Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Your first time?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Pikachookah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Pikachookah
Default Your first time?

Hey everyone!

So, I'm a total newbie, having only very recently started smoking hookah. My first session is still super fresh in my memory, so it got me thinking. What were your first hookah smoking experiences like? What brand and flavor were you smoking? Where were you when you lost your shisha virginity?

I know some of you guys have been smoking for years and years, so it probably isn't as easy to remember, but it'd be interesting to hear some of your stories. I'll share my own.

I smoked hookah for the first time the weekend before last (3/27/10), on a trip to Orlando to get things done for my cousin's upcoming "shotgun wedding." Saturday night we got invited by a friend of her husband-to-be to a chill little Hookah Lounge/Restaurant called Elegante, along with some of their other friends. We spent literally 2-3 hours outside listening to a couple DJs spin some awesome music, watching the UFC fight, and smoking like 4 different flavors of Fantasia. It was incredibly laid-back, relaxing, and overall just an awesome atmosphere to be in. The first flavor I tried was Fantasia Triple X- not too bad, but I liked Ace of Spades better. There was a belly dancer that showed up too, she had some crazy stamina. Overall it was just an insanely awesome night.

So how was your "first time?"

Last edited by Pikachookah; April 5th, 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: b/c idfk how to spell, apparently.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Your first time?

It was five years ago at one of my ex girlfriends apartments. We smoked AF peach, i have been hooked ever since.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM
hookah vad
Hookah Newbie

Af 5 years ago is not like Af today lol.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookah vad View Post
Af 5 years ago is not like Af today lol.
I'm not still smoking AF all that much, this was just what i smoked the first time i ever smoked shisha.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Oh what a night, late September back in 63...wait wait wait, thus about first time smoking hookah, oh well, too long ago to remember
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:46 PM
matais3
Hookah Nut

1 year ago at my uncles place who had got it from Dubai, but the thing was, my uncle wasn't very keen on smoking, so I believe he tried to trick me, coz back then I didn't really know, so, he prepared everything, but he didn't put foil on it, and he lit the coal with a cigarette lighter and the coal was only white in some parts, well, headache and dry reaching that night, was a night to remember. SO my 1st experience wasn't the best.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:38 PM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

welll i dont remember the exact details but back in about 04-05 when i was in arizona, a couple friends i worked with invited me to a hookah bar, i remember we had strawberry but i have no clue which brand, throughly enjoyed myself and have been hooked ever since
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

It's also fresh in my memory

It was with some friends who I knew from work. It was like 6-7 months ago on an evening outside. We were with 5 ppl and had one small hookah and we smoked Nakhla Sweet Melon.

Now, most of the time, we got 4-6 hoses when smoking on friday and saturday each week with them haha
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:16 AM
MissWorld
Hookah Newbie

first time I tried it was about 14 years ago! haha i feel so old now! we were on a summer trip in Egypt (i was barely 16) and we were with my parents friends @ some hookah place in Cairo.. boy did my parents throw a fit!! I don't know what brand, but it was an apple flavor.. and I fell in love.. lol
Old April 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Nak Sweet Melon over 5 years ago. Fond memories.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM
montgoej
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to montgoej Send a message via MSN to montgoej Send a message via Yahoo to montgoej Send a message via Skype™ to montgoej

AF Orange + AF Mint, SB Purple Haze and something else that fellow HP member Lizzyrdd had invited some friends of mine over to at a hookah lounge near campus and I just tagged along. It was around 6 months ago and I've been hooked ever since.
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:05 AM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Nahkla Grape 2 years ago
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hookah Hookah
Hookah Newbie

I was in Anatolia Hookah Bar in Atlanta about 5 Years ago i don't know what brand they were serving but i was hooked and I've been smoking hookah ever since.
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:26 PM
-jordan-

Me and some friends strolled down to a downtown hookah bar, and smoked some starbuzz strawberry.. That very day, we walked to a store called The Hippie Gypsy, and I bought a thirty dollar hookah.. Ever since, I've been hooked..
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

fantasia about 2.5 years ago at a local hookah bar. wasn't a fan at first then started branching out on flavors and finally got my own pipe
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Mizzou_Hookah
Hookah Newbie

3 years ago, I went to one of the bars in downtown Columbia that was doing a hookah night like once a week. Went with some Hookah vets, we tried a lemon-lime and then the guy signature flavor Orange Napalm...it was so good, hooked every since.
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
deadhead12
Hookah Newbie

It was in college so I don't remember to well but I think it was with this Lebanese girl that was a friend of a friend. The only thing she owned was rose so thats what we smoked. I liked the flavor then and still do.
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:48 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

last summer I went to my mom's friend's birthday party for a BBQ and it was windy and ugly and almost rained when she told me that her son was going to set up a hookah in the garage if I wanted to go smoke. I don't know what kind of hookah we were smoking from we were smoking a cherry flavor it smelled really good but tasted like cough syrup there were six people smoking from one hose in a grimy garage but I was pretty drunk so it was a lot of fun
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Marco Poko

Couple years ago maybe 2007ish at a hookah bar called "The Huka Bar"
In salt lake city, UT cool place haven't been back since getting my own hookah. But thats because I moved.
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:27 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

I'm a newbie, so my first was only 4 months ago... Romman Raspberry, and it was awesome. My first hookah was a generic from www.hookah-shisha.com, but it still works fine. Since then I have already aquired 2 KMs, and am working on my next Friday (KM Red Silk Butterfly). Really like Nakhla, but really love DM, thanks to shisha gurus at HP!
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
MechEng
Hookah Newbie

Can't say I actually remember my first time - wouldn't know about it if there weren't pictures
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Mine was a few years ago at a lounge. Haven't been back since but it was mango. No clue what brand, but it was good. A week later I bought my hookah and 250g of mango. Been enjoying hookah ever since. Though I haven't had any mango in over a year. I need to pick some up.
Vortex bowl
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Chas
Hookah Nut

My first shisha smoke. At the New Castle Hotel in Mombasa, Kenya. The song Ruby Tuesday was a hit on the radio.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:20 AM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lizzyrdd Send a message via Skype™ to lizzyrdd

My first hookah experience was on my eighteenth birthday. My brother had come home on his mid-tour leave from Iraq and we drove to Kansas so he could take care of some things at his state-side base. On our way back home, we drove through St. Louis in a desperate three-hour long search for food, when we finally saw a sign for a hookah bar. I can't remember the name of the place, but my brother was curious. He had been smoking hookah since he had been in Iraq and didn't know that there were Hookah bars in the states. So, we went in, ate some gyros, and we smoked Orange-Mint. I remember being able to smell and taste it up to three days after we smoked, but since then I've been hooked! Best birthday present ever!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

I remember my first time *bats eyes*
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook