Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

looking to buy first hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 12th, 2010, 03:11 AM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

Default Re: looking to buy first hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXsouljah View Post
what exactly is the difference between vortex and funnel other then the "hole" placement? one smoke better then the other? also is that vase black? and could i see the water level so i know when the water/ice cubes is enough
votex draws the air through the shisha but they do the same thing keep the juices there
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:56 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Wow, you guys telling a new hookah smoker Tangiers is the best, what's wrong with y'all? For a new smoker stay away from Tangiers! It is not how hookah smoking is supposed to be and good tobacco shouldn't have to acclimate.

I like the stem, but not a fan of the base color. Im not a fan of blue bases. Have you looked at Hookah-Shisha.com? They are located in Austin and it may be cheaper for you. They have free shipping in the Austin area and I believe you can pick it up as well, may have to ask to make sure.

As for bowl, get a vortex and mod/egyptian bowl. Phunnels take practice to get used to while the others are idiot proof.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
ATXsouljah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to ATXsouljah

i read the review on this hookah and the guy was new to smoking hookah also and i don't think it was a very good review...anyway he had a different vase (one not as nice as this one pictured) if they picture this vase do i get this vase or do they give u a different one? because i want the one pictured and not that crappy looking one in the review.

all the KM's at Hookah-Shisha.com are supper huge, i dont think i want anything taller then 3 feet. unless hookahs are normally all this size, and they seem to be a little more expensive and not "brass". BUT they do come with a free cheap hookah with any order over 100$!

Last edited by ATXsouljah; April 12th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
i read the review on this hookah and the guy was new to smoking hookah also and i don't think it was a very good review...anyway he had a different vase (one not as nice as this one pictured) if they picture this vase do i get this vase or do they give u a different one? because i want the one pictured and not that crappy looking one in the review.
If it is pictured you get it. I haven't dealt with a vendor that swaps out bases on you unless you ask for a different vase.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah91 View Post
Everyone on this site will tell you the same thing "All km's smoke about the same; awesome". I would recommend buying whichever km is the most visually appealing to you from a recognized hookahpro vendor. Km hoses are good but are not washable, I would recommend picking up a washable hose like a narbish or namour and save the km hose for one or two flavors only. Vortex and funnel bowls are both awesome.
I wish i could add to that but i can't. Great post texashookah91
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:11 PM
ATXsouljah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to ATXsouljah

thanks for all the help guys, this is by far one of the nicest forums to noobs ive ever been on haha +points for everyone!
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Variable
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Variable

Quote:
ATX, yeah I put up that review on the Kamanja... Should probably update it, as I have had probably 15 smokes out of the hookah since then. Gotten a vortex and an alien bowl also since. No complaints at all. Construction on it is pretty sturdy, so I don't expect any problems down the line. My kids will probably break the vase before the stem ever gives up. Hope the pics gave you a better idea on construction. Send me a PM is you would liek to see any other detail pics.

I still have the stock KM hose, but a friend has let me borrow both a Narbish v3 and a Romman hose, and in my opinion, the pull is a little more effortless from either of those hoses, so I will probably get one of those in short order. Probably the Romman, as this hooks is 26-27 inches and the host end on the Narbish is a little too long.

Last edited by Variable; April 12th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook