Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookahs in india

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:55 PM
veekar22
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Lightbulb hookahs in india

Hi, i'm a resident of india. i've read ur comments abt hookah lounge. i have opened a new hookah lounge in mumbi, india n would like to know new trends or sugessions to improve the hookah lounge service.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
dwkorth's Avatar
dwkorth
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton CO
Posts: 129
Default Re: hookahs in india

its different form place to place. i would ask your customers what they would like to see in your lounge and follow some of there advice
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: hookahs in india

I've only been to Goa but man, India has amazing food and tobacco! It's really lousy that all the cool stuff you guys get never gets exported to the West.

As for running a cafe, well I owned shisha in the states but i've no idea what people in mumbia want but i'm guessing that since it's a huge cosmopolitan city they want crappy mod style neo-moassel. I hope I am wrong however. I also want a real Koyilandy huqqa to replace the one I lost a while ago but those it seems don't get exported either.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
bhargavz's Avatar
bhargavz
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: India
Posts: 95
Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz
Default Re: hookahs in india

hey veekar...i stay in mumbai....wats the name of ur lounge
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:47 AM
A_Teator1's Avatar
A_Teator1
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 618
Default Re: hookahs in india

Man Hajo's right I wish some of that nice Egyptian stuff get make its way to the US. It would be nice to get more traditional moassel in the states
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
03rivers
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greenfield, IN
Posts: 335
Default Re: hookahs in india

Yeah it would be very nice to be able to get more traditional tobaccos in the states. I think there would be a sizable market for them
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM
veekar22
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavz View Post
hey veekar...i stay in mumbai....wats the name of ur lounge
well i personally dnt own a lounge as of yet.....just helped out few ppl....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
veekar22
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've only been to Goa but man, India has amazing food and tobacco! It's really lousy that all the cool stuff you guys get never gets exported to the West.

As for running a cafe, well I owned shisha in the states but i've no idea what people in mumbia want but i'm guessing that since it's a huge cosmopolitan city they want crappy mod style neo-moassel. I hope I am wrong however. I also want a real Koyilandy huqqa to replace the one I lost a while ago but those it seems don't get exported either.
well...ther r lot of hookah lounges in mumbai...but most of em dont know to sell it properly...i was wondering if i could gt few ideas b4 i put money in it.....cos its nt just hookahs that ppl come for...food n drinks it obviously one thing but entertainment it the most which sells.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
ariberns's Avatar
ariberns
Status: Offline
Hookah Master

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,971
Default Re: hookahs in india

good music, comfy cozy atmosphere, a large variety of flavors, friendly staff, flirtatious belly dancers
__________________
Hookah Pro Legitimate hookah without the bias.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
veekar22
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
good music, comfy cozy atmosphere, a large variety of flavors, friendly staff, flirtatious belly dancers
well gotta forget belly dancers....govt's nt tht supporting dude....n ther r very lmtd flvours tht ppl in mumbai like....i would love to intruduce new flavours and ambiance...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Drewzi's Avatar
Drewzi
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 758
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've only been to Goa but man, India has amazing food and tobacco! It's really lousy that all the cool stuff you guys get never gets exported to the West.

As for running a cafe, well I owned shisha in the states but i've no idea what people in mumbia want but i'm guessing that since it's a huge cosmopolitan city they want crappy mod style neo-moassel. I hope I am wrong however. I also want a real Koyilandy huqqa to replace the one I lost a while ago but those it seems don't get exported either.
I think there a lot of people here at HP that hope you are wrong, including me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
dlr1881
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 135
Default Re: hookahs in india

idk how big gaming is but the one i like here has tvs and game systems to play while you smoke
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:29 AM
bhargavz's Avatar
bhargavz
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: India
Posts: 95
Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
I think there a lot of people here at HP that hope you are wrong, including me.
People in Mumbai smoke mostly al-fakher, afzal & qehwa.... out of which al-fakher being the most popular choice. Even Hookah Lounges in Mumbai use Al-Fakher flavors. US made flavors like Starbuzz, SS, HH, etc are simply not available here. Very few people smoke DM because its not available everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:38 PM
thomas_j_smith's Avatar
thomas_j_smith
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith
Default Re: hookahs in india

Interesting to hear about DM in India!
__________________
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"---Robert Kennedy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: hookahs in india

DM is fantastic but personally I think that the best stuff in India is made by Ahmad Jurak. They make wonderful spiced jurak like Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha as well as more modern style moassels uder the AJPL brand. The best AJPL stuff is Saffron, Black Current, Litchi, Keora, vanilla and herbal (meaning a mix of herbs not the sugar cane crap). Although India has so many great brands and is such a huge country that I am guessing i've never had a tenth of of thee good stuff.

Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha are simply amazing, cheap and better then anything I can get in the states by far.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
BIGPOPPA's Avatar
BIGPOPPA
Status: Offline
I call it hypocritical BS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: VAIL, AZ
Posts: 3,615
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
DM is fantastic but personally I think that the best stuff in India is made by Ahmad Jurak. They make wonderful spiced jurak like Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha as well as more modern style moassels uder the AJPL brand. The best AJPL stuff is Saffron, Black Current, Litchi, Keora, vanilla and herbal (meaning a mix of herbs not the sugar cane crap). Although India has so many great brands and is such a huge country that I am guessing i've never had a tenth of of thee good stuff.

Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha are simply amazing, cheap and better then anything I can get in the states by far.
wow! saffron and litchi (im thinking this might be similar to lychee?) and herbal sound like they would be awesome!
Why oh why cant we get this stuff here.
__________________
Hi, my name's John. You are in violation of the balance. Leave immediately or I will deport you.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:10 AM
glostersa's Avatar
glostersa
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Africa Kempton Park
Posts: 5,499
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Teator1 View Post
Man Hajo's right I wish some of that nice Egyptian stuff get make its way to the US. It would be nice to get more traditional moassel in the states

Man oh man an Atlas is called for here Egypt is at the top of Africa this member is in India (home of Desi Merli and Afzal tobacco and Soex)
__________________
***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says Oh shit he is awake***
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:27 AM
hookahhsshiha
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 17
Default Re: hookahs in india

qehwa is a very pouplar brand all over Inida..and undoubtedly it is one of the major brands of the Indian market.. i hve tried almost all the flavours.. they have catagorised their flavours under two categories: Qehwa Regular Series & Qehwa Special Series and very soon i hve heared they are launching Qehwa Golden Series.. flavours like pansalsa, Arabian Delight, Berry Blast, orange county, saffron, liquorice, cardinal punch, fusion, ect are just amazing
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Jinzx's Avatar
Jinzx
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 154
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekar22 View Post
Hi, i'm a resident of india. i've read ur comments abt hookah lounge. i have opened a new hookah lounge in mumbi, india n would like to know new trends or sugessions to improve the hookah lounge service.
Hey , I went to this place in mumbai called koila or something that is really close to the taj mahal hotel... maybe you know of it.
you should copy them because that was a freaking AWESOME shisha place.

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:27 AM
matais3's Avatar
matais3
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 111
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekar22 View Post
well...ther r lot of hookah lounges in mumbai...but most of em dont know to sell it properly...i was wondering if i could gt few ideas b4 i put money in it.....cos its nt just hookahs that ppl come for...food n drinks it obviously one thing but entertainment it the most which sells.....

BELLY DANCERS!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:44 AM
dreadscought's Avatar
dreadscought
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 336
Default Re: hookahs in india

And a super shisha bartender who can make crazy hookahs out of fruit. Watermelon bases, pineapple heads and the like.
__________________
Giant Hookahs and large tangiers funnels. Oh
Yeah!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
ariberns's Avatar
ariberns
Status: Offline
Hookah Master

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,971
Default Re: hookahs in india

if you cant have belly dancers, can you have hot waitresses like hooters?(google hooters)
__________________
Hookah Pro Legitimate hookah without the bias.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: hookahs in india

Although I used to own a "shisha" cafe some years ago and was pretty sucessful I doubt ould say much to help out the fellow that started this thread. I will say that what really is needed is for someone to scout out the more traditional stuff in India and get it exported to Europa and the states so my fellow HPers and I can enjoy it more often the the rare trip to India.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hookah-burdar
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 173
Default Re: hookahs in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
[...] I will say that what really is needed is for someone to scout out the more traditional stuff in India and get it exported to Europa and the states so my fellow HPers and I can enjoy it more often the the rare trip to India.
Indeed!
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Bangalore India ronchinoy Introductions - Forum Members 15 February 15th, 2010 11:26 AM
India next week ! Jinzx Hookah Discussion 18 February 8th, 2010 09:47 AM
Hookah from India. FirePro84 Hookah Discussion 29 February 26th, 2009 11:00 PM
1824 Hookah like it was in Calcutta,India ShishaBubbly Hookah Discussion 4 August 25th, 2008 08:37 AM
New mini car from India Lakemonster General Yada-Yada 0 January 12th, 2008 12:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.