Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha in Vilnius

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Shisha in Vilnius

Hello all,

I've been spending a bit of time getting into the job/house thing and it looks to be a lovely place in all respects. I've discovered a couple of very nice cafes that have traditional Turkish narghiles and so far it seems that the selection is limited to Serbetli, Al Ajamy and Saet Safa and a tombac i've never heard of. The customers are basically older Arabs and business seems far from thriving but the serve is great as is the coffee and tea.

It doesn't seem that the natives are too interested in shisha but i've not been around long.

As best as I can tell, no mail order exists here so it looks like everything will end up being shipped in from Germany which while ideal is no big deal.
Old February 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Shisha in Vilnius

I went into a new shisha cafe today and a funny thing happened. They offered a discount if you clean/bring your own hose. They also have a deal where you can reserve a narghile that will be just for you or you can bring in your own and they will store and clean it for a monthly fee. Anyone heard of this in a Western country?

I've also grown to like Serbetli quite a lot very quickly and I am amazed that this brand has not found it's way to the states yet. The new place I was in today also had Tangiers which totally freaked me out.
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

haha I guess that shows that America's impact on shisha is spreading!
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinthecity
haha I guess that shows that America's impact on shisha is spreading!
Yeah it seems to be spreading rapidly too as more and more over 18 youngsters get into it, and tell their friends about it....Thats what seems to be happening around me, its mainly younger adults in the hookah bars that I go to.
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I went into a new shisha cafe today and a funny thing happened. They offered a discount if you clean/bring your own hose. They also have a deal where you can reserve a narghile that will be just for you or you can bring in your own and they will store and clean it for a monthly fee. Anyone heard of this in a Western country?
i like that! not because of the discount but because id rather bring my nammor and stargate than smoke some hookah bars beat up stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckwoman688
Yeah it seems to be spreading rapidly too as more and more over 18 youngsters get into it, and tell their friends about it....Thats what seems to be happening around me, its mainly younger adults in the hookah bars that I go to.
youre right, alot of younger adults (im one of em), most of us are cool but i tend not to like the ones who bring some chick, come for 10 minutes, pay for hookah but just take one hit off of it and giggle and pull out their cell phone for photo shoot. sometimes when they leave i so badly want to lean over and bring the hookah to my table where it will actually get some use!
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
Quote:
i like that! not because of the discount but because id rather bring my nammor and stargate than smoke some hookah bars beat up stuff.
same, i'd much rather bring in my own stuff, it gives me a commanding feel.
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:53 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23
Quote:
Quote:
same, i'd much rather bring in my own stuff, it gives me a commanding feel.
hahaha, reminds me of paintball, everyone showing up with their top of the line guns and equipment, and instead of getting down to business they talk about how much their equipment costs and what not lol. bring your own hookah gear sounds great but it would be a challenge to keep things from getting into a contest.

"i notice your smoking a KM."
"yea, its pretty nice"
"pfft, for a beginner"
"beginner? i got tangiers loaded"
"thats nothing. i got dingleberry shisha loaded"
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I googled the name of the city and hookah...

apparently...theres a place there called Wild Girls Show Club that serves hookahs and has nekid dancers... kind of a Middle eastern strip joint.

I now have in mind what I would like do with a hookah bar.

Old February 11th, 2008, 01:26 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
...theres a place there called Wild Girls Show Club that serves hookahs and has nekid dancers
Are you sure you didn't Google 'Hooker Bars'?

Old February 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker
Quote:
...theres a place there called Wild Girls Show Club that serves hookahs and has nekid dancers
OMG I almost spit Beef Stew all over my monitor when I read this LOL that was freaking funny!
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

slags & narghiles? not exactly what I want when I go out for a bit of relaxation. A stranger's bum and pasties gyrating in front of me is something i'd find unsettling rather then stimulating. Anyway, from what i've seen young adults are not bulk of who shows up at the local shisha cafes but it's mostly the local Arabs and Turks. The narghiles are not beat up but are very heavy, heavy solid brass deals from Turkey with Shisha King style hoses and little mouth tips like what you get on crappy cigars. The setup and service is great as is the Arabic coffee. Too bad the music is run of mill euro-pop which is to say crap.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
hahaha, reminds me of paintball, everyone showing up with their top of the line guns and equipment, and instead of getting down to business they talk about how much their equipment costs and what not lol. bring your own hookah gear sounds great but it would be a challenge to keep things from getting into a contest.

"i notice your smoking a KM."
"yea, its pretty nice"
"pfft, for a beginner"
"beginner? i got tangiers loaded"
"thats nothing. i got dingleberry shisha loaded"
[/quote]
Yeah, I know what you mean. When I had my own cafe i'd get this college kids comming in that thought they were super macho braging about how much they smoked and buzzed they got after smoking for 8 hours. Occasionally i even hear someone say that so and so was a puss cause he passed out. I wish people like that would spend their time drinking shit beer so we wouldn't have to put up with them.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

My biggest worry over bringing my own gear - getting broken by some semi-drunk brat or even possibly stolen. Heck, I probably wouldn't even bring my hose - Nammors aren't cheap and I just can see some tipsy buzzed idiot stepping on it or dropping a coal on the thing.

Sounds kool, but if I bring my own rig &/or hose.... couldn't I just stay home and smoke in the comfort of my own living room?

And Hajo, try some of the Al Ajamy - I've tried a few and remarkably, it's good. A bit sweet (probably more than you'd prefer) but still very good.
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
A stranger's bum and pasties gyrating in front of me is something i'd find unsettling rather then stimulating.

I know what you mean..... I hate pasties.
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker
Quote:
too funny...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook