Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what is the best brand of tabacoo for me?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 14th, 2010, 03:11 AM
wesside
Hookah Newbie

Default what is the best brand of tabacoo for me?

Can someone please explain to me the difference between all the shisha types?
I was notified that they all have different nicotine levels and are made out of different leaves. I was also told that the smoke and taste quality varies between the shishas !
It would be great if someone could post some further information about the differences. Opinions and recommendations for diffrent shishas is very welcome.
Max
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:00 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Default Re: what is the best brand of tabacoo for me?

There are many different brands and flavours of shisha out there so recommending anything in particular is rather redundant as everyone has different tastes and their own personal preferences. It really depends on what you're looking for. If you have a sweet tooth and like sweet fruity flavours then I would suggest brands like Al Fakher, Starbuzz or Social Smoke (there are many other so I'm just naming a few). Nakhla is just as good but it is an unwashed tobacco meaning it has a slightly higher Nicotine content.

There are also traditional flavour shisha's available for people who don't enjoy the sweet fruity stuff but prefer the more spicy and complex tastes of traditional shisha's

I would suggest checking out the tobacco/shisha review section of the forum so that you can get an
idea about what flavours are worth checking out: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

With regards to specifics about nicotine levels, types of tobacco leaves used etc. all I can say is google is your friend.

Last edited by HiToKiRi; April 14th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:55 AM
euroautolover
Hookah Nut

My personal favorite shisha company is Fumari. It smooth and tasty. Always a pleasure. The downside: A little expensive. $9 + shipping ea. Each package has about 15 bowls, so its not that bad.

Whatever you choose, I would definitely suggest fruit flavors over others.
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by euroautolover View Post
My personal favorite shisha company is Fumari. It smooth and tasty. Always a pleasure. The downside: A little expensive. $9 + shipping ea. Each package has about 15 bowls, so its not that bad.

Whatever you choose, I would definitely suggest fruit flavors over others.
Fumari is one of the most under-appreciated brands in my opinion.
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Social Smoke, Starbuzz, JM's, Al Fakher are all good for little to no buzz. They are candyish flavors and people seem to enjoy them. Social Smoke, Starbuzz, JM's are a tad on the expensive side as well.

Salloum and Cleopatra are a fruity tobacco that is an excellent smoke!

Afzal is an indian tobacco that has hit or miss flavors. It will give you a buzz, at least it does me when i chain it. I recommend Bombay Pan Masala.

Nakhla packs a punch. They have a lot of flavors and they are not candyish. Nakhla is one of the more popular brands and one people recommend for everyone. Pick a flavor and try it. 95% of their tobacco is great.

Desi Murli is a traditional tobacco. Produces very little clouds and packs a punch for most. It is spicy, earthy, tobacco with a subtle taste of what it is labeled as.

Tangiers is not how smoking hookah is supposed to be. Good tobacco does not need acclimation nor should it smell like BBQ sauce or soy sauce. I say stay away from Tangiers.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

AF in 50g size is good for beginners wanting to try alot of different flavors without investing alot of money
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM
anis14
Hookah Guru

The best starter brands are Nakhla and AF based on price and on buzz. I started with Nakhla and once you get used to a small headrush when smoking that you will be ready for other brands.
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
wesside
Hookah Newbie

I have order a few Nakhla tobacco just the 50g I also received 3 packs for free of Al-Waha ( Anyone try this before? ).
Also what tobacco should I get after Nakhla stops giving me a head rush ?
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I have order a few Nakhla tobacco just the 50g I also received 3 packs for free of Al-Waha ( Anyone try this before? ).
Let me save you the trouble, toss the Al-Waha in the trash. Horrible stuff.

If Nakhla gives you a head rush it means 1 of 2 things. Your nicotine tolerance is low or you are chaining. If you don't have a high tolerance you may want to try a lighter tobacco, Social Smoke, Starbuzz, AF, Salloum etc.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
wesside
Hookah Newbie

I have been dipping smokeless tobacco for like 2 years that should of made me pretty tolerant to tobacco shouldn't it ?
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM
mikemindt3492
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Social Smoke, Starbuzz, JM's, Al Fakher are all good for little to no buzz. They are candyish flavors and people seem to enjoy them. Social Smoke, Starbuzz, JM's are a tad on the expensive side as well.

Salloum and Cleopatra are a fruity tobacco that is an excellent smoke!

Afzal is an indian tobacco that has hit or miss flavors. It will give you a buzz, at least it does me when i chain it. I recommend Bombay Pan Masala.

Nakhla packs a punch. They have a lot of flavors and they are not candyish. Nakhla is one of the more popular brands and one people recommend for everyone. Pick a flavor and try it. 95% of their tobacco is great.

Desi Murli is a traditional tobacco. Produces very little clouds and packs a punch for most. It is spicy, earthy, tobacco with a subtle taste of what it is labeled as.

Tangiers is not how smoking hookah is supposed to be. Good tobacco does not need acclimation nor should it smell like BBQ sauce or soy sauce. I say stay away from Tangiers.
on a side note to what capt has said that 5% of nakhla includes their regular line flavors of strawberry and lemon.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemindt3492 View Post
on a side note to what capt has said that 5% of nakhla includes their regular line flavors of strawberry and lemon.
And Coconut for me
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
dyeforlyf
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I tend to agree with everything the captain said except for this. I love tangiers and don't understand why so many people hate on it. I found Al Fakher to be harder to smoke than this stuff (it just feels like it's burning from the tickle you get from every pull)...I never got a harsh session from tangiers, and everyone that has smoked it with me (even noobies) have loved it.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeforlyf View Post
I tend to agree with everything the captain said except for this. I love tangiers and don't understand why so many people hate on it. I found Al Fakher to be harder to smoke than this stuff (it just feels like it's burning from the tickle you get from every pull)...I never got a harsh session from tangiers, and everyone that has smoked it with me (even noobies) have loved it.

As do I, I have never had a problem with tangiers and have enjoyed every flavor from them except for sour. I wouldn't recommend starting with tangiers though because there is a learning curve to getting it to smoke right and if you are new to hookah smoking tangiers can turn you off of hookah completely if you don't know what you are doing. Stick with AF and Nakhla for now.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeforlyf View Post
For the reason I stated. It needs acclimation and then many times it doesn't acclimate properly. Good tobacco doesn't need to acclimate. For new hookah smokers Tangiers is not something you start out with for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
I wouldn't recommend starting with tangiers though because there is a learning curve to getting it to smoke right and if you are new to hookah smoking tangiers can turn you off of hookah completely if you don't know what you are doing.
You answered why I tell people no to Tangiers. It is not for new people. Even the most experienced can't get Tangiers to smoke properly. Drew, you should know good tobacco needs no acclimation.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
For the reason I stated. It needs acclimation and then many times it doesn't acclimate properly. Good tobacco doesn't need to acclimate. For new hookah smokers Tangiers is not something you start out with for this reason.

You answered why I tell people no to Tangiers. It is not for new people. Even the most experienced can't get Tangiers to smoke properly. Drew, you should know good tobacco needs no acclimation.

I agree, good tobacco should not need acclimation. I appreciate tangiers for their bold flavors, heavy smoke, high nicotine content and how preparing it is almost and art form. I am a Tangiers fan and i will stick by my brands. However i do realize that it is not for everybody and it should be bought with a degree of caution if you don't know what you are doing. There are plenty of other great shishas out there and this should be one of the last brands you try because its temperamental. Don't make this your first purchase and ruin your impression of hookah smoking.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:29 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Give the Al-Waha a go if it's free. It is not the most popular brand but maybe you will like it. I used to get headrushes with Nakhla but after a while I got used to it. If you want to move on from Nakhla I would recommed Al Fakher as it won't give you a head rush, cheaper then most brands and easily available.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:

What's with this bashing? It grows tiresome my friend.
Just because something has requires some work does not mean it is not worth it. I'm not a huge tang fan but I do dig on some of the flavors. And why does acclimation mean quality? Cigars sit in humidors for a level environment. . .

More so on topic, I think that your coals may be a culprit in the head rush department, looking at your tobacco track record (snus/dip knocks me to the ground but I can smoke nakhla without a buzz). Besides that CaptHowdy has a pretty good run down about brands and the general flavor of them.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook