Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookahs in india

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 10th, 2010, 08:55 PM
veekar22
Hookah Newbie

Lightbulb hookahs in india

Hi, i'm a resident of india. i've read ur comments abt hookah lounge. i have opened a new hookah lounge in mumbi, india n would like to know new trends or sugessions to improve the hookah lounge service.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Default Re: hookahs in india

its different form place to place. i would ask your customers what they would like to see in your lounge and follow some of there advice
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've only been to Goa but man, India has amazing food and tobacco! It's really lousy that all the cool stuff you guys get never gets exported to the West.

As for running a cafe, well I owned shisha in the states but i've no idea what people in mumbia want but i'm guessing that since it's a huge cosmopolitan city they want crappy mod style neo-moassel. I hope I am wrong however. I also want a real Koyilandy huqqa to replace the one I lost a while ago but those it seems don't get exported either.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
bhargavz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz

hey veekar...i stay in mumbai....wats the name of ur lounge
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:47 AM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Man Hajo's right I wish some of that nice Egyptian stuff get make its way to the US. It would be nice to get more traditional moassel in the states
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

Yeah it would be very nice to be able to get more traditional tobaccos in the states. I think there would be a sizable market for them
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM
veekar22
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavz View Post
hey veekar...i stay in mumbai....wats the name of ur lounge
well i personally dnt own a lounge as of yet.....just helped out few ppl....
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
veekar22
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've only been to Goa but man, India has amazing food and tobacco! It's really lousy that all the cool stuff you guys get never gets exported to the West.

As for running a cafe, well I owned shisha in the states but i've no idea what people in mumbia want but i'm guessing that since it's a huge cosmopolitan city they want crappy mod style neo-moassel. I hope I am wrong however. I also want a real Koyilandy huqqa to replace the one I lost a while ago but those it seems don't get exported either.
well...ther r lot of hookah lounges in mumbai...but most of em dont know to sell it properly...i was wondering if i could gt few ideas b4 i put money in it.....cos its nt just hookahs that ppl come for...food n drinks it obviously one thing but entertainment it the most which sells.....
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

good music, comfy cozy atmosphere, a large variety of flavors, friendly staff, flirtatious belly dancers
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
veekar22
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
good music, comfy cozy atmosphere, a large variety of flavors, friendly staff, flirtatious belly dancers
well gotta forget belly dancers....govt's nt tht supporting dude....n ther r very lmtd flvours tht ppl in mumbai like....i would love to intruduce new flavours and ambiance...
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:

I think there a lot of people here at HP that hope you are wrong, including me.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

idk how big gaming is but the one i like here has tvs and game systems to play while you smoke
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:29 AM
bhargavz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
I think there a lot of people here at HP that hope you are wrong, including me.
People in Mumbai smoke mostly al-fakher, afzal & qehwa.... out of which al-fakher being the most popular choice. Even Hookah Lounges in Mumbai use Al-Fakher flavors. US made flavors like Starbuzz, SS, HH, etc are simply not available here. Very few people smoke DM because its not available everywhere.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:38 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Interesting to hear about DM in India!
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

DM is fantastic but personally I think that the best stuff in India is made by Ahmad Jurak. They make wonderful spiced jurak like Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha as well as more modern style moassels uder the AJPL brand. The best AJPL stuff is Saffron, Black Current, Litchi, Keora, vanilla and herbal (meaning a mix of herbs not the sugar cane crap). Although India has so many great brands and is such a huge country that I am guessing i've never had a tenth of of thee good stuff.

Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha are simply amazing, cheap and better then anything I can get in the states by far.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
DM is fantastic but personally I think that the best stuff in India is made by Ahmad Jurak. They make wonderful spiced jurak like Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha as well as more modern style moassels uder the AJPL brand. The best AJPL stuff is Saffron, Black Current, Litchi, Keora, vanilla and herbal (meaning a mix of herbs not the sugar cane crap). Although India has so many great brands and is such a huge country that I am guessing i've never had a tenth of of thee good stuff.

Abu Itrah, Al-Kaas & Abu Sheesha are simply amazing, cheap and better then anything I can get in the states by far.
wow! saffron and litchi (im thinking this might be similar to lychee?) and herbal sound like they would be awesome!
Why oh why cant we get this stuff here.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:10 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Teator1 View Post
Man Hajo's right I wish some of that nice Egyptian stuff get make its way to the US. It would be nice to get more traditional moassel in the states

Man oh man an Atlas is called for here Egypt is at the top of Africa this member is in India (home of Desi Merli and Afzal tobacco and Soex)
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:27 AM
hookahhsshiha
Hookah Newbie

qehwa is a very pouplar brand all over Inida..and undoubtedly it is one of the major brands of the Indian market.. i hve tried almost all the flavours.. they have catagorised their flavours under two categories: Qehwa Regular Series & Qehwa Special Series and very soon i hve heared they are launching Qehwa Golden Series.. flavours like pansalsa, Arabian Delight, Berry Blast, orange county, saffron, liquorice, cardinal punch, fusion, ect are just amazing
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Jinzx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekar22 View Post
Hi, i'm a resident of india. i've read ur comments abt hookah lounge. i have opened a new hookah lounge in mumbi, india n would like to know new trends or sugessions to improve the hookah lounge service.
Hey , I went to this place in mumbai called koila or something that is really close to the taj mahal hotel... maybe you know of it.
you should copy them because that was a freaking AWESOME shisha place.

Old April 17th, 2010, 08:27 AM
matais3
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekar22 View Post
well...ther r lot of hookah lounges in mumbai...but most of em dont know to sell it properly...i was wondering if i could gt few ideas b4 i put money in it.....cos its nt just hookahs that ppl come for...food n drinks it obviously one thing but entertainment it the most which sells.....

BELLY DANCERS!!
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:44 AM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

And a super shisha bartender who can make crazy hookahs out of fruit. Watermelon bases, pineapple heads and the like.
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

if you cant have belly dancers, can you have hot waitresses like hooters?(google hooters)
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Although I used to own a "shisha" cafe some years ago and was pretty sucessful I doubt ould say much to help out the fellow that started this thread. I will say that what really is needed is for someone to scout out the more traditional stuff in India and get it exported to Europa and the states so my fellow HPers and I can enjoy it more often the the rare trip to India.
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hookah-burdar
Hookah Nut

Quote:
[...] I will say that what really is needed is for someone to scout out the more traditional stuff in India and get it exported to Europa and the states so my fellow HPers and I can enjoy it more often the the rare trip to India.
Indeed!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook