
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:50 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

I have a similar problem with my AF hookah and KM hoses... one of the solutions is to try going "bareback" and not use a gasket at all. This can be hit or miss depending on the size and shape of your hose port. Its worth giving it a shot.

You could also use some black electrical tape on the hose to act as a "custom" gasket. I will admit, a little ghetto but if you do it right, you shouldn't be able to see the tape when you insert the hose in the port.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Variable
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Variable

I just put some heat shrink tubing on the port end of my hose. Worked better than I expected. Black electrical tape would work too. Come to think of it, I should have tried that first.
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

I've had that problem with hoses, too. I got tired of trying different grommet sizes and just sanded down the end of the hose until everything fit.
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I've pretty much given up on hose grommets. I just wrap some paper towel or kleenex around the end, I don't even wet it.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

I would try everything about and if that doesn't work i would try sanding it like dee said. The nammor hose has a very large connection that goes into the port so it is not surprising to hear that you are having difficulties with it.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:35 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Someone else with a stargate. I myself use a 24 inch stargate and just got a narb hose the other day. Talk about problems getting the hose to stay in. Once I figured it out it has no problem staying in the hose port.

Here's what you do. Take the grommet out if the hookah hose port. Press it onto the end of the hose that goes into the hookah until it can't go up it anymore. Then put the hose into the hose port with the grommet already on it. Twist it snug and you are ready to smoke!
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeah like they all said, you can try a new grommet. but really your easiest and best bet would be to just use paper towel
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
vinit2cool
Hookah Newbie

try using two grommets...I have that problem with my nammor and i fixed it with a silicone mya grommet under an old school plastic grommet
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

You could also try to shave the part which connects into the pipe. Depending on what type of hookah you have, it might just be too small for the nammor hose.
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:39 PM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlopez View Post
hey guys, i recently bought a nammor hose for my hookah but it doesn't have a snug fit. it keep slipping out and its starting to get annoying. what can i do to solve this? do i buy different hose valves and grommets or is there something else i can do? im not sure what kind of hookah i have but here's a link to it on a website i found. (http://www.hookahwholesale.com/produ...targatesml.htm) ..i checked the forums for a while to see if this was brought up by someone already and didnt find anything so sorry if i missed it and am repeating a topic.
just a lil update for someone that has this problem too.. what i did was i ordered an egyptian hose valve and an egyptian hose grommet from hookah-shisha.com and put that onto my hookah and the hose fits perfectly snug with those.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook