Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Packing

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM
HookahKev
Hookah Pro

Default Tangiers Packing

So i havent tried any tangiers shisha before, but i do have a 250g of clove coming my way to try. i have a regular bowl, but i also have a vortex bowl. i currently dont own a tangiers phunnel bowl. what is the best bowl to use for this tabacco or which should i use, my reg or vor until i can get a phunnel.

thanks alot
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0
Default Re: Tangiers Packing

i know Dee has a video on how he packs tangiers in an egyptian. did you buy the lucid or noir?
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

i would use a vortex since they are basicaly the same as a phunnel. I have both the vortex and medium phunnel and unless you are planning on smoking for three or more hours i would just stick with a vortex.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

I would use the vortex personally, that way you can get it nicely packed and still have good flow. I know dee made that tutorial so you might want to at least give it a try, but since you have the vortex i say use the vortex.
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hookah Lungs
Hookah Nut

I would also use the vortex. I own phunnel bowls and a vortex and they both work just as well as the other for tangiers.
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjr210 View Post
...I know dee made that tutorial so you might want to at least give it a try, but since you have the vortex i say use the vortex.
^^This.
The only reasons I did the egyptian bowl thing were:

1) To show you can indeed smoke Tangiers in such a bowl and..
2) As a way to conserve tobacco.

It was mainly done as an experiment. I now use a Crown Classic for Tangiers. I like it because it conserves tobacco as well as coals and provides the benefits of a phunnel or vortex. (Holding in the juice.)
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
HookahKev
Hookah Pro

ok, so basically pack it like Dee's video. lightly press down on the shisha to pack it in a lil and just make sure the holes are clear on the vortex? right now i dont plan on smoking for 3 hrs at a time, unless i had a group session which doesnt happen all to often.

the glass crown hookah bowl seems like it would be good, you can pack the tangiers nicely in the middle and not worry about making sure the holes are clear for airflow since there around the rim.
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahKev View Post
ok, so basically pack it like Dee's video. lightly press down on the shisha to pack it in a lil and just make sure the holes are clear on the vortex? right now i dont plan on smoking for 3 hrs at a time, unless i had a group session which doesnt happen all to often.

the glass crown hookah bowl seems like it would be good, you can pack the tangiers nicely in the middle and not worry about making sure the holes are clear for airflow since there around the rim.
I'm sure this doesn't need to be said but this is how i took it when i read it. You don't want to pack tangiers in the middle of a phunnel or crown bowl, the tobacco is packed around the hole in the center. I'm sure you knew this but i said it because that is how it read to me.
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
I'm sure this doesn't need to be said but this is how i took it when i read it. You don't want to pack tangiers in the middle of a phunnel or crown bowl, the tobacco is packed around the hole in the center. I'm sure you knew this but i said it because that is how it read to me.
drewzi I think you read it wrong. The Crown bowl doesnt have a hole in the middle, the holes are on the outer edge.
Share with your friends on facebook