Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

WOW the propaganda people say about hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 8th, 2010, 12:05 AM
matais3
Hookah Nut

Default Re: WOW the propaganda people say about hookah

ass talk in my opinion
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

right lol so how come if i smoke two cigarettes im on the ground nearly vomiting and hookah is 100 cigarettes and im fine after a bowl
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
Let's do some simple math here and add up the totals and convert from milligrams to grams. 1 gram = 1000 milligrams. Water Density is 1.0 gram per milliliter.

Hookah 1 gram vs Cigarette 1 gram

Hookah Total = .94796 grams leaving .05204 grams of what?
Cigarette Total = .02457 grams leaving .97543 grams of what?

So basically the bowl of hookah tobacco is all tar and carbon monoxide and the cigarette is mainly composed of nothing. Fucking STUPID math!

I mean seriously that is horrible math. Density wise I would assume the glycerin/water is denser then just dry cigarette tobacco mixture volume for volume. So the hookah sample would have less tobacco with a portion of it's weight being displaced by the glycerin/flavoring.

Conclusion is that their would be less tobacco in a hookah mixture then in a comparable equally weighted sample of cigarette tobacco. No frigging way they could get those results no matter how hard they tried.
It always amazes me when people make shit up and even the math they use is bogus. If you want to make propaganda fine but just make sure your not debunked by simple math and common sound reasoning. LOl these people are fewls.
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
shanaku
Hookah Nut

This factoid on tar amounts etc is because the lab where the test was done BURNED the moassel. Yup BURNED it like if you smoked it in a briar pipe. so their tar measurement is accurate. Only problem is of course that we BAKE the moassel not BURN...this kind of stuff really pisses me off.

WE ARE THE FEW - THE PROUD - THE DARK SIDE!
WE ARE THE BLACK LEAF BROTHERHOOD
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM
sebal
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaku View Post
This factoid on tar amounts etc is because the lab where the test was done BURNED the moassel. Yup BURNED it like if you smoked it in a briar pipe. so their tar measurement is accurate. Only problem is of course that we BAKE the moassel not BURN...this kind of stuff really pisses me off.
ya it pisses me off as well with the people with the PHd's and still fing this up..
Old April 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
Let's do some simple math here and add up the totals and convert from milligrams to grams. 1 gram = 1000 milligrams. Water Density is 1.0 gram per milliliter.

Hookah 1 gram vs Cigarette 1 gram

Hookah Total = .94796 grams leaving .05204 grams of what?
Cigarette Total = .02457 grams leaving .97543 grams of what?

So basically the bowl of hookah tobacco is all tar and carbon monoxide and the cigarette is mainly composed of nothing. Fucking STUPID math!

I mean seriously that is horrible math. Density wise I would assume the glycerin/water is denser then just dry cigarette tobacco mixture volume for volume. So the hookah sample would have less tobacco with a portion of it's weight being displaced by the glycerin/flavoring.

Conclusion is that their would be less tobacco in a hookah mixture then in a comparable equally weighted sample of cigarette tobacco. No frigging way they could get those results no matter how hard they tried.
with your math, keep in mind that the CO is produced, and will not be part of the original mass
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Pineal
Hookah Newbie

I made comments on the article and the hookah lounge article cited in it about all the different problems with their "facts" and both sites threw out my comments.

Gonna go smoke my hookah now even if they say it will destroy all life on the planet.

Old April 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
dyeforlyf
Hookah Nut

I left him a nice little comment. I'm not sure if it will stay. He'll probably delete it or something...

what a moron. I hate this kind of trash.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:34 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

ya i love how they are saying 3/4 of the tobacco in hookah is tar. how would that even be possible lol
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Wacky crap will always beleived by the lemmings of the world if they hear it enough or if it's reported by an officially sanctioned authority like some researcher. Unforunately almost nobody understands how research is created or how to evaluate it and the propashpere simply cites some finding in some acedemic paper as gospel truth. My often reviewed posts on anti-tobacco research demonstrate clearly that science simply isn't an issue when it comes to the tobacco prohibitionist movement. You huys need to read http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...light=research if you haven't all ready. It's super!

Aaaand this would be why I used this interview as a source for a paper I'm writing disproving crap like this. This man KNOWS what is going on. Not these doctors who don't have the smarts to test it the same way we smoke it... Shit's retarded.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Well, as you might be aware, when it comes to any topic that is socially or generally considered to be controversial, or not in line with the norm's of a society, the most vocal people usually only hear or read what they want to hear. All too often they will read and study anything that is in support of what they want to believe or profess and completely forego any research into the "other" side of the matter. Thusly they end up with a very biased statement of what they are talking about. Sadly, the scientific method of research usually isn't applied to anything opinion based. It sure would make sense, to me, anyway, to look at both sides fairly, weigh the accumulated data, and then form my own opinion based on my research findings and experiences. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

So ridiculous, dunno how many people i fight with at work about this same thing.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook