Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Another noob question!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

Default Another noob question!

So i want to buy my first Hookah but im on a tight budget so i looked on the internet if someone in my area was selling one. and i found this ad http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-...AdIdZ176459123
( its in french, i know ) basicaly it says that he wants to sell his hookah because he used it like 4 times . he sels it for 50$ and he adds a pack of coals ( his leftovers i assume ) so he dosent know the brand nor the model but as you can see from the picture it looks quite standard .... what do you guys think, is this a good bargain?

Last edited by cyberrem; April 11th, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:05 AM
snowboarder21
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Another noob question!

50 bucks!! just go to hookah-shisha and buy a mya qt for 50 bucks and it comes with coals shisha tongs and every other thing you need. I think that would be a better deal
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:11 AM
bhargavz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz

hookah looks good....but i would prefer buying a brand new mini (example: mya qt) hookah for the 1st time.... its really good. and i think u will get it for almost the same price.
chk it here: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-184-m...se-hookah.html
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:15 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

the problem is that im in canada and if the package gets stuck at the customs im gonna have to pay some huge crazy tax so i cant use the more '' conventional '' websites. i found myhookah.ca but i dont know if its a safe website to use.... anyone made business with them or any canadian found another way to get a hookah without risks?
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

cyberrem i would but this hookah, it looks like a KM stem but i don't recognize the base from their line, check it out for defects and holes before purchasing, if it works better you just got a steal for only paying 50 bux
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
cyberrem i would but this hookah, it looks like a KM stem but i don't recognize the base from their line, check it out for defects and holes before purchasing, if it works better you just got a steal for only paying 50 bux
yea i have to admit that it looks a lot like this one http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5371-...on-hookah.html
but its defenatly not 32 in tall judging by the picture! i think im gonna ask him by email lol who knows
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
shanaku
Hookah Nut

Hey man! That is the exact hookah i have (different hose) it is a great rig

WE ARE THE FEW - THE PROUD - THE DARK SIDE!
WE ARE THE BLACK LEAF BROTHERHOOD
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

You can't buy anything worth smoking for 50. Sorry but the cheap rigs like Qt have a strong chance of crapping out in 6 months and they only seem to smoke well until you try something good. In the end it makes no sense to save bucks on a narghile since you'll send a few hundred on coals and even more on moassel within a year so get something that will last smoke well.

Oh, the coals that come with the rig are QLs and they'll give you a nasty headache and they cost way more then good coals.
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:41 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaku View Post
Hey man! That is the exact hookah i have (different hose) it is a great rig
nice ! so wich brand is it and how much did you paid for yours?
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:45 AM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Yeah customs taxes are a burden for sure but I'd say try to find a Canadian shop? I'm not sure how prevalent those are but hey there might be one around
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:15 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

im going to go take a look at my local flea market. they sell ***** so why not hookahs?
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:46 AM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Dude it's a private sale, bargain with the guy! Besides I'd take an off brand generic egyptian over a chinese any day. Plus you have the ability to inspect it on site (unless he's shipping it to you).

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Try Hookah Hub. They are a Canadian based internet retailer.

dus'
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:58 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGram View Post
Dude it's a private sale, bargain with the guy! Besides I'd take an off brand generic egyptian over a chinese any day. Plus you have the ability to inspect it on site (unless he's shipping it to you).
I have to agree with SonOfGram here, even as generic Egyptian it would be well worth the money. If its a local buyer, I would contact them and see if you can take a look at it before buying it. Check out if it has a traditional chamber(vs (plated) common). Also if you're fixated on the draw, check to see the diameter of the downstem and test the draw but keep in mind that even with a slightly restricted draw it should smoke fine.
Just a guess but if you were to buy from another vendor and have it shipped, you would only have to pay a VAT/duty tax as long as there is no tobacco in the package(just a guess though). Maybe you could ask another Canadian smoker on here about this.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
senorpartagas
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty62 View Post
Try Hookah Hub. They are a Canadian based internet retailer.

dus'
Be careful here, Hookah Hub as far as I know ships from the US, not Canada:

"Canadian Shipping and Duties Overview
We offer our valued Canadian customers the speed and reliability of shipping to Canada with USPS (United States Postal Service). We always recommend Canadians use USPS as you will have a much greater chance of not paying duties, taxes and/or tariffs; however there are no guarantees.
Plus with our toll free phone number (1-888-212-7377) you never have to worry about paying long distance fees just to talk with us. Also unlike our competition we don't charge you extra shipping and handling fees just for being a Canadian customer. In fact we are the only major Canadian owned and operated hookah shop online today."

And from what I can tell the big taxes and duties seems to be on tobacco. Just the pipe itself might be subject to import taxes but I doubt they are as high as the tobacco taxes, not really sure though as I have never paid import taxes on anything.
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:25 AM
cyberrem
Hookah Newbie

finnaly i bought the one from the ad
, its a nice standard egyptian style hookah. Everything looks fine on it except maybe the bowl and the hose ( really shitty one )
i had to clean everything because there was just so much dust ( the guy used it like 3 times in 2 years )

now i just need to find a way to clean the stem and ill be ready to go ( still need to find some tobacco though ,... tthey only sell this herbal tobacco free shisha were i usualy go, is it any good? )

Last edited by cyberrem; April 12th, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Ok, my bad. From going to their site I believed they were Canadian based. I apologize for any misleading info I might have supplied. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

i would chance the taxes but that me or go to the homemade hookah stuff forum and look there im sure there was a guy turning pipe tobacco to hookah tobacco, im sure they have pipe tobacco in Canada
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:13 AM
vinit2cool
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
You can't buy anything worth smoking for 50. Sorry but the cheap rigs like Qt have a strong chance of crapping out in 6 months and they only seem to smoke well until you try something good. In the end it makes no sense to save bucks on a narghile since you'll send a few hundred on coals and even more on moassel within a year so get something that will last smoke well.

Oh, the coals that come with the rig are QLs and they'll give you a nasty headache and they cost way more then good coals.
$50 will go a long way when it come to hookahs now, I have had my QT for over a year that I picked up for $45 and I have not had one problem with it. Also, did you forget you can easily grab a KM for $50 now, the tefnut or even piece one together from hookahstore using our discount?
And it isn't proven that QL coals will give a nasty headache, I use them daily and I have never gotten a headache from them.
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:42 AM
harry_boii
Hookah Newbie

go t shisha buzz .com they have great km hookahs for cheap prices shishabuzz.com
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook