Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Clean an Unwashable Hose

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 14th, 2010, 01:48 PM
zlj1989
Hookah Nut

Default Clean an Unwashable Hose

Hey everyone. Just had a little question and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a KM Heart of the Lion Trimetal with just the standard KM hose. I've noticed the flavors of certain tobaccos stay within the hose even after I wash my hookah and blow the smoke out of the hose and hang it up. I was wondering if anyone had a trick to not have that happen. Thanks guys and happy smoking!
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Clean an Unwashable Hose

Pretty much all you can do is what you're already doing. Blow the smoke out and hang it up. The only thing that will make the flavor go away is to smoke a stronger flavor. But then of course that flavor is 'stuck' in your hose...
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
wesside
Hookah Newbie

How can you tell if your hose is washable or not? I have the cobra hoes is that one washable?
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:02 PM
zlj1989
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
Pretty much all you can do is what you're already doing. Blow the smoke out and hang it up. The only thing that will make the flavor go away is to smoke a stronger flavor. But then of course that flavor is 'stuck' in your hose...
The only way I know of is to squeeze the hose and if you can't squeeze it it, it's probably not washable. If you can squeeze it in, it probably is washable.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:02 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

DaSebsch pretty much said it all.

Wesside if Im not mistaken the Cobra hose isn't washable.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
mikemindt3492
Hookah Newbie

take the mouth piece off and look inside. if you see a metal coil inside(looks similar to a spring) then it isnt washable. do NOT wash it.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlj1989 View Post
The only way I know of is to squeeze the hose and if you can't squeeze it it, it's probably not washable. If you can squeeze it in, it probably is washable.

Usually I can feel the coil in all my non-washable hoses. Best action to take is this, if the hose you bought doesn't say washable, then it probably isnt.

Nammor
Razan
Caravan
AF Healthy Hose

Those are washable.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM
wesside
Hookah Newbie

awesome thank you capt. for the types!! I did try to wash one of my old hoses that were defiantly were washable ! But then my bowl broke and I couldn't test it. Im guessing its ruined now but its Ok ill just purchase a washable once.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

It's really worth the money when buying one of the hoses Capt said
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Use a magnet, the one that sticks to metal, the metal that's inside the cobra hose.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Basically all of the hoses that normally come with pretty much all low to mid priced rigs will be unwashable and unless a hose is advertised as being washable it's not. If you can feel a coil or it sticks to a magnet don't try and wash it. If want to use an unwashable hose buy a high quality leather one and then only use a single flavour with it. If you have normal unwashable hose toss it after you have used it for a couple of weeks since the gunk in it will make you sick and the smoke will taste horrible.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

I use this technique to clean my unwashable hoses and dry out my washable hoses. It works well to remove particles stuck in the hose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=820zR9DvF1c

Before doing this 'smack' the hose against the floor a bit to loosen up anything inside the hose. Then I just place one end outside of the window to allow 'fresh' air into the hose.

Hope this helps.
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
ViPa
Hookah Newbie

i think it'd be possible to clean it using a portable tire filling machine..i believe it spits out air at a high velocity..it'll do a better job than just simply blowing out
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I use nonwashable Syrian hoses almost exclusively and I clean them often. What I do is allow the hose to hang for a week or 2 which lets all the resins dry thoroughly. I then bunch the hose up and twist the shizzle out of it which breaks up all the build-up. Then I take the hose to work where I blow it out w/a high powered air compressor. Repeat as needed.
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:03 PM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I use nonwashable Syrian hoses almost exclusively and I clean them often. What I do is allow the hose to hang for a week or 2 which lets all the resins dry thoroughly. I then bunch the hose up and twist the shizzle out of it which breaks up all the build-up. Then I take the hose to work where I blow it out w/a high powered air compressor. Repeat as needed.
smoke some mint is what i do. and "abu ronin" has something there
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:53 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

I use an air compressor to blow out my hose... Helps with ghosting too
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

One of our no longer supported vendors sells the AF healthy hose for $2.95, search a bit online and you can prob find it. Also I find that AF Mint is a good way to cleanse of my ghosted hoses
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:07 AM
blacklit
Hookah Newbie

i use a funnel and run warm water down (via shower) my non-washable hoses. you should see the residue wash out until it's clear. i run it for ~60 secs. then, i G-force : ) the water out by basically doing this, first to the top half, second to the bottom half--i find it works best in two steps. then i hang-dry it mouth-piece up, hookah port down.

i know the residue and smell you're talking about. the difference for me is night and day after doing the above. just minimize the conditions that might cause it to rust, which isn't difficult.

if you could maintain airflow while it was hanging dry, even better.. say, with something like this.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklit View Post
i use a funnel and run warm water down (via shower) my non-washable hoses. you should see the residue wash out until it's clear. i run it for ~60 secs. then, i G-force : ) the water out by basically doing this, first to the top half, second to the bottom half--i find it works best in two steps. then i hang-dry it mouth-piece up, hookah port down.

i know the residue and smell you're talking about. the difference for me is night and day after doing the above. just minimize the conditions that might cause it to rust, which isn't difficult.

if you could maintain airflow while it was hanging dry, even better.. say, with something like this.
You wash a non-washable hose? How long have you been doing this? To each their own I guess, just watch out because you will eventually have to replace it.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
hookaholic3639
Hookah Nut

I take an air compressor to my hose, it usually cleans it out pretty good.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
You wash a non-washable hose? How long have you been doing this? To each their own I guess, just watch out because you will eventually have to replace it.
i also wash my non washable hoses. i figure the ash and dust that is in them is going to mean i need to replace it any way why not get a few more sessions out of my hoses.

i use the little tiny brush and attached it to a wire that i feed through the hose to scrub the inside of the hose, then i blow distilled water through it till it comes out clean, then mix lemon juice and distilled water through the hose, and then clear it out with distilled water again and hang it up to dry.
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnnix View Post
i also wash my non washable hoses. i figure the ash and dust that is in them is going to mean i need to replace it any way why not get a few more sessions out of my hoses.

i use the little tiny brush and attached it to a wire that i feed through the hose to scrub the inside of the hose, then i blow distilled water through it till it comes out clean, then mix lemon juice and distilled water through the hose, and then clear it out with distilled water again and hang it up to dry.
You are a braver person than I. Personally I would not want to inhale particles of rust from inside the hose. That could make you sick. I washed non-washable hoses in the past and that was the end of those hoses.
My recommendation would be not to wash a non-washable hose with water or any other liquid but then again who am I to stop you.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook