Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Knocking over a Hookah.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:00 AM
tmv8888
Hookah Pro

Default Knocking over a Hookah.

This thread is a lovely opportunity for all of you to post your "knocked over hookah" stories.

As I'm sure all of you know, the Sahara Pearl Pheonix hookah vase is basically a ball shape. Put the bowl and coals on and what to you get? An extremely top heavy hookah. Now combine that with the stock 3 foot hoses that came with it, and some friends who like to underestimate length.

The first time it happened i was smoking with my friend erik. Erik doesn't handle tobacco well for some reason. He always gets pretty buzzed and slap happy from it. So he went to take a hit, and decided to lay down on the floor. He didn't let go of the hose, and the whole thing tipped over. This time it was my little 10 inch pumpkin vase. Thankfully it was at ground level so the only thing that i didn't catch were the coals. They burnt into the carpet quite a bit before i could pick them up.

Second time it happened i was with my friend Jimmy. We were playing some Tekken 6, and i had my sahara sitting on my dresser. jimmy dropped the hose out of his hand, and the weight of the hose alone as it was falling was enough to bring the whole hookah down. the coals were almost done as it was, so ash went everywhere. the vase hit carpet and didn't shatter, but water and ice cubes went all over the floor. the coals made some pretty gnarly marks on my carpet. I've had them fixed since.

Third and final time was yesterday. Me and my friend Cody were sitting at my computer desk playing some Battlefield 2142, he went to grab the hose but it got caught on the corner of my desk. the hookah never tipped completely, but it tipped enough to drop the hot coal on my friends crotch area. In a state of panic i was rushing around the room trying to find my tongs before the coal burnt threw his pants. I'm sure you all can imagine what vulgarities were being launched from our mouths. I would do the same thing if there was a hot coal on that area of my jeans haha.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Knocking over a Hookah.

I've been known to knock over my rig on occasion. There's ussually alcohol involved.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

I've only tipped my KM once, and luckily I grabbed it halfway through it falling over. It did make me realize that the wind cover I bought a week before was worth it, my blazing hot cocos slid down the side of it and into the tray, instead of onto my beautiful wooden coffee table.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
montgoej
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to montgoej Send a message via MSN to montgoej Send a message via Yahoo to montgoej Send a message via Skype™ to montgoej

I've never knocked over my rig, however an inebriated friend of mine nearly managed to knock over Lizzyrdd's rig at New Years. Smoking some double apple out on the back porch when said girl comes out, starts smoking and if I remember she just leaned back with the hose in her hand. That's why my KM is most definitely not a party hookah
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:32 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

ive never knocked over the hookah, but even worse i knocked over a charcoal holder, luckily i was in the kitchen but man what a mess, i had burn holes in my clothes and after i got all the red coals up off the floor i had black soot everywhere, had to bust out the mop and bucket
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Hmmm, i myself have knocked it over once, i think, but i have had a few friend pull it before and more than once.
We had it happen once in a garage, so nothing got screwed up. Another time a guy I can't stand knocked it over in "the shack" which is basically a 10x10 room with an open door and a roof that we smoke hookah and have a table in for mixing drinks (its out in the woods at my friends house by a fire pit we have parties at) and it just has plywood floors. But it did manage to soak the bowl, thus ruining the whole session.
We have also had a few knock overs inside, once recently by my friend at his own house who is always super cautious about making sure we don't pull it over.
Last week however, my friend build a 1.5 ft square table that the hookah sits in. I meant to take pictures but basically, the hookah is held in place by the hole in the center of the table that wraps around the top of the vase, the only thing you lose out on, is you can't see the vase.. so we are considering building table 2.0 with some pexi-glass.
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

One night my friends and I were partying at a friends house. Good party, have a good amount of people. I got the hookah out and everyone was gathering around, having a good time. By this point I had about 3/4 of a 750ml of Jack Daniels. I am carrying around my hookah with hot coals. My friends who's house it was, was super worried that I was going to drop a coal or my hookah all together. Nope, never did. What happened was we were smoking, and my friend who's house we were at, he was pretty much sober at the time. walked right between me and my hookah, tripping over the hose. Knocked the coals on the carpet, over me and other peoples. It was not good. Burned a hole in the carpet and burned my hand trying to pick the coals up. The hookah didn't break. No one was hurt. Just a burn the the carpet.
Vortex bowl
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM
nick3o4
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to nick3o4 Send a message via Skype™ to nick3o4

Friends have knocked over the 10" pumpkin a few times in my basement causing burn marks. Luckily my 26" has a wide flat base which is near impossible to knock over
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Well I have 3 so far.

First time was at a party i was having. I had my hookah on the tabel and my drunken buddy pulled the hose and pulled the whole hookah. The hookah tipped over, and smashed the bowl and base.

Second time, i was in my office and i tipped the hookah over and burned the crap out of my carpet in many different spots, cause hookah coals like to blow up when they get dropped. lol.

3rd. i was smoking hookah with some freinds. My buddy was taking a hit off the hookah and then tried hitting me in the nuts. when he did this, it caused him to fall off the couch and pulled the hookah with him. It was funny to watch as the whole thing looked delayed. I have video of it, and have yet to post the video on youtube as i am lazy. lol.

I do have an interesting coal thing though. I was setting up a hookah at a new years eve party. The coals were good to go, and honestly i had forgotten about them, so they were pretty burned up. I had someone grab the coals with the tongs. Then i made the mistake of trying to grab the tongs from them with the coals in the tongs. As soon as i did that. All 3 of the coals exploded like a firework and sent sparks flying everywhere. It looked cool, but my hand was pretty burnt up.
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
kawika219
Hookah Nut

to make this more interesting, we should add pics of the damages done lol
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:02 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

I've only knocked mine over twice, but I find it ironic that there are never tongs handy when those coals hit the carpet. Theres always frantic searching or your dumb friend who instinctively grabs it with his hands.
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

My worst horizontal hookah experience was when two of my friends and I were smoking using a pumpkin hookah. One of my friends got too comfortable, leaning back and pulling the hookah over by the hose. It toppled over but luckily I was quick on the draw, got the tongs and saved the carpet from the coals.
Unfortunately once we set the hookah upright I took the first draw. I got a mouthful of base water that got into the hose. I promptly spat it out on the floor to my friends horror, they had no idea what was happening. I looked like the little girl in the sixth sense that was vomiting under the bed.
Needless to say that was a bad knocking over experience. The lesson - check the hose for water when the hookah goes horizontal.
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Just the other day my daughter's dog decided to go on a nutsy streak. He does that from time to time. He's an english springer spaniel and he loves to chase invisible things that only he can see. Anyway, while doing so he barreled into the small table I have sitting near my favorite chair for smoking and browsing on the computer, which then sent the table flying into my hookah, which then proceeded to tumble over onto it's side. The coals had all but burned out so there was only one very small burn in the rug but I was scrambling to recover the hookah. In the process he also sent my netbook flying off of the table and onto the floor as well. I wasn't a happy camper with him for all of that. But, in the end, I figure he probably thought he was protecting the house from some unseen alien invaders or something. Or he had squirrel on the brain.
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM
poyoloco
Hookah Newbie

While smoking outside a friend of mine knocked over my KM (tangiers buzz ftl) that I got 2 weeks before the incident. Vase shattered and the stem got a couple of dents. Luckily he's a friend that you can rely on so he bought me a brand new one.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Hookah table, it just doesn't happen.
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Kyle891
Hookah Newbie

well i personally didnt knock it over, but my friend did onto my brand new carpet. The irony is, is that he was making fun of another friend of ours by mocking his "air drums" with hose in hand yanking the hookah onto the floor and burning my carpet :S, the hookah itself was fine
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
dyeforlyf
Hookah Nut

Time to get new friends! If they can't figure out how to not knock over the hookah then they gotta go! hahaha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook