Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How to Smoke The Pride of Al-Qamishli

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 11th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default How to Smoke The Pride of Al-Qamishli

Introduction:
Since the first batch of the Pride of Al-Qamishliís Spring seasonal blend which is called " The Harmony of the Soil." got mailed recently I would guess that one or two people would have it within another day or so and a couple of more by mid week. As a result, I think that the time has come to give up some info about how to set up and smoke the "The Harmony of the Soil". Since this stuff is pretty hard to get I strongly recommend that you share a bit with a pal or some Hper that didnít get in on it.
Storage:
Basically what you need to keep in mind is that since this is an old fashioned product you canít just have it sit about forever since it has no preservatives and I donít know how long it will last. Some traditional products will only last two or three months and some keep for a little more then a year. I do know that they need to be kept in a cool dry place and in an air tight container with as little air space as possible. What I suggest is that after two or three months you test it out and if you think the flavour is still to your liking then wait a couple of more months to try it out again. If itís starting to loss itís taste/aroma then smoke it quickly.
Setup:
Since this stuff is super fresh you donít need too add any thing to it. In terms of bowls that are around in the states or Europa I suggest you use one of the following: a small or medium funnel with a scalli mod, a super chief (my favorite for this blend) or a vortex. Packing is done by sprinkling in the moassel slowly until itís to the top of rim and pressing down slightly until itís about 3mm below the top of the rim. Next, stretch a heavy duty foil over the top keeping it as tight as possible. The hole patter should be two circles of equally spaced small pin holes with the circles set about a third of the way in from the inner and outer diameter. If you use a funnel or super chief a single centrally allocated hole about 5mm in diameter is needed.
Coals:
Depending up the size of the bowl youíll need 3 or 4 pieces of high quality natural coals equally spaced around the foil. Donít use quick lights. Make sure the coals are glowing hot and have ashed over once before putting them on. Next Iíd suggest waiting a full 45 -60 seconds before taking a draw. The colas need to be rotated every 5 to 7 minutes if you want to avoid burning the moassel or imparting a harsh flavour.
Smoking:
This is a fairly strong moassel that has an apparent 7-8% nicotine content so slowly paced, shallow draws are the way to go. I strongly recommend waiting about 20 seconds between draws if you are comfortable with the more traditional type moassels. If you typically smoke more processed stuff like Nakhlaís Zagloul or Salloum Plain a 30 second pause is recommenced and if you smoke the candies crap well, waiting a minute would be a good idea but giving it someone more experienced would be better still.
When smoking keep in mind that this is a rich complicated, heavy smoke meant for thinking and being aware of the various primary and background tastes and texture. This is not a product meant to be consumed at a party, while drinking liquor, playing games or to distract you from some video. This moassel has a lot of subtle flavours and they will change as you smoke. Pay attention to the smoke texture and aftertastes because this is not like a typical processed product. Lastly smoke this stuff on a full stomach and have something light, refreshing and lacking a strong flavour when you smoke like unsweetened ice tea or cold water.
Iíll post a review in the near term to help people get an idea about what this stuff tastes like although itís complicated enough that my powers of expression will be tried.

Old April 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: How to Smoke The Pride of Al-Qamishli

Cool Hajo. Thanks for the instructions. It would suck to ruin a bowl of good stuff by doing it wrong! Smoke happy.

dus'
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

thanks for the write up, i was thinking i might need a special bowl, but if a phunnel works thats great
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Great Write up man I cant wait to try this stuff! Im running to my mail box everyday now.
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Thank you Hajo. It is much appreciated as to how to smoke this. I can't wait for it to arrive!
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

I didn't get a chance to ask you for some. If after you send out all your samples any is leftover, I'd love to try some. I'll pay for it, of course. :]
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:18 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Thank you for the descriptive direction, Im so excited to be included in this.
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Beyond the first couple sessions and special occasions I will likely treat this like I did my shooting star. Pack a funnel lightly with AF soft black and sprinkle the more prized tobacco on top.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Jinzx
Hookah Nut

room temperature water in the base, ye ?
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I personally like to use cooled water so a bit of ice helps. Thing is that if it's too cold you risk killing the flavour.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheezanator View Post
I didn't get a chance to ask you for some. If after you send out all your samples any is leftover, I'd love to try some. I'll pay for it, of course. :]
Nope. it's all gone but i'd like to suggest that you keep an eye out because i'll be getting some amazing jurak in all likelihood and if you want to give it a shot you best say so while the chance exists.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook