Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Info for a newbie

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Info for a newbie

I am looking at getting my first hookah... http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-509.html (thanks capthowdy) or a http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5987-...or-tigris.html (i like the washable house and the heda diffuser)

My biggest question is, is there anything else i need to get with a new hookah accesory wise? are wind protectors any good?

will a heba diffuse fit on the km?

also what do i need to llok for when i recieve a new hookah are there important thing i might over look?

thanks for any help
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator
Default Re: Info for a newbie

I like the first one more.. Simply because thats the one I'm saving up for. >.>
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hookah Pro

I find a wind cover to be quite useful, even inside sometimes. Also, i have an SS difuser but Im sure its the same thing; the knob on the end of the KM downstem will for sure get in the way, but if youre careful you can cut the diffuser with a razorblade to make it fit. The diffuser definitely helps with the vibration and noise of the hookah but Im not sure whether it makes my smoke thicker or not. As for what to look for you can pretty much only look at aesthetic things like paint and discoloration. Theres no way to tell if it will smoke good until you smoke it for the first time, at which point you most likely cant return it. I can tell you first hand though that the KM's all pretty much smoke great. Happy smoking!
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

For a while I went without a windcover, seeing the pros videos and most of them having covers. After I finally got a windcover, I wondered what I did without it. Even inside it makes heat management easier. They say it is like a extra coal, and I agree 100%. Watch the forums and video reviews about products. Some things are in the eye of the beholder. I love phunnels, but others love their vortex bowls. Trial and error works best. Lotta great info on here, so spend some time and learn. Good luck!
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"---Robert Kennedy
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Hookah Pro

If you get the KM make sure you check it for leaks and other larger defects because all KMs are handmade, that doesn't however excuse a poorly made hookah. I would recommend getting a wind protector also because it makes heat management very easy, i use mine every time i smoke. Take care and good luck.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook