Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

WOW the propaganda people say about hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 7th, 2010, 04:19 PM
hdwindex
Hookah Nut

Default WOW the propaganda people say about hookah

http://blog.thealo.com/image.axd?pic...1%2FHookah.jpg

I'm disgusted how ridiculouse thes results are
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
hdwindex
Hookah Nut

Default Re: WOW the propaganda people say about hookah

this link to the blog . ughh makes me mad how distorted the facts are
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:25 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

wow...really. thats a bunch of crap. people need to look up the facts before spending all that time to make something like that.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

my guess is that cigarette company's are making this to get more business. but that's completely false.. there is no tar in hookah tobacco because it is cooked not burned. the nicotine is a less in some shisha. the carbon monxide well it's really not smoke it's vapor because the again nothing is being burned unless the coals are too hot.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

. . . this actually pisses me off. a lot. *sigh* oh well. Honestly, the whole "mental illness" thing is what really got me irritated. meh, what can you do?
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
ZenSilk1
Hookah Newbie

802 mg of tar? So why is my water crystal clear after each smoke...? Tar must be clear.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

43% of all cigarettes are smoked by people with mental illness? I VERY much doubt that!
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk1 View Post
802 mg of tar? So why is my water crystal clear after each smoke...? Tar must be clear.
lol i know i bet the people who tested this put a flame instead of a coal to do this test.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
hdwindex
Hookah Nut

the part where they said 43% of people who smoke ciggs have some sort of mental illness made me laugh soo hard,. but soo what if theirs 200 x more smoke. soo what its not like its 200 times worse its just vapour lol
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

i like how being in the room is equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes... I love how even though there is a completely different make up to cigarettes tobacco and shisha tobacco, people use smoke volume to extrapolate effects. Maybe if they actually did legitimate tests i would take them serious.
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Wacky crap will always beleived by the lemmings of the world if they hear it enough or if it's reported by an officially sanctioned authority like some researcher. Unforunately almost nobody understands how research is created or how to evaluate it and the propashpere simply cites some finding in some acedemic paper as gospel truth. My often reviewed posts on anti-tobacco research demonstrate clearly that science simply isn't an issue when it comes to the tobacco prohibitionist movement. You huys need to read http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...light=research if you haven't all ready. It's super!
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Oh, the bit about cigarettes and mental illness is surely crap unless you take the position that anyone that smokes is mentally ill for doing something that is bad for you. Still, I have no doubt that mentally ill people tend to smoke a lot more then just about any other segment of society. The Sullum text I often cite describes some possible reasons why in great detail but frankly it's too dry to bother with here.
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Wacky crap will always beleived by the lemmings of the world if they hear it enough or if it's reported by an officially sanctioned authority like some researcher. Unforunately almost nobody understands how research is created or how to evaluate it and the propashpere simply cites some finding in some acedemic paper as gospel truth. My often reviewed posts on anti-tobacco research demonstrate clearly that science simply isn't an issue when it comes to the tobacco prohibitionist movement. You huys need to read http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...light=research if you haven't all ready. It's super!
Thanks for link, i read through most of it, i need to get to my other computer though so i can print it off and share it with friend i always smoke hookah with. (he has dial up and a super old computer, so he doesn't really have internet).
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:02 PM
jmit
Hookah Newbie

Actually he is correct on every point. The good news is I'm here to help you. Pack up your hookah items and send them to me. I'm such a nice guy.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:42 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Great article, I never realized all the research was sooooo bad, it was a lengthy read but very worthwhile. I will take everything I see with a grain of salt now.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

This is all complete BS. If you ever smoked 100 cigarettes in one sitting, I'm pretty sure you'd die.
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

How does 1 gram of hookah tobacco generate 80 times the tar of 1 gram of cigarette tobacco? Seriously, "research" like this is completely devoid of scientific weight, especially considering the source is the "Tobacco related disease research program".

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

Quote:
great article
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

what a joke..some people are so misinformed
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Deathtongue
Hookah Nut

“Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.” - Brooke Shields

Classic!!!
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwindex View Post
http://blog.thealo.com/image.axd?pic...1%2FHookah.jpg

I'm disgusted how ridiculous these results are

Let's do some simple math here and add up the totals and convert from milligrams to grams. 1 gram = 1000 milligrams. Water Density is 1.0 gram per milliliter.

Hookah 1 gram vs Cigarette 1 gram

Hookah Total = .94796 grams leaving .05204 grams of what?
Cigarette Total = .02457 grams leaving .97543 grams of what?

So basically the bowl of hookah tobacco is all tar and carbon monoxide and the cigarette is mainly composed of nothing. Fucking STUPID math!

I mean seriously that is horrible math. Density wise I would assume the glycerin/water is denser then just dry cigarette tobacco mixture volume for volume. So the hookah sample would have less tobacco with a portion of it's weight being displaced by the glycerin/flavoring.

Conclusion is that their would be less tobacco in a hookah mixture then in a comparable equally weighted sample of cigarette tobacco. No frigging way they could get those results no matter how hard they tried.
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
Let's do some simple math here and add up the totals and convert from milligrams to grams. 1 gram = 1000 milligrams. Water Density is 1.0 gram per milliliter.

Hookah 1 gram vs Cigarette 1 gram

Hookah Total = .94796 grams leaving .05204 grams of what?
Cigarette Total = .02457 grams leaving .97543 grams of what?

So basically the bowl of hookah tobacco is all tar and carbon monoxide and the cigarette is mainly composed of nothing. Fucking STUPID math!

I mean seriously that is horrible math. Density wise I would assume the glycerin/water is denser then just dry cigarette tobacco mixture volume for volume. So the hookah sample would have less tobacco with a portion of it's weight being displaced by the glycerin/flavoring.

Conclusion is that their would be less tobacco in a hookah mixture then in a comparable equally weighted sample of cigarette tobacco. No frigging way they could get those results no matter how hard they tried.
Very nice DrM, QFT, those were some BS findings
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:05 PM
datdudealex
Hookah Newbie

these "studies" are getting a little annoying already, no facts or evidence at all. get a life, these doctors are straight out of the jonas brothers....
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:42 PM
MechEng
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories View Post
i like how being in the room is equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes... I love how even though there is a completely different make up to cigarettes tobacco and shisha tobacco, people use smoke volume to extrapolate effects. Maybe if they actually did legitimate tests i would take them serious.
This is pure FAIL...I don't smoke cigs but you'd keel over before you could even finish that many in the same time it takes to smoke a head of shisha
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

haters are your number one fans, some people will say anything to try to convince others to follow, especially when credibility is threatned
Share with your friends on facebook