Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

new hookah help, 2 hose

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
bearh
Hookah Newbie

Default new hookah help, 2 hose

so my old one hoser broke, and it worked amazing
but im hanging out with 2-3 people constantly and 1 hose isnt cutting it.

2 would be perfect, as im buying two nammors verrry soon

my friend has the mya, theyre amazing but im not a fan of the look

so maybe like a sexy two hoser that wont hurt my wallet too much?

thanks guys
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Default Re: new hookah help, 2 hose

Hookahstore.com has some nice 2,3 and 4 hose KMs...

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...c-28_3_53.html

They offer a very generous HP discount!

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137

Most folks recommend you skip the multi hose hookahs though and just pass the hose with a single hose hookah. I don't have any experience with multi hose hookahs so maybe someone else can offer some advice.
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

from my experience the only multi hose hookahs worth their money are the myas. personally i prefer just to have multiple hookahs, and when i am hanging out with my hookah friends we usually have a 1:1 ration cause we are all hogs.

multi hosers have a lot of issues, and if you are smoking with people that are not used to hookahs and you dont have auto seal they wont remember to cap, the ones that do have autoseal usually have some restrictions due to poor constructions (myas seem to have a good design on theirs)

-matt
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM
dyeforlyf
Hookah Nut

Don't go with a multihose, period. Number one, they don't look traditional. They look very americanized. Number two, like matt said, people do not remember to plug their hose...and even when they do, it is such a ridiculous hassle to have to sit with your thumb on the end of the hose constantly.

I love the communal connection that comes with passing around a hose, too. Makes me feel connected to the ones I'm smoking with.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:13 AM
bearh
Hookah Newbie

solid points but we are all very used to plugging the hoses, no issues there

and i live in america, my cars look modern, house looks modern, modern hookah doesnt bother me much. ill look into myas a bit more
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:23 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

i have the mya artoo two hose hookah and i like it. i didnt want too many hoses like four because thats way too much for what i use it for but if youre constantly bringing your hookah to parties then you may want a four hose. its all about what how many people are gonna be smoking it on average. and with more hoses if you want to use just one hose you can just plug the other holes and.... problem solved
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Just a friendly heads up should you decide to go for a mya it doesn't have to be a two+ hose right off the bat, if they even come like that. Instead you should/have to buy a 5 dollar hose adapter which just replaces the purge valve. Simple sway and it is an auto sealer so there is no need for plugging the end of hoses.
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

A lot of you guys saying how awful multihose hookahs are, have any of you even had one before?

I have a two hose 10" Sahara Smoke hookah and it worked fine. However, I do not suggest going with Sahara Smoke because their hookahs rust.
When I used my two hose hookah we NEVER had to plug the other hose to get a good hit. If you hit by yourself you get a good hit, if you hit together you get a great hit. But it really doesn't make as big of a diference as everyone says it does. If you want a two hose hookah, go for it.
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:54 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheezanator View Post
A lot of you guys saying how awful multihose hookahs are, have any of you even had one before?

I have a two hose 10" Sahara Smoke hookah and it worked fine. However, I do not suggest going with Sahara Smoke because their hookahs rust.
When I used my two hose hookah we NEVER had to plug the other hose to get a good hit. If you hit by yourself you get a good hit, if you hit together you get a great hit. But it really doesn't make as big of a diference as everyone says it does. If you want a two hose hookah, go for it.
yep i had a rotator (great design, shitty execution of said design) 2 hose and a mya mini that i threw another port on (didnt use a mya one cause i was able to just pull of the top of the purge and put on a different port i had to that and it functioned fine.

if the autoseal is designed well it is fine but if you dont have autoseal (and dont cap) you get a lot less smoke and if you are getting decent smoke it usually is harsh cause you have to get it so hot to get a lot of smoke with basically a huge leak

-matt
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

I have a Mya QT that I added a second hose adaptor to in place of the vent. We use it whenever there are more than just me here and even sometimes, (like last night), when I'm smoking solo I will use the Mya. The hose adaptors have ball bearing sealers in them so there isn't an issue with plugging the second hose. I love the set up and it works well for me. Just some thoughts for ya.

dus'
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
yep i had a rotator (great design, shitty execution of said design) 2 hose and a mya mini that i threw another port on (didnt use a mya one cause i was able to just pull of the top of the purge and put on a different port i had to that and it functioned fine.

if the autoseal is designed well it is fine but if you dont have autoseal (and dont cap) you get a lot less smoke and if you are getting decent smoke it usually is harsh cause you have to get it so hot to get a lot of smoke with basically a huge leak

-matt
I'd like to set up my shitty Sahara Smoke two hose for you someday and prove you wrong. :]
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

if its not autoseal and you are not capping it you will get a lot less smoke than if the other side was sealed unless you are only pulling enough to just pull the smoke out of the other hose

-matt
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM
dyeforlyf
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheezanator View Post
Yeah, I had an auto-sealing 2 hose before. The whole design sucked and I ended up having to take the ball bearing out of both hoses before we passed out from trying to pull through that tiny opening around the ball. My roommate has a 2 hose KM double pear, and I hate smoking out of it because I can't do anything with my hands since I'm always plugging the mouthpiece. It's just an extra hassle that could be avoided by passing a hose. I don't understand why we have to have everything RIGHT NOW. It takes an extra 4 seconds to pass the hose to your friend...is that 4 seconds really that painful without smoke in your lungs?
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeforlyf View Post
I don't understand why we have to have everything RIGHT NOW. It takes an extra 4 seconds to pass the hose to your friend...is that 4 seconds really that painful without smoke in your lungs?
Thats not how everyone feels about it though. It isnt fair of us to, for lack of a better word, bash a member that feels a two hose hookah would better suit his interests. I have a two hose and also a single hose, and I personally prefer my single hose. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna make someone feel bad because they want a two hose.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook